Mac hotsaw in progress

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOBRDGO

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello guys I'm new to the forum. I recently purchased a super 44 for a "hot scooter" project, a 1-42, and two D-44's to build one good one. I also bought a mac 101 to build a hotsaw with. I would like to compete in northern Cali, and the southwest. If you know of any newbie pitfalls to look out for I would really appreciate the head's up. Jared

Welcome to this forum Jared, there's not that many Mc Men left as this forum runs on Stihl and Huskie fumes read as sickening to us Mc Fellas if you do a search on hotsaws it's amazing what you might find.

Anyway enjoy yourself it's great to see another Mc Man amongst us, even if we are all choking on the fumes. Cough cough.

Mc Bob.

Welcome to the forum.I'm somewhat of A Mac man,as I have several.Watch that saw racing crowd in northern California,They're somewhat of a lively bunch,perhaps you already know. ;)

Al Smith said:
Welcome to the forum.I'm somewhat of A Mac man,as I have several.Watch that saw racing crowd in northern California,They're somewhat of a lively bunch,perhaps you already know. ;)
Hey Al what are you saying :p I know we have a bad rep for being a little bit on the wild and rude side but we are all stuck in Northern california what else is there to do

welcome jared.....keep us up to date with how your going with your 101,,be keen to see how you progress.........oh,,,and pics man,,pics ;)..

That is a peppy McCulloch ole Tommy boy has there.If I were to guess that thing is faster than my 125's by a factor of about 3.Just shows to go you the old Macs,in the right hands,still got it. :)

Bob with his Mac. I also like Mac Daddy's mac with the stacks.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Thanks alot for the warm welcome. When I receive the engine from ebay I will post pics and share some chassis options with the board members. Mike Rupley was kind enough to share some future meet dates and locations and I plan to show up with or without a saw to take notes and meet people. I may show up with a "training wheels" saw just to gain the experience. Thanks again Jared Plourde

You might want to put the 101 in the 1-42. I found it is easier to cut the airbox apart on that style saw than it would be to cut the tank on the super 44 type saw. You need to do the cutting if you want to use the kart intake.

My 1-42 's supposed to be a solid runner. I may have to dig up a junk 1-42 or I may take the time to hack up the 44 if at all possible, that one's for parts anyway. I can't wait to get the saws!! Thanks so much for the help.

Last edited:
saw pics how to post???

Sorry to ask but I don't know how to post pics. I have something that looks like a start and would like to share.

oregon native

I'm interested in the sp 125 stuff, I can call you on my dime or email me.

Are you going to put a V12 manifold on with dual carbs.Here's a setup that was on ebay about 2 weeks ago. I wonder who the winner was. :cool:

attachment.php

Last edited:
Thanks for the hook up Bob, That carb setup looks expensive, may be cheaper for me to fab the manifold than to buy. Is it necessary to make the saw work? I'm broke for now so I'm in no hurry to find a setup like that. Maybe in the future though if they reakky are the cat's ass. jared

I may be mistaken,but I don't think most places allow you to dual carb the saws.I would think one of those Tilley HR's and a petal reed set up would be quite a hand full .Then again,I'm not a racer. :)

Latest posts

Back