Looking for an older and unique project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Brad......Never mind about the old worthless junk. How about redoing something that's worth something. The one on the right.

125mac001.jpg

Dennis,

If Brad is not interested in teh Mac I am. Just let me know. I have a V12 ready here.

Bill

Other Committments / Cry

What'd you let it get away for?

Well I thought i had a reasonable show.My max was $560.Thought a snipe of an extra $140 ( I think) would of snagged it.Plus you guys know how it is, other commitments.If i could of stretched my pocket any more I would have gone $750.
The guy who got it would be wrapped.Read the buyers feedback / he's been doing the 84 thing ,with 090's.
One thing you can be sure of, they'll be another LIGHTENING cab, come along ,
WhEELEN AN DEALAN - LOVE IT especially when it saws.

Av U ripped into your new troops / 030( nice) 07s ( nice) YET

Am home doing up the shed as Stihl tech(gold) workshop,over the top ,but why not ? Tree jobs every other day.Getting ready for a hard case of milling.Pretty bad case of AS & CS fever @ the moment .:dizzy:

Lakes has been quiet - WONDER WHAT THAT YOUNG LADS BEEN UP TOO ???? :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
The muffler on that lightning is not original and belongs probably to a 08S.
furthermore, the 090 designation is not correct either. The contra is only 106 cc. I am shocked by the price it went for... but I like the original manual that came with it though.

Did notice the muff cover did'nt have the ribbing.Exactly which model is it ?
Was that a bad price where you are -what do they go for there ? :)

Last edited:
So basically we've got Contras and 090s. Lightenings are the same as Contras? Are the 137cc models more desireable? That would be a Contra S or GS, or 090/090AV. Looks like Contras are about 10 years older and have the large metal plate on the engine shroud. I've never been able to get all the models straight in my mind.

Lightning same as Contra. Replaced in product lineup with model 070
106 cc (6.47 cu. in.)

Lightning S 137 ccm (8.36 cu. in.)

Latest posts

Back