Local weater man says the Earth is in a cooling phase that will last 10 to 15 years.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coastal Water Temperatures
Place Temperature
North Spit (EKA), CA 48.0 °F
Crescent City, CA 48.9 °F
Port Orford, OR 48.0 °F

NDBC - Station 46027

More than 1 degree, close to three degrees colder.
We dirtied the air, but the climate does its own thing.

Even if we do go into a cooling period it probably won't be noticed. Last year was one of the coldest winters that I have gone through and this winter is probably about average. It started out cold and so far is winding up warmer. Who knows what next year will bring. Whether we have global warming or global cooling individual years can and will fluctuate. Different parts of our country will be colder than normal and other parts will be warmer than normal all in the same year.

Weather is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

Key word is "GLOBAL." Makes it difficult for many to understand. Doesn't matter (necessarily) that your country/state/county is up/down 20 degrees. What does matter is the difference of the integral of surface temp over time and ENTIRE surface of the planet for sufficiently long period of time, from some previous period.

The Okefenokee may be cooling (or not) but the region of the boreal forests, including Alaska Sarah, is warming and the permafrost is thawing. Meanwhile, the ice cover of Greenland and Antarctica is accelerating seaward.

Non-ostriches might see something important going on there, if they live near a seacoast.

Key word is "GLOBAL." Makes it difficult for many to understand. Doesn't matter (necessarily) that your country/state/county is up/down 20 degrees. What does matter is the difference of the integral of surface temp over time and ENTIRE surface of the planet for sufficiently long period of time, from some previous period.

The Okefenokee may be cooling (or not) but the region of the boreal forests, including Alaska Sarah, is warming and the permafrost is thawing. Meanwhile, the ice cover of Greenland and Antarctica is accelerating seaward.

Non-ostriches might see something important going on there, if they live near a seacoast.

Other than move away from the sea, what would you suggest?

SEND THE PROPHET AL ALL YOUR WORLDLY GOODS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Al_Gore.jpg

Does'nt matter what man thinks or does,we are nothing more than a flea on a dog.If the earth decides to shake us off it will.Whether the planet is cooling or warming we did'nt cause it and we can't change it.Man does'nt decide these things,the sun and planet does.
On topic,its cooler here than average this winter,the summer was a little hotter.
Global whatever is a scam.

So did I but I knew that it would instantly turn into politics. Didn't you?

Harry K

No, I'm not much of a thread predicter.
I remember back in 1982 that we where getting 40$ a pickup load of oak, split delivered and stacked.Now we get between 65$ and 75$ for the same load.I don't remember exactly but gas was 80 something cents a gal. and a Homelite xl cost, well, not that much.Now gas is 4$ plus a gal.a decent saw is over 500$ and a splitter, over a thousand for low end.
Now comes along some dimwit dingbat dumbdumb and says"global warming" and gets the whole world's bowels in an uproar.It reminds me of the y2k bug, and the bird flu, and mad cow disease, and swine flu and SAARs.All of these things where real, but they where blown all out of proportion.
I hope it does get cooler, but since it's almost spring here in Louisiana it's most likely going to warm up.That means I'll have to load up my truck with small bundles, put a" firewood" sign on my tailgate and go hang out at the lakeside campgrounds and sell to the campers when the fish quit biting.

That's what Al Gore says. Send him some more money. He's only up to about a billion.

Local weatherman: (n.) A person who steals money by convincing a television station or network that his guess is worth something.

Then Al Gore would make an excellent weather man!And I agree with the OP it might be a good idea to have an extra cord of firewood on hand, seasoned and ready to go.

Other than move away from the sea, what would you suggest?

Makes it difficult if I have to tell you that, eh?
Maybe something like:
Acknowledge that there is a GLOBAL problem.
Attempt to determine the causes that we can deal with.
Deal with them.

We should get past political tantrums.

The awkward facts show he is right about the warming. Argue all you want about what is causing it but only a fool will deny it is happening.

Harry K

It depends on who's facts that you read. I for one am not fool enough to trust any of their so called facts. There is way too much politics involved.

The earth warms and cools in cycles with some being more severe and longer than others. What's happening globally right now I don't know for sure. I can only tell you about what happens in my neck of the woods and that doesn't mean much when you take the whole world into account.

I never blindly follow.

Last edited:
Makes it difficult if I have to tell you that, eh?
Maybe something like:
Acknowledge that there is a GLOBAL problem.
Attempt to determine the causes that we can deal with.
Deal with them.

We should get past political tantrums.

I acknowledge that there is a global problem.Has been since Adam ate the apple.
The cause is sin, the way to deal with it is through Jesus Christ.
I haven't thrown any tantrums, political or otherwise in over 30 years.
What does any of this have to do with storing a little more firewood?

It depends on who's facts that you read. I for one am not fool enough to trust any of their so called facts. There is way too much politics involved.

The earth warms and cools in cycles with some being more severe and longer than others. What's happening globally right now I don't know for sure. I can only tell you about what happens in my neck of the woods and that doesn't mean much when you take the whole world into account.

I never blindly follow.

Harry K. only believes awkward facts.

yep, sounds like global warming to me..
:crazy1:

i was actually being sarcastic. but hey, if thats what it takes to get y'all to participate then great..
and yes i will be putting up five years worth this year..:clap:
i see some dont have a sense of humor...thats sad..

The awkward facts show he is right about the warming. Argue all you want about what iscausing it but only a fool will deny it is happening.

Harry K

In an interview with BBC last Feb. 13th ( 2010 ) Phil Jones, the head of the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia and the person responsible for all the " science " behind the myth of man made global warming, admitted the earth is warming at the same rate as it has since the end of the little ice age ( 1850 ) and that in fact global temperatures have been cooling from January 2002 intil present ( Feb. 2010 )

Originally Posted by danrclem
That's what Al Gore says. Send him some more money. He's only up to about a billion.

Originally posted by Harry K
The awkward facts show he is right about the warming. Argue all you want about what iscausing it but only a fool will deny it is happening
Harry K

Originally Posted by redheadwoodshed
Harry K only believes awkward facts

If I ever get that stupid some1 please knock me in the head.

Ypu guys really love getting your noses rubbed in them don't you :msp_laugh:

Harry K

Last edited:
The thing about being awkward is you can't stand up very well.

I have 3 cords left over this year and I about to start cutting again.A neighbor of mine had a big red oak blow down that'll make a pile of wood.He doesn't have a saw and does't burn wood.

Back