Looking to purchase a chainsaw in the near future for cutting firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parts for the husky's here on general are more expensive here compared to stihl.that was a nice score you got. The oleo Mac's are fully underestimated but are getting popular here as they seem to hold up well
I service kit for a commercial concern trying to make a few bob we have 3 full time fallers with a choice of 10 assorted size saws 2 with the most hours on are traded every 2 years & I try to keep them up together so we get the best allowance against a new saw parts were we are (Stihl)are the most expensive of all brands overall & we have had less problems with Husky in terms of replacement parts+ the fallers are happier with them To me a single saw brand is never the be all to end all they all have good & less good models I am a fan of the pre Efco Oleo Macs & prof model Alpina's for my own use i always buy "kaput" units & fix up my latest "find was 4 various badged 244F's Oleo Macs /Vap44F for 20€'s a total spend of 57€'s& I have 3 running/cutting saws & 1 for parts I have a guy coming tomorrow to look & chose one for 50€'s for me they are the dog's dodahs for fire wood cutting light lively with muffler mod A/V & very limited plastic wise but each to his own

Latest posts

Back