lowes has quart cans of 4 cycle true fuel for $1.72

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not surprised, I passed this along to the guys in my 1/5 scale rc forum and they all said about the same thing, those that waited ended up not getting any.
I am happy I got what I did because Ethanol gas really sucks. Yesterday I had to vacuum a gallon of water out of the bottom of the tank in my mason dump chip truck it was pure water, unbelievable!!!!!!! All the canned gas will be for saws ,weedwackers, blowers etc.

Interesting, around here the ethanol gas prevents the buildup of water, as long as the vehicle is run regularly and fresh fuel is added. The water binds to the ethanol and gets burned with the rest of the fuel, as long as it's not so much water that it makes the water/ethanol mix drop out of suspension. At that point it's been sitting a lot longer than it should have, or there's rain leaking into the fuel tank.

I used to chuckle at my dad adding a 12oz bottle of fuel line antifreeze(just alcohol) to his fuel tank. Right, the 10% alcohol that was already there wasn't enough, but the 10.02% after he added his bottle would be.

Interesting, around here the ethanol gas prevents the buildup of water, as long as the vehicle is run regularly and fresh fuel is added. The water binds to the ethanol and gets burned with the rest of the fuel, as long as it's not so much water that it makes the water/ethanol mix drop out of suspension. At that point it's been sitting a lot longer than it should have, or there's rain leaking into the fuel tank.

I used to chuckle at my dad adding a 12oz bottle of fuel line antifreeze(just alcohol) to his fuel tank. Right, the 10% alcohol that was already there wasn't enough, but the 10.02% after he added his bottle would be.
Yeah, this truck sits doing nothing all year, it's still real annoying !

Ethanol is used as "dry gas". The problem is once it absorbs enough water it phase seperates.

Here is what junk came out of the tank on my truck. The oil at the top is from the oil catch pan I used but pure water came out.View attachment 1140534
I install underground fuel tanks. You’d be amazed at how many tank samples look like that. We just had a diesel tank with 4” of water in it. Submersible is 5” off the bottom.

Lowe's Home Improvement is transitioning from TruFuel to VP Fuel. Some stores have TruFuel on sale to get rid of it.
The vp quarts were on the same sale price as the trufuel at my lowes. They didn't have gallons of vp. Still doesn't explain why the 50 to 1 and regular gas gallons weren't on sale, or why the store manager told me they had another shipment of trufuel on the way.

Picked up 27 quarts of the 4 cycle TruFuel and a couple of gallons of 40:1 for $5.92 / gallon. Going to have to figure out the dilution with the 4 cycle stuff to get 50:1. Most of the other Lowes stores still had the 4 cycle stuff at regular price. Maybe the 4 cycle quarts don't sell that well compared to the gallon containers. Figure a quart goes pretty fast in a saw or blower so why would most people not buy a gallon for the $ savings.

Picked up 27 quarts of the 4 cycle TruFuel and a couple of gallons of 40:1 for $5.92 / gallon. Going to have to figure out the dilution with the 4 cycle stuff to get 50:1. Most of the other Lowes stores still had the 4 cycle stuff at regular price. Maybe the 4 cycle quarts don't sell that well compared to the gallon containers. Figure a quart goes pretty fast in a saw or blower so why would most people not buy a gallon for the $ savings.
You're talking 0.4% more oil in 40 to 1 then 50 to 1. It's a minor tweak to the jet settings, I wouldn't be worried about trying to dilute it to 50 to 1.(2% oil for 50 to 1, 2.4% for 40 to 1)

I have seen a lot of 40:1 gallons out there for $5.92. One thing I did notice that the gallon containers are only 110 oz versus 128oz so you actually get less that a gallon so four quarts are nearly the same price since the quart containers actually have 32 oz.
Also at one Lowes store there was one can of 4 cycle that was only filled half way up. May have been a return that some one used half of it. I weighed all my cans and they all ranged around 29.4 oz.

I have seen a lot of 40:1 gallons out there for $5.92. One thing I did notice that the gallon containers are only 110 oz versus 128oz so you actually get less that a gallon so four quarts are nearly the same price since the quart containers actually have 32 oz.
Also at one Lowes store there was one can of 4 cycle that was only filled half way up. May have been a return that some one used half of it. I weighed all my cans and they all ranged around 29.4 oz.
They knock 10% off for 4+ "gallon" cans which make them a few teths of a cent cheaper per oz then the quart cans.

Back