Looking for Stihl 028 wood boss parts!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STIHL-KID

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just picked up a ragged Stihl 028WB power head. The starter recoil spring is broken and the pull rope is pulled all the way out. I was able to turn the piston over freely by rotating the flywheel. What kind of compression should the 028 have? The most frustrating part about the saw is lots of missing hardware. Several screws are missing..........where can I get replacement screws? I need screws for the handle bar, starter side cover, and top plastic cover. I also noticed that the saw handle/tank body is very whobbley. Are there rubber mounts on the main body housing? I really need an illustrated parts breakdown to figure out what I'm missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
STIHL-KID

to run at all, you will want to see over 110Psi (poor) 150+ is good. as for the screws and bits like that, you might try giving Dean a call at Washington Hot Saws. heck he might even have it all.

Any compression less than 130 and I'd be looking at the reason - new rings at least... Make sure you use the correct compression tester (has a valve in the tip that screws into the plug hole). I emailed you on the IPL etc.

Thanks

I will check the compression as soon as I get the starter pull-cord fixed. I will also post some detailed pics of the saw later on. I'm still trying to figure out what is missing from this guy.

Latest posts

Back