Looking for an older and unique project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aawwww man!!!

I want a 041s super sooo bad !!!!:cry: ever since my buddy bought one with 26" stihl bar.....perfect bablance..pick it up and doesn't pivot in your hand,,sounds awesome,,and is a super..torque monster!!!:dizzy: .he letme run it once..i didn't give it back the rest of the day...it's almost to nice to use(almost)origonal everything and manual with it...sigh...

ohh yeah..GREAT FIND!!!!!!!

My BIL's only saw is a 041FB that his Dad got new. He still cuts with it regularly. I've always thought it would be neat to get one for myself. And why not go for the gusto and get a Super? How would this saw compare to a 044 in RPMs and torque?

The deal has been made. He even has the original manual. All it needs is a coil, per the dealers diagnosis. It went out a couple years ago and he needed a saw right away and bought a 046. This saw has been setting since then. It will take me all of 3 1/2 miles off the interstate when I go up to visit my inlaws in Findlay.

The deal has been made. He even has the original manual. All it needs is a coil, per the dealers diagnosis. It went out a couple years ago and he needed a saw right away and bought a 046. This saw has been setting since then. It will take me all of 3 1/2 miles off the interstate when I go up to visit my inlaws in Findlay.

Good score. I'd bet that it will suprise you once you get it running right. I was looking for one for nostalgia but after I got it and used it I found myself using it more often. Good luck finding and restoring a 2100 homie, that would be a worse financial proposition than your nos 084. I have been on the lookout for one thet was merely "mechanically solid" with no intentions of doing a gonzo purty resto like your stuff and they are still cost prohibitive.

Good score. I'd bet that it will suprise you once you get it running right. I was looking for one for nostalgia but after I got it and used it I found myself using it more often. Good luck finding and restoring a 2100 homie, that would be a worse financial proposition than your nos 084. I have been on the lookout for one thet was merely "mechanically solid" with no intentions of doing a gonzo purty resto like your stuff and they are still cost prohibitive.

That big ol' American magnesium is turning into gold...

all Supers were electronic.

Get a guarantee when you buy a used 041 ignition module. I have about 20 that are dead, or only work for a few minutes..... and many floating around on ebay are likely not much better.

Latest posts

Back