Looking to hire subcontractor to split firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is awesome. Subbing up.

Maybe not a consideration for you professionals, but he also doesn't mention whether this wood is even seasoned enough to be burned. I would think that affects its value significantly. Since it appears he intends to sell or "donate" it in short order.

Do you think a family that is cold is going to care about if its fully seasoned or not, they will make it burn and get some comfort from it!! What is every one else doing for their Poor this winter?

acf11 -

Think you need to have a GTG with HBRN and logbutcher.
You'd have a lot of valuable information to share with each other.
15,000 cords ought ta keep ya busy.

Maybe put together some tips and video of techniques and report back to the rest of us.

:laugh: laugh:

Sorry I wasnt here to defend myself today, I was working like everyone else was suposed to be! Winters coming, I hope you have enough nuts stored away for the long cold winter!

I guess I am confused. You have 500-1000 cords of wood and you are going pay someone to process it all and then give it all away? Who is going to pay for all of this? Your business model is unlike any I have seen, but perhaps there is a different stimulus plan operating in New York.

If you think it is economically viable to send containers of wood to China for processing you are fairly well removed from reality. At this point I think your only hope is to have Hillbillyrednec come east with his sock covered saw and video camera.

I guess I am confused. You have 500-1000 cords of wood and you are going pay someone to process it all and then give it all away? Who is going to pay for all of this? Your business model is unlike any I have seen, but perhaps there is a different stimulus plan operating in New York.

If you think it is economically viable to send containers of wood to China for processing you are fairly well removed from reality. At this point I think your only hope is to have Hillbillyrednec come east with his sock covered saw and video camera.

I was being sarcastic about outsourcing, but every container leaving the USA that is heading back to China or any other Asian port is going empty, the freight to china is less than sending a truck 400 miles over the road here in the states. Fright coming back is $2600 for A 45 high cube! to almost any US port!

What's that? I never got the sock mod memo. Do we really need to see a video or is it one of those hands-on kinda things?

Regarding exporting the wood, I favour the far cheaper method of shipping illegals from Mexico to the wood. It's the golden rule of making money: exploit twice, cut once.

Do you think a family that is cold is going to care about if its fully seasoned or not, they will make it burn and get some comfort from it!! What is every one else doing for their Poor this winter?

Here you go, read up on this one, as I mentioned before: http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/170526.htm There are many other people on this site that help on an individual basis as well. Once again, I will ask what charitable organization you are working with? I'd be willing to bet that a bunch of the NYCSM would be willing to donate time IF it's a worthy and verifiable project. Otherwise drop the do-gooder attitude.

Here you go, read up on this one, as I mentioned before: http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/170526.htm There are many other people on this site that help on an individual basis as well. Once again, I will ask what charitable organization you are working with? I'd be willing to bet that a bunch of the NYCSM would be willing to donate time IF it's a worthy and verifiable project. Otherwise drop the do-gooder attitude.

Catholic Charities!

That's a start. Now we need a local contact and some information on you to verify everything is on the up and up.

Im not asking for anything for free, Im willing to pay a fair wage to get it done, and so far its been more of a bother than its worth, send some one over and check out my operation if you think its a scam, all i have been doing is defending myself on this site for the past 3 days, for what? I will puchase 2 ms660 tomorrow and a modest wood processor, find 2 or 3 out of work tree guys that will apreciate the work, I will get it done anyway!! When I find some one to process the wood it will be available for donating!!

This is going to get nominated for thread of the year for sure!
Now, the OP needs to be a LOT more forthright with things, lots of smoke and mirrors going on here Bill Clinton! YES! A BJ is sexual relations! Don't blow smoke up my butt, and I wont do the same, OK?
You want someone to plant better than $200k worth of equipment and split your wood, but don't want to give a real number, then can tell us what a profit there is to be made?
How about this, I keep my equipment, my people and get my own damn wood and don't have to split any profits with you? Seems I'm taking all the risk and paying everything out of my pocket so you can get a profit? Is this wrong?
Now if you are legit, and I HIGHLY doubt you are, and really are going to donate wood, I'd bet people would be beating down your door to help you split and deliver wood to the needy and wouldn't ask for a damn thing!
But as it stands, I think you know you stepped in it and came up with that story to cover your butt.

This is going to get nominated for thread of the year for sure!
Now, the OP needs to be a LOT more forthright with things, lots of smoke and mirrors going on here Bill Clinton! YES! A BJ is sexual relations! Don't blow smoke up my butt, and I wont do the same, OK?
You want someone to plant better than $200k worth of equipment and split your wood, but don't want to give a real number, then can tell us what a profit there is to be made?
How about this, I keep my equipment, my people and get my own damn wood and don't have to split any profits with you? Seems I'm taking all the risk and paying everything out of my pocket so you can get a profit? Is this wrong?
Now if you are legit, and I HIGHLY doubt you are, and really are going to donate wood, I'd bet people would be beating down your door to help you split and deliver wood to the needy and wouldn't ask for a damn thing!
But as it stands, I think you know you stepped in it and came up with that story to cover your butt.

Make me an offer I will say yes or no! I will be paying between $40.-$45. per cord, I'll sell enough of the wood to cover what I laid out, the rest is to be donated! there is no scam here, just trying to help some people out! you people are just killing the spirit of giving!

Again, if you are going to donate, list the charity and the amount of wood and I'm sure someone will gladly show up and do it for nothing other than to help the cause.
As for the profit margin and the deal you want to make, I don't see you getting any takers. I'm not trying to be nasty but really think about it. Someone is set up and ready to run with all this equipment and people, why are they going to drop everything they have going on in their established business to come do this for you for less profit than they make without you getting a cut? Why cut my own throat and piss off regular long time customers in a business I've established to go work for you for less money and risk losing that?
This is what most are having a problem with, you have no risk or investment, but want someone that has made a huge investment to drop everything pack up and set up shop on your land. It's a lot to ask of someone.
Charity is one thing, but I don't think you will be able to pull someone with the equipment away from an established business during their money season!

Again, if you are going to donate, list the charity and the amount of wood and I'm sure someone will gladly show up and do it for nothing other than to help the cause.
As for the profit margin and the deal you want to make, I don't see you getting any takers. I'm not trying to be nasty but really think about it. Someone is set up and ready to run with all this equipment and people, why are they going to drop everything they have going on in their established business to come do this for you for less profit than they make without you getting a cut? Why cut my own throat and piss off regular long time customers in a business I've established to go work for you for less money and risk losing that?
This is what most are having a problem with, you have no risk or investment, but want someone that has made a huge investment to drop everything pack up and set up shop on your land. It's a lot to ask of someone.
Charity is one thing, but I don't think you will be able to pull someone with the equipment away from an established business during their money season!

I did list the charity, Catholic charities, Most likely I will be working through the diocese of Rockville Center,
Again I was looking for some one who needed the work and some extra money i their pocket!!
Most of the firewood guys have been splitting all season and have a large stockpile rt now!

They might care when they have a chimney fire brought on by green unseasoned wood that you gave them and maybe they sue. Oh, and I work in a soup kitchen on Wednesdays.

Exactly & just the very reason I would want $200 an hr...............I saw where someone said they would do it for $100 hr "jump on it" they said.....................Well, take all your stuff down to this guys site, set up & start running....Im sure getting everything there wont take too long from outta state???? Give it hell, spend a fortune & make this boy some profit!!!

Funny how his math showed what he would profit..............& then all of a sudden Bam......its for charity??? Really? & then he lists Catholic Charities, Um...wanna provide some contact info? If this is some blowhard way of getting site pitty & to gain labor through some kind hearted sucker for a good cause so you can make money ...deal?. you might wanna rethink stating Catholic Charitiess as who it is for................they can be pretty tough on protecting their name, cause & false claims such as yours!

So who might one call to verify such a noble & mean well effort over at the church? please provide this & we`ll find out what your past charitably efforts were & if you have a history of such................cause if this is ya first attempt, Im not sold on ya!!!

LXT................

I read it all and it seems to me like a legitimate deal might have been offered. I would like to see who gets paid $200 per hour for a saw, splitter(not a processor) , man, fuel, oil whatever, that I would call BS. I have tons of equipment and I would jump at $100 per hour to run any of it. I don't have a processor but I would like to talk to the guy who is getting paid $200 per hour for his, I would buy one the next day.

Well here he is....Jump @ 100hr? Im not using no lowes splitter!............well you wanted to talk to me?

LXT.............

Exactly & just the very reason I would want $200 an hr...............I saw where someone said they would do it for $100 hr "jump on it" they said.....................Well, take all your stuff down to this guys site, set up & start running....Im sure getting everything there wont take too long from outta state???? Give it hell, spend a fortune & make this boy some profit!!!

Funny how his math showed what he would profit..............& then all of a sudden Bam......its for charity??? Really? & then he lists Catholic Charities, Um...wanna provide some contact info? If this is some blowhard way of getting site pitty & to gain labor through some kind hearted sucker for a good cause so you can make money ...deal?. you might wanna rethink stating Catholic Charitiess as who it is for................they can be pretty tough on protecting their name, cause & false claims such as yours!

So who might one call to verify such a noble & mean well effort over at the church? please provide this & we`ll find out what your past charitably efforts were & if you have a history of such................cause if this is ya first attempt, Im not sold on ya!!!

LXT................[/QUOTE
I never stated a profit, I was simply demonstrating what it would cost me as a business person to perform the task, never did I say what I would sell the wood for. Again if your making $200.00 per hour shouldn't you be at work by now? If you publish your real name, company name and Phone number, I will call you with a contact with the dioceses. Just so we can see who is bull ####ting who. I want the name of your employer'(s) who your getting paid $200.00 per hour for splitting firewood! You have called me out for the past 3 or 4 days, lets see you put up, I have given you enough to start doing some checking. your nothing but a bully, now its time for you to show us who you really are.
The only thing you ever did was ask me for was $200.00 per hour and never told me how many cords you can produce per hour. If you had a processor, you should have told me the make and model and year of the equipment, maybe your worth $200. per hour if you can produce big numbers, four to five plus cords per hour! I have bin very profesional up to this point, If my mathi is flawed in any way that I calculated how much this should cost to run this job or how much a certain wood processor can produce, prove it, im hear listening. I ofered $20,000 to do the job wich is $40.00 per cord. If you think its not for you than say that! Again, if you want more information about me, my business or charitable givings, you have to publish all of your info first!
When verified I will give you whatever you need to check me out!

LXT................

I don't understand why your so obsessed about who is making a profit. this is a simple business transaction. I used to be a building contractor, I would hire subcontractors all the time to perform certain jobs, never did a contractor worry about whether or not I was going to make a profit! We never turned to him and asked him to give us money back if we lost money. this is just simple business. By the way your so unfamiliar with the word, you misspelled charities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back