Mac 1-52

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The walls are thinner than normal and longer. They have to fit down into a recess in the cover.

brad what model is this nut go too ? ? and if i can get the serial # also i can look at the part # on the parts list and i will let you know if i happen to have the orignal bar nuts

also i have rk88hl carb kits if anyone ever needs any

Maybe....

Brad,

The bar nuts are standard 3/8-24, longer nuts can be found if you search around. I found some last February in Saskatoon, SK while visiting customers in the area. If you really can't find any let me know as I am sure I have a few left over.

The clutch/crankshaft nut PN is 103746, I just checked found the clutch nut is 3/8-24 RH (Ny-lok) one of the saws I have on the shelf. I guess these do not need LH threads since the clutch is keyed to the shaft.

Sounds like you need to make contact with a local branch of Fastenal, what they don't have they can order for you.

Mark

Last edited:
I just checked found the clutch nut is 3/8-24 RH (Ny-lok) one of the saws I have on the shelf. I guess these do not need LH threads since the clutch is keyed to the shaft.

Do I really need slapped that hard? I'm going to have to go have a look see. I just took it forgranted that it was a LH thread after working on so many Stihls.

BTW, I just went out in the garage and it fired up cold in just a few pulls. It's definately fixed.

Not that hard...

Brad, I won't slap you. If I got slapped in the head every time I made an assumption, I would even less hearing and more bruises that I have now.

If if make you feel any better, McCullochs with the threaded clutch (clutch spider threaded) are all left hand thread in my experience to date.

I was only home for one day in the past week + so I had to spend a few minutes in the shop and squirted a little prime in the 650, just enough to fire and run for a few seconds. Can't wait to get the proper bar/chain fit to this one and run it a bit.

attachment.php

Mark

It's magic

Brad, you can be careful when setting up photo's and make most saws look better that they really are.

I am sure (and thankful as well) that they don't make saws like that anymore.

Alpinecrick, I get kits for my McCulloch carburetors from Bob Johnson (Bob's Lawnmower, Maryland, NY) and Tillotson HL kits from NPA Distributors or any competent shop/dealer/supplier.

Try NPA Dist for the Walbro if you can't find it elsewhere.

Mark

I finally got the clutch for the 450 crankshaft and the 1-52 is nearly ready to cut wood. Are keys standardized in size? The slot in the crank measures .132" x .350". Of course, Mark, the crank is RH 3/8x24 threaded:). I love the stamped logo in the bar. I've got one Stihl bar with the stamped logo on my S-10. I still need a grommet to go around the carb needles.

425249411_vm3VT-M.jpg
425249465_d5ZQE-M.jpg

425249642_XusXe-M.jpg
425249582_AWpyW-M.jpg

425249626_r8TWt-M.jpg
425249464_p7mY3-M.jpg

I am really jealous of that round muffler in great condition.

Anyone out there with parts saws equipped with a round muffler in good condition, let me know. I can help you gain a little $$ for Christmas shopping.

Mark

Do you want one just like that one Mark? I have a whole box of Mac mufflers, probably 40 total. You're certainly welcome to one.

Latest posts

Back