Logging pictures of my father and me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
martin -

I love that Stihl fuel can, with the scrench & file holder! It's even better than the Husky can, which itself is a whole better than we can get here in the States.

I want one, but the government won't let me buy one! :censored: :angry2:

-=[ Grant ]=-

martin -

I love that Stihl fuel can, with the scrench & file holder! It's even better than the Husky can, which itself is a whole better than we can get here in the States.

-=[ Grant ]=-

I have two of those cans and I would not sell them for the world!!!!!!! But I never knew it was the government holding them back.

I hate Martin showing off the clothes. Bibbed chaps mostly. You cannot get them in the USA and mine are getting on 15 years and are in terrible shape.

Not Kentucky but is Oregon spelled the saim in German as it is in english? I told you it was a stupid question but I have learned alot asking them, I think you can also see on one of the bars it says made in Germany [cant tell for sure], I would think it would say Deutschland? It doesnt matter I was just curious. I never claimed to be a smart man......

LOL

Oregon is a proper noun of course it is spelled that way. Almost everything made in Germany that has a slim chance of being exported says "Made in Germany"

Martin. Thanks for sharing the nice pics!!

If you really want to impress the boys in the US take some pictures of the branch collecting and grinding.

nice set up yall got their. whats the model number on the IH tractor? has the IH style fenders but the rims, front grille and add-on cab look "modernized" for when IH was still IH, not case IH.

I find it very interesting how the forest floor is so clean and not hardly a single branch on the ground in some pics...why is this?

Very nice pictures. I lived there 90-94 when I was in the army. 2 years or so in Ansbach and the rest of the time in Wiesbaden. Those houses in the background bring back memories. Typical German style. I too brought back a "souvenir" but the warranty expired 4 years later and I sent it back. Funny thing, I'm still paying for it. :confused:

Ian

Martin, for some reason Oregon bars and chain seem to be held in much higher regard in Germany, than they are in the US and Canada - do you have any idea why?

Personally, I regard the Oregon stuff as perfectly OK, but still prefere the Stihl stuff, when given the choise......:confused:

Last edited:
I find it very interesting how the forest floor is so clean and not hardly a single branch on the ground in some pics...why is this?

On the private forests they are pretty much all clean like that dense population with few forests. A farmer with 10 acres of forest is a big shot.

Plus the branches and such are chopped up and burned along with the firewood. If the farmer that owned the land did not pick up the branches then someone near buy with a chip burner (best I can translate) would do it for him for free.

But this all came about from the beetle problem and it is a terrible one. So less on the ground for the beatle to eat the better.

If you look at the trees with blue X's on them those are trees that the local forestmeister most likely marked for Martin and his family to take down as they were infested with the beatles. They will walk through your woods and mark the trees then give you a call to let you know.

Where did you get them? Please, please tell me - must have the precioussssss! :dizzy: :)

-=[ Grant ]=-

I got them in this country called Germany from a Stihl dealer. :)

It is a Stihl product but none of the dealers can get them over in the USA.

Now that gas is at $3+ per gallon they are almost worth their weight in gold as it is almost impossible to spill gas with them.

I can get you these gas/oil cans if you pay for shipping, no problem.

The spruces weren't infected by beetles, there were too much on one place, so we had to take some out. But in years before (I also posted pictures of that) we had beetle problems.

Saw Troll, I also more like original Stihl bars and chains, they have a better quality than Oregon has.

Goatchin, the IHC is a German made (Neuss am Rhein) model 833. I don't think it ever was exported to the United States.

martin -

-=[ Grant ]=-

Why don't you see if one of the German members will send you one?

I splitted wood on Friday with a hydraulic wood splitter:

110408-1.jpg

110408-2.jpg

Here are some new pictures from firewood i Cut yesterday! I used Dolmar PS 7900 20" and Stihl MS 361 16". It was ash, oak, beach and maple wood. Most had a diameter between 20" and 30" (50 and 70 cm).

My two saws:

100_3573.jpg

100_3574.jpg

And the wood:

100_3572.jpg

100_3575.jpg

100_3576.jpg

Wow

A little over two months ago I posted about gas being $3. What the hell happened since?

Here are some new pictures from firewood i Cut yesterday! I used Dolmar PS 7900 20" and Stihl MS 361 16". It was ash, oak, beach and maple wood. Most had a diameter between 20" and 30" (50 and 70 cm).

My two saws:

Nice pictures Martin. All that hardwood and no chance of selling it off?? Too bad.

I can sell it now! The wood I posted pictures previous in this thread I have all sold. Since oil prices raise, the people want more wood in Germany. I have a waiting list of wood buyers, them I will offer this wood after it's splitted.

Here gas is 1,53 Euro today, that are 2,37 US $. Diesel is just one cent cheaper. :dizzy:

Back