Logging pictures of my father and me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hallo Martin,

Hast Du einen deiner anderen Spielzeuge, äähhh Werkzeige verkauft dafür?

Schön mal wieder von Dir zu lesen.

that is one clean tractor for a 2003 model. it looks like youll be the one to have to finish breaking it in. it has not got the new tractor smell wore off of it yet.

Martin, very nice set up! I see that the loader is plumbed for some additional attachments. Do you have a grapple of some sorts for it? The Tajfun winch (pronounced typhoon) looks really nice. I know that they made some units with a radio remote control. Would be nice to be able to walk the trees back to the tractor, especially if the pull would happen to get hung up on something that you might not be able to see from back at the tractor. Otherwise you would have to stop, walk back to the problem, re-rig the pull, walk back to the tractor, start the pull again, stop, walk back & re-rig again....... A lot of wasted time. Also much safer should the winch line break. (The screens around a winch are there to help guard the operator, especially if he is operating the winch from up in the tractor seat.)

+1 That is a beautiful tractor!
What is up with the tags on it, do you have to register them to use on the road?

In Europe, tractors are usually driven to the work site, unlike here,in the US, where a tractor would normally be trailered instead. Notice the serious looking fenders on the front tires. The tractors in Europe also have a different gear box which enables the tractors to be driven at a much greater road speed than over here. European road worthy tractors may be equipped with brake lights. I presume that there are a lot less agriculturally induced traffic jambs than what you can expect to encounter here, when a farmer is heading down the road oblivious to the parade of vehicles that he is leading. My Kubota will do 16 MPH, 17 if going down hill. ;)

Martin, I was going to mention that I had bought some 2X4's from Lowe's, which is Home Depot's biggest competitor here. (Lowe's & Home Depot are the 2 largest combination building supply & home improvement stores here in the US.) I was surprised to find that the country of origin was Germany. They were nice, and were a slightly whiter color than a pine 2X4. The knots that were present were much smaller than those normally found in domestic wood. Would have thought that it would have been more cost effective to source them either from the US or Canada.

Martin, I was going to mention that I had bought some 2X4's from Lowe's, which is Home Depot's biggest competitor here. (Lowe's & Home Depot are the 2 largest combination building supply & home improvement stores here in the US.) I was surprised to find that the country of origin was Germany. They were nice, and were a slightly whiter color than a pine 2X4. The knots that were present were much smaller than those normally found in domestic wood. Would have thought that it would have been more cost effective to source them either from the US or Canada.

Everything made in Germany is higher quality.

Hello,

thank you all for the answers! ;)

We need licence plates in Germany for all vehicles that use a road: cars, motorcycles, trucks and also tractors.

Yes I sold most of my vintage chainsaws (about 20 are left) and my John Deere 830.

The new tractor has a high speed gear and goes 40 km per hour.

Hello,

thank you all for the answers! ;)

We need licence plates in Germany for all vehicles that use a road: cars, motorcycles, trucks and also tractors.

Yes I sold most of my vintage chainsaws (about 20 are left) and my John Deere 830.

The new tractor has a high speed gear and goes 40 km per hour.

That is about 24 mph. That is a pretty good road gear but I moved a late model John Deere for a friend a few months ago and it had similar top speed. Do you get much wheel hop at that speed?
All we have to have here on an agriculture tractor is a slow moving vehicle triangle.
once again it is a beautiful machine.
What does it weigh and how much power and what kind of transmission? I would assume 4 and 4 forward gears does it have a torque converter?

It's an even nicer tractor when you stop to consider the fact that it's built by, LAMBORGHINI!
Yes, That Lamborghini! If I remember correctly that's where they got their start, before the days of making super exotic cars.

Check it out here. http://www.lamborghini-tractors.com/UNITEDKINGDOM/en-GB/homeuk.html

Congratulations on the new tractor Martin, and thanks again for all the awesome pictures!

Murf

Last week we started logging in a forest that is on a strong hill. This will be work for many further days!

03012011605.jpg

Myself with a big spruce we felled:

03012011602.jpg

03012011603.jpg

The new Same Tractor made good work:

05012011612.jpg

04012011611.jpg

04012011606.jpg

05012011616.jpg

german machinery

Martin, that tractor sure is alot nicer than the Eifel Cadilacs I remember seeing back in the 60's. They did have their side saddle seats for Mama and the kids though. I think they were Duetz. My how the times have changed except for the fact that the Germans keep their woods real nice. They were always a joy to walk through.

Great pics, impressive beech we don't have any of that around here. Wish my old man was still here to work with, of course he'd just complain about how sore his butt was getting from sitting on a stump:laugh:

Martin,

Another great series of photographs showing equipment at work. It appears that the new tractor is set up for your needs. Those logs look to be laser straight with very few limbs and knots.

Gary

Back