Looking for an older and unique project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tig, Mill, Lathe.......One thing leads to another! :cheers:

250pipe022.jpg

Nice creation!! :clap:

How about gluing stretched panty hose over the filter I have? I'd have to see if gasoline would disolve it first. Can you believe $22 for a little old filter. I guess that's what NLA parts will do. USED. NEW Those filters are only about 2"x3".

How about gluing stretched panty hose over the filter I have? I'd have to see if gasoline would disolve it first. Can you believe $22 for a little old filter. I guess that's what NLA parts will do. USED. NEW Those filters are only about 2"x3".
Does the old 020 saws and the 015's use the same filter? If so, I have a few 020 filters. If it will work, you can have one. I hate to see you ruin a good pair of your panty hose...Sorry I couldn't help myself, but the offer stands on the filter.

Last edited:
Does the old 020 saws and the 015's use the same filter? If so, I have a few 020 filters. If it will work, you can have one. I hate to see you ruin a good pair of your panty hose...Sorry I couldn't help myself, but the offer stands on the filter.

They're similiar, but different. Thanks anyway. I appreciate it.

Last edited:
You should see what UPS charges for border fees to Canada. I ordered $45 worth of parts from the U.S.A. and got charged $40 by UPS for fees above shipping costs!!!!
I explained to the delivery man he would be the last brown truck in my yard!!!!
So I use the post office.

Use USPS Priority Mail International , have the person shipping it to keep the value of the item modest and a 30 lb saw ships for around $50. and if the value is under $50. there is seldom any tax or duty charged. Pioneerguy600

Here's the little 015 I gave $40 for. It's a shame all the paint's off the filter cover. I still need a air filter and front hand guard, as well as the two AV mounts. They're not totally shot, but could stand replacing. The P&C look excellent. It's really a pretty clean old saw. Compression is 147 cold and 10 less when hot. It runs good.
254601887_8wR3q-M.jpg

The front reservoir was replaced with one from a 015 L and the handle was cut off. I took a die grinder and cleaned up the cut a lot.
254601767_bV4ys-M.jpg

254601865_QLRgv-M.jpg

254601781_7rA7e-M.jpg

Ok if you keep an eye on ebay you should be able to find those couple parts pretty cheap or else a complete part saw.

I dug through my stuff and the only thing I have is a NOS trigger handle for your saw. If you pay shipping its all yours ;).

Just got back from a 4 day course so I missed this whole thread.

blsnelling, Did you get your 08s? I'd definatly be interested in watching one of your detailed rebuilds on one.

My dad has had an 08s for the last 30 years or so lol. It was actually the first saw I have ever used. They are heavy, slow, underpowered, etc. compared to modern saws, but extremely dependable. They are also the same powerplant that was used in the TS350 concrete saw so you are able to scrounge parts from them also.

X2 to everything he said. Also the 08s was the first saw I was allowed to try under close watch of my father, when I was about 11 or so. He still has it and once in a great while he will run her a little blocking some wood just to hear her run again. It definatly has a great sound and you can tell if he's running that out in the yard or one of his 034's

Now I have an 08s that I havent had time to get running yet, this one was my grandfathers. And when I get chance to put a carb kit in it I will give her some exercise once in awhile too.

This thread sure has expanded my collection. I'll be recieving an incredibly clean 030 AV in a couple days. An 08S is headed this way with a couple Remington Mighty Mite Bantam project saws thrown in for filler material. And finally, I'm still working on aquiring an 07S. I guess I better be careful before I ask for something. You just might get what you asked for and more. Guess I won't be getting bored for a while:clap:

Hi again Brad i think i have come up with a solution to you getting a lathe, milling machine etc
Fit a webcam in your garage and start charging us guys $29.99 a month!:cheers:

This thread sure has expanded my collection. I'll be recieving an incredibly clean 030 AV in a couple days. An 08S is headed this way with a couple Remington Mighty Mite Bantam project saws thrown in for filler material. And finally, I'm still working on aquiring an 07S. I guess I better be careful before I ask for something. You just might get what you asked for and more. Guess I won't be getting bored for a while:clap:

Brad,

I thought about offereing you a Contra/Lighting but it appers you are busy now.

Bill

Latest posts

Back