Looking for replacement bar for Dolmar 421

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddogrunner

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I had a dumb attack this past weekend and left my saw in a cut, tree fell and mucked up the factory bar. I have been tooling around Amazon and some other sites but I haven't found anything to my liking. Any recommendations on a more professional grade replacement? Oregon has lots of choices, but I am not sure what the Intenze system is or the 91 chains are. My local guy makes Carlton chains for me. Just looking for some guidance from those who have been there already. Thanks!

I run Oregon Power match bars on all my saws...replaceable nose...they last a long time...

I didn't even know what that "Intenze system" was, I looked it up...looks like just a waste of money, plus extra parts to break...don't know why anyone would need a tensioner on the bar when the saw already has one...its a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Do you have to run Oregon chain on them? I'd rather have more choice than not. Trying to find which bars are compatible is a bit time intensive for sure!

Factory on those was usually 16" - 3/8 LP................. Are you running .325 chain or 3/8 LP?

3/8 LP.
Intersting enough 421 factory in Europe is the 325
If you stick with the 3/8 set up, it seems you are limited on bar choices. Oregon has the double guard (pointy nose) or the pro-lite/pro 91 with the more rounded nose which I prefer. Look it up by searching Oregon 160SPEA041.

If you switch over to .325 there are a few more options. Left Coast Supplies has a nice GB on sale now for $18 and it is a pro bar with replacable tip.............http://leftcoastsupplies.com/product/16-gb-pro-top-bar-325-050-2/. I have run a Dolmar 420 with 16" .325 bar and they rip pretty well.
An Oregon Pro-bar (Powermatch) with replacable tip would be 160RNBK041 in .325
A pro-lite option would be 160SLGK041 in .325

T677ml3-x total 2 bar. $16.95 and has a larger radius tip. I like them better than the Oregon double guard bars. Holding up great from what I can see so I think they will outlast the double guard as well

T677ml3-x total 2 bar. $16.95 and has a larger radius tip. I like them better than the Oregon double guard bars. Holding up great from what I can see so I think they will outlast the double guard as well

If you live close enough to vist fordf150's shop, I wouldn't search any farther. Take a cold day off, head over to his shop with your saw, and take his recommendation. My experience with through the mail has been excellent. I wish I was close enough for face-to-face.

I may have to make a trip up there very soon. I live in Otsego, New Concord, Norwich-ish.

Back