Logging Arch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEK VT

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
WELL spring is here... even having logging dreams... had a night mare actully. In my dream I just got a new saw and was so excited to use it i dident mix the gas..... lol luckly only a dream any way I am planning to build a logging arch for my Polaris sportsman atv... what have you guys build for homade logging arches and low impact logging soloutions?

Last edited:
I am looking forward to seeing the answers to this. Are you considering full suspension or just the butt end?

Future Forestry Products Inc. has a atv arch in production that we use at work on the back of our Polaris 500's. It works great. We tried the Arch that forestry suppliers has and it is JUNK. If you are looking to buy one, this is the best we've found.
The Company is out of Willamina Oregon.
www.futureforestry.com

Log Rite out of Tolland, CT sells em. My understanding is that some guy invented em, then went bust.

If you've got the welding skills and the metal laying around making your own log arch is a good way to save alot of cash.
Here is one my neighbor made and I borrow quite often.

It's good features:
Same width as ATV
Light enough to unhitch and wheel over logs manually
Winch to lift logs.
Can lift almost 4' back from front of log so most of the weight is on the wheels.
It handled a 1400lb stick of Oak with no problems:D
It cost about $250 for the hitch, pulleys, cable, and to get the back tubes bent, Dave did the rest himself.

Bad features:
Its stored at Dave's house...:laugh:

The chain shown isn't really necessary but I used it to place more weight on the ATV hitch, I like to get some of the logs weight onto the drive wheels.
The log on their is about 18" in diameter for scale.

Ian

Back