Mac hotsaw in progress

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ozflea said:
Well Al i would imagine the SP125 would perform quite well using the Kart intake manifold and reed assy along with the BDC carby but the <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=fuel%20tank" onmouseover="window.status='fuel tank'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">fuel tank</a> assy for the SP125 would have to go then you would have to fabricate a new fuel tank and handle assy.

The BDC would certainly improve the breathing capacity of the engine but the SP125 doesn't have the same porting as the 101 therefore would not deliver the same performance.

The 3 of my hotsaws run BDC's but as a minimum are Kart engines utilizing the 91b/1, the 101, 92. At this stage my 91b/1 has delivered the goods and even knocked off the 101's.

Anyway Jared it's your choice what you run as far as carb's are required i suppose it depends on just how fast you wish you want to be.

Mc Bob.
Hey Bob look at post #6 on Mac Attack thats a 101aa in a 125 frame with a v12 reed and a BDC carb

attachment_3421.php

attachment_3422.php

Another good cylinder wrecked whose port job, our Mc's owners have found that unless you do the ports properly the rest just really is neally a waste of time.

Thank goodness but it spared a Mc.

Mc Bob.

ozflea said:
Another good cylinder wrecked whose port job, our Mc's owners have found that unless you do the ports properly the rest just really is neally a waste of time.

Thank goodness but it spared a Mc.

Mc Bob.

Don't make me laugh. Maybe you better look again. That saw was ported by none other than Ken Dunn. Ken's work is flawless. Do a search for KDhotsaw he's a member on the AS.

Don't take me wrong Marky and i hope i didn't offend Ken's work if i did then i apologise, but with Mc's read as the 101. 92, 91b/1, we just lead the ports as we found at the end of the day all the work involved grinding metal out of the walls of the cylinder or boring extra port holes in them only weakens them and allows distortion making a cylinder weak and prone to hot spots.

On my hotsaws only the ports have been lead for gas flow as we found Mc had already done a great deal of work that often was undone by grinding more than what was needed from flow areas. But my comments come from Kart engines and man have we seen some weird and wild stuff from them guys.

My Engines were built by Darcy Peck and if i took the intake manifold off you would be looking hard to see excessive relieving of the internals just the ports timed and lead.

My Mc 91b/1 won the Australian National Kart series and goes extremely hard.

This is the Engine fitted to my hotsaw but even my 101 and 92 look similier in the port area with very little modding done except leading the ports and lifting them just a tad on one side.

Mc Bob.

what model saw is that MM? i learned a hell of alot about fuel ratios from reading KD's posts on the subject. he knows his sh*t from what i have seen on here. after i read it a few times, it made sense! i now use 32:1 in ALL my saws. i am heavy on the throttle sometimes and that extra oil helps out. i try to change out crank seals ahead of time if i use the hell out of a saw now.. my 036 is about due for them (5 years and most ive done is change filters)
before i started reading here.. i didnt maintain my saws nearly enough.. now its changed to obsessive maintenence.. i hope thats a good thing! lol.

Latest posts

Back