Local weater man says the Earth is in a cooling phase that will last 10 to 15 years.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1. No doubt about it. Global warming has struck again! :msp_laugh:

My opinion as of this recent earthquake should be considered a very good indication that the planet is in fact warming, this i need no further proof. The Japanese are not without their wits, this recent catastrophe is an accident waiting to happen and all nuclear reactors should be waterproof. But the weather man is just our voice is he not? Maybe we should smarten up and start cleaning up the messes we made.

ok keep reading them journals then, but its very evident to me there is a warming of the planet. your not a bad person to seek the undisputed truth, not at all IMO.
Planet X approaches

I wonder how much the poles are shifting have anything to do with the weather.

I also heard somewhere...that There's money to be made in selling carbon credits and that O'bama owns part of the co. that sells these credits...

poles shifting~ better to live each day as if it was our last then spend anymore time worryin over where santa hides his sleigh! its definetely not gonna shift to the point where south is now north.
But hypothetically could spell some sort of disaster for some, the whole topic is so big how can anyone even pinpoint the problem?
whats for sure is there is definetely a warming overall. Thats obviously undisputable IMO.Some may say that obama is in charge and others say the sun is overall the boss. I am up for education anyday~

Interesting article in Scientific American this month about how temp increase has shifted rainfall patterns away from the equator, northward 5-10 degrees. Points to sw US getting much drier and heavier rainfall for northern climes. Well worth reading, whether you accept climate change or not.

Interesting article in Scientific American this month about how temp increase has shifted rainfall patterns away from the equator, northward 5-10 degrees. Points to sw US getting much drier and heavier rainfall for northern climes. Well worth reading, whether you accept climate change or not.

I could not be happier about that!! We could sure use more rain!

The awkward facts show he is right about the warming. Argue all you want about what iscausing it but only a fool will deny it is happening.

Harry K

What facts? You mean the ones created by people who stand to profit from purporting a fraud? Yeah those are the people I trust. The latest thing is the earth is expanding and that would cause climate change but explain how man is responsible for that.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7kL7qDeI05U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
What facts? You mean the ones created by people who stand to profit from purporting a fraud? Yeah those are the people I trust. The latest thing is the earth is expanding and that would cause climate change but explain how man is responsible for that.

Do you see _anything_ in my post that says man is causing it?

Earth expanding? Got a cite for that? Not saying it isn't but I find it very unlikely.

Harry K

i am far from a scientist, but i can personally attest to the fact that every year the winters here seem to be getting shorter, milder , and less snow, each and every year, back in the 90's we used to have crazy winters where a 3+ft snow fall in 2 days wasnt rare...
in the last 10 years or so... it snows less, spring comes earlier, and the winters are just not as cold for as long of time as they used to be.. its 60+ degrees out right now and has been mild all march, 10 years ago this time in march itd be 15 degrees out with snow everywhere. why the noticeable change in climate ,, who knows.. theres no point on me tryin to make assumptions , just stating the facts,thats really all i can say about that..
its a shame how many people turn this topic into a political one

Last edited:
i didnt even hear what the weather man said with my own ears...
just gonna trust the op that it was actually said!

The earth warming and cooling is not new, or news! It has cycled since time began. We had ice ages occur long ago, and I am sure man was not the cause of any of the ice ages.
So now they say man is speeding it up. In the grand scheme of things, I am sure man's foot on the gas pedal so to speak, is not going to have much affect on the outcome. So, we shorten it by a few hundred years. Wow! I'm sure THAT'S gonna make a difference! It might to THIS particular brand of humans, but not to Earth.
Just my opinion.
Ted

Latest posts

Back