Log splitter pics what's yours look like?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heres mine

i realy should put better wheels and tires.
attachment.php
attachment.php

You can ride it to the job site.

You can ride or drive our Splitter to the job also. Had it out a few times last year, waiting for the pile to shrink. It started out with an old beam, and a Northern Kit. All fabricated by my Father in Law. Basically hands free splitting at its finest.

splitter2_400.jpg

splitter5_400.jpg

splitter6_400.jpg

backhoe_1.jpg

backhoe_13.jpg

Last edited:
Guys that are running a Skidsteer, or backhoe

Guys that are running a Skidsteer, or backhoe how much fuel do you go through? Do you think you go through more than a say... an 8-12 hp engine?

Pictures of my first and last splitters

These are some scanned in pictures of my very first splitter/wood processor. This thing could keep 5 men busy! (3 on the saw rig and 2 on the splitter.) The whole thing was run by a 4 cylinder combine engine with a Vickers vane pump off the front pulley and a triple v belt ran the saw.

splitter1-1.jpg

Splitter11.jpg

These are pictures of our present splitter.
splitter12.jpg
In the vertical position. That is my eldest behind the beam.

splitter8.jpg
Here it is resting after a hard day's work.

splitter1.jpg
Part of the "mechanics".

Heres my Baby. American CLS AM25HH, 8HP Honda Gx and a 16 gallon tank. I have only put about a cord of wood through her so far, but that is all about to change in a couple more weeks. I have been just cutting this winter and really didn't want to run it in the cold weather we normally get. Once we start getting into 30 degree days and up I will begin splitting again.

Maplemeister: :cheers::chainsaw::cheers:

Here's mine. Took a couple of days to get it done. I should have patented it but a guy from timberwolf saw a pic of it and they are making the same model now.:givebeer:

AMERICAN CLS AM25HH LOG SPLITTER

LogSplitter12-28-07027.jpg

LogSplitter12-28-07004.jpg

WhatIdidthisweekend005.jpg

WhatIdidthisweekend003A.jpg

New wood shed going up..

WoodShedConstruction083.jpg

:cheers:

Last edited:
split, nice splitter, nice wood pile, and what about that little bass boat, do you get out much?

Not as much as I would like to.. If I ever get all my projects around the house done..(yeah right) maybe I could get out there more than I do.

The motorcycle has been calling me too.. Can never seem to get enough riding in...

Just did the electrical on the wood shed today. :givebeer:

Seeing all those mauls and sledges brings back a memory about my father. He would take a 10 lb. sledge by the end of the handle, hold it at arms lenght and slowly bring the head down and touch his nose and take it back vertical.

split, northeast, ct . do you ever ride up to the back door?

I live only a couple miles from the door.. used to hang out there all the time quite a while ago. Was one of my regular haunts.

The place gets hundreds of bikes on a sunday during the summer.. you can hear all the harleys coming and going from my house. :)

I haven't taken mine there as I gave up the bars years ago. :cheers:

Do you ride?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back