local stihl dealership

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alamo-kid

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just got back from the local Stihl dealership I wanted to purchase a MS 200t and a part for my 064 . The ms 200t price he quoted was 499.99+ tax (ouch)
then he said he did not know about getting one because they came two to a box and he did not want to stock the other one. He kinda implied if I did not want two of them I should go somewhere else. I then ask about the 064 part and he replied "I can order it but you gotta pay 6.25 ups shipping the part only cost 1.25 do you still want it.

If this is the type of businesses(dealers) Stihl is so proud to protect It does'nt say much for their management or product.

jeff

ms 200t

I was still so shaken up over ups charge that I forgot to ask about the ms 200t price does 499.99 sound inline. (for one of course)

jeff

I'd wanted a couple dollar part from my Stihl dealer.  He asked me if I was in a hurry or could it wait until he placed his next order.  I said wait.  He just called and it's in.  I guess someone wanted a high-dollar ripping chain and my part hitched a free ride.

Glen

small part

my guy never gave the option of waiting. I could probably have lived with that, but His response was "want it or not?" As far as the saws coming in pairs... maybe they do I'm not a dealer..... His and hers possibly?????

jeff

A lot of Stihl products do come in pairs. Call Stihl at 1-800-467-8445, maybe they can direct you to another dealer in your area with a better attitude toward customer service.

Sorry to drop this in your punchbowl, but get real girls!!

Some pro/commercial cutter sashays in wanting a 5$ part
immediately, but does not want to pay shipping???

The commercial/pro jerks around here travel several counties
around the state buying saws at the dealer dumb enough to
sell them a saw at near cost, and try to use this as leverage
to get cost for parts at all of the other local dealers. I am
so busy, I give them a price and if they ?????, and say I can
buy it cheaper in the next county, I say then go get it!!
But if you expect any dealer to sell you a part they do not have
and eat the shipping costs. I lay reality on the line, tell them
when I am making an order, and if they want to make it sooner,
then they should pay the extra $6 shipping, if not, they can wait like all of the other customers.

I encourage them to go to the dealer in the next county, as I am way too busy to put up with their swill.
Any redneck willing to drive 30 miles one-way to save $6
is a small timer anyway. Sorry to be so gruff, but get real!!
If the dealer does not mark up the price and does not charge
shipping, how in the hell does he make a living? Pay his help?
Pay the dam light bill? I mispelled dam on purpose.

You girls need to get a grip on reality, the dealer makes no money
when you walk in the door, but cuss under their breath when they
look up and see you, since you are a "pro", you expect immediate
attention, and "expect" to pay cost and "expect" a cheaper
labor rate.
Let the cannons rage! I am ready!!!!
I would fare better without any commercial customers.
You even expect preset tiestraps for free.

Come on girls, lets get it on!!!!!

But I digress........

While Fish digresses...I have to agree with the shipping part...I cannot order a 2 dollar part overnight and not charge the shipping to the customer....I have a VERY healthy parts inventory...but I refuse to lose money on a part that is special order. My parts are sold at suggested retail.(I eat all shipping costs) I very rarely don't have a common part on hand. If you want to wait for my parts order...no problem..no shipping....if the part you need is on a new saw on the shelf, I will rob it..no problem...but again...don't ask me to order a 2 dollar part overnight, and expect me to cover the shipping.

Alamo...I realize your dealer never gave you the option...and I would be pissy about that as well...buying saws in two (as a customer), not likely...I would look for a new dealer...

Oh yah....Fish...learn to spell damb::D

I am still sick from the last thread concerning this crap. If you wanna deal local do it if you dont go to the computer room and order out. These type of threads always go beyond the relm of decent dicsussion and get run staight in the ground..........later Wade

Well damb!!!
Stihl sells the smaller units in pairs, but if a customer wanted one
I would gladly put the other one on the shelf. But if the customer
expected cost, then I really would not give a damb.

Last edited:
The only parts I order that I have the customer pay shipping on are ShortBlocks for briggs,kohler ect... or new motors. I order stihl parts 3 days a week. Saves on shipping.

Now, the 200T comes one in a box. No idea why he thought 2 come in a box.

Come to think of it, the dealer is supposed to carry ???? near every saw in stock, at least one. I know of another dealer south of here that lost its rights to be a dealer cause they were modifing new saws, selling online, and only carrying a 046 and 066 in stock.....

OOOOo!

Why would you go to the next county? Exactly, if you do not mind? Because of my policies on making some modicum of profit?
My wish to feed my family? If I sell to you at my cost, AND, pay
shipping costs, wouldn't I eventually run out of money?
Or is there a government grant that should support me in this
pursuit?
Sorry to sound bitter, it is just because I am.

confused

I don't know anything about Stihl dealerships but I have never paid shipping at the local Chevrolet house for a special order part if these "Stihl dealerships" are that "Mickey Mouse" that does not say much for them or their business.

jef

Jef is right!

We should all just buy from Lowes for our Husqvarna parts.
I am sure they would get us our parts next day with no
shipping charges.

Alamo,
Trust me you have paid shipping on your special order part it just wasn't past off to you as shipping. We are one of the larger Stihl dealers in town and probably the largest power equip dealer in Denver and I can assure you it does not matter how much you order the dealer still pays shipping. Ever seen a destination charge for you new vehicle???

These threads are mostly laughable I agree. We deal with some of the largest tree companies in town and one the the two largest log home suppliers in USA. You know what, they pay retail for parts and a fair margin on saws. The reason it is laughable is because quite frankly you commercial guys pinching you pennies on these saws are either real poor at business or a real "mickey mouse" operation.

If I were operating a tree company I could really care less how much my saws and saw parts were if they were reasonable. You know why? Because I know what these guys are spending on labor, dump fees, gas, and insurance. What they spend in the saw shop is miniscule in comparision. These guys are real successful business men and that is because they are not wasting their time counting pennies when the are losing dollars. Maybe keep some of you help from having a smoke on your dime. Maybe route yourself better. That is why these threads are silly. Fish I am with you. We might be a little nicer to the commercial guys but I give them a fair shake. The price is the price and they understand that. There are some commercial guys who understand that and quite frankly they are generally the larger companies.

And any good business person can understand why online stores are generally cheaper than brick and mortar stores. That is why companies like Stihl and Honda have fought online stores. Or maybe Honda is now "mickey mouse". I must admit I wouldn't mind being a multiple billion dollar mickey mouse company.

parts

FISH,

come on now I don't expect any cut rate prices, "just parts" for the products the dealer sells!!!!!!....... I work on my own saws ...I buy the parts manuals for them and when I need a part i go to the and tell them what part #'s I want. When I tell the "dealer" what part I need I get looked at like a criminal "Why should I be treated this way because I like Stihl saws. It appears the dealers are protected by Stihl "Who watches out for me "

jeff

I need to get something straight. When I suggested Jef call Stihl, that was to see if they could direct him to someone who had a MS200 in stock, not to try and beat someone up over shipping. In the car business (dealership anyway) parts are delivered 5 times a week by company trucks. We do not pay seperately for shipping it's built in to the price of the parts. We earn a return credit percentage for parts that are "stock ordered" and do NOT earn credits for "daily" orders. The only time there is an extra shipping charge is when something is not in stock in the local warehouse and we request "special Handling" special handling by-passes the companty trucks and UPS's the part directly from another warehouse to our store. I am aware of the Stihl trimmers being packed two to a box, I was unaware of how MS200's were boxed. I was also recently at Stihl school in Shelton, Conn and saw a bin full of units that were available to dealers at a discount because they were single units in what should have been double boxes.

Latest posts

Back