lowes has quart cans of 4 cycle true fuel for $1.72

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tru fuel $5.33 for the 40 to 1 110oz cans, if you bought 4 min. $1.79 for the quart regular gas.
They had the vp racing 40/50 to 1 quart cans for $1.79 too. None of the trufuel 50 to 1 fuel or 110oz regular gas was on sale.
The oldest date code I found was produced in July of 23, newest was just a few weeks ago.
No one at lowes seemed to know why they were discounted. The manager I spoke with said they were being sold at a loss.
Some local fuel prices for comparison.
100LL is $7.00 gal at Regal airport.
E-free 90 @ sheetz in Lebanon is $4.24 gal.
E-10 93 is $4.14 gal.
E-10 89 is $3.84 gal.

Not running 30 minute away for e-free fuel that's going to be used up in a few weeks. No real benefit for long term storage of e-free. It's still regular gas, which goes bad fast.
Which leaves canned gas, and avgas. Besides price is stupid for Avgas I won't run a leaded fuel, for reasons that should obvious. Which leaves canned gas. This is a great deal for all the equipment I winterize for other besides my personal equipment thats just run seasonally.

Attachments

• 20231227_121413.jpg
    20231227_121413.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Tru fuel $5.33 for the 40 to 1 110oz cans, if you bought 4 min. $1.79 for the quart regular gas.
They had the vp racing 40/50 to 1 quart cans for $1.79 too. None of the trufuel 50 to 1 fuel or 110oz regular gas was on sale.
The oldest date code I found was produced in July of 23, newest was just a few weeks ago.
No one at lowes seemed to know why they were discounted. The manager I spoke with said they were being sold at a loss.
Some local fuel prices for comparison.
100LL is $7.00 gal at Regal airport.
E-free 90 @ sheetz in Lebanon is $4.24 gal.
E-10 93 is $4.14 gal.
E-10 89 is $3.84 gal.

Not running 30 minute away for e-free fuel that's going to be used up in a few weeks. No real benefit for long term storage of e-free. It's still regular gas, which goes bad fast.
Which leaves canned gas, and avgas. Besides price is stupid for Avgas I won't run a leaded fuel, for reasons that should obvious. Which leaves canned gas. This is a great deal for all the equipment I winterize for other besides my personal equipment thats just run seasonally.
I just bought some at Loews and might be going to a different Loews tomorrow. Has anyone ran this fuel in their saw yet ?

I just bought some at Loews and might be going to a different Loews tomorrow. Has anyone ran this fuel in their saw yet ?
Anything I work on leaves my place with the 40 to 1 or a quart of the regular gas in it. Run it through my saws if they are going to be sitting for any amount of time. Burns clean, supposedly an fd rated oil is used in the mixed fuel.

All I ran for years. Some folks reported problems with some batches, but I've had no issues. Saw cold starts the same whether it's been sitting a year, or sitting overnight. I only started mixing my own again since getting my thirsty 500i.

TruSouth makes their own oil, JASO FD per link in my signature.

1703718632108.png

It is indeed an assumption, with all that goes along with it, but I'm assuming they use their own oil in their fuel mix. From the bottom of the TruFuel website:

1703718689121.png

That stuff burns the hell out of my eyes for one, and I ain't liking the idea of breathing it in. I basically stopped using it is now I was putting it in all the stuff in the winter because of low or no use. I noticed some saws would not hold idle with it unless tuned .
Try running the alcohol that we ran in the stock cars. That stuff was nasty on the eyes especially in the shop when it -10F outside and is all closed up.

I picked up a 6 gallons of the tru fuel 40:1 @ just under 6 bucks a jug and 20 of the 1 qt straight gas cans @ 1.72 a bottle. Never ran canned fuel before, so I’ll see how it does this summer in my 2 cycle Lawnboys. All the date codes were less than 6 months old except for one jug of the 40:1 which was from march of 22, so I’ll be sure to use that one first.

Yesterday I went to Lowes and bought all but the last two bottles (I bought 8) . I would have bought them all but I make it a policy to never take the last ones of anything. Somebody right behind me grabbed the last two. And while I was in the aisle a guy was buying the quart Husqvarna cans at full price. While I was starting to leave I had the pleasure of giving him a couple of cans out if my shopping cart and he was really happy. Karma works.

Yesterday I went to Lowes and bought all but the last two bottles (I bought 8) . I would have bought them all but I make it a policy to never take the last ones of anything. Somebody right behind me grabbed the last two. And while I was in the aisle a guy was buying the quart Husqvarna cans at full price. While I was starting to leave I had the pleasure of giving him a couple of cans out if my shopping cart and he was really happy. Karma works.
Good one brother, I love hearing stuff like this.

I picked up a 6 gallons of the tru fuel 40:1 @ just under 6 bucks a jug and 20 of the 1 qt straight gas cans @ 1.72 a bottle. Never ran canned fuel before, so I’ll see how it does this summer in my 2 cycle Lawnboys. All the date codes were less than 6 months old except for one jug of the 40:1 which was from march of 22, so I’ll be sure to use that one first.
Supposedly an unopened can is good for 5 years.
https://trufuel50.com/why-trufuel/#...ion gasoline that,more than 5 years unopened.

Darn the thread title had me excited. Best deal here is $3.07/qt for the 4stroke, $10.77/110oz for the 40:1. No sales at all in the store across town. I would say it's regional prices but you guys are scattered around pretty good.

Back