Major Announcement: MAC IS BACK!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Men, I'm so excited, I can hardly type this. I'm on some streak here for the month of June as far as new models go. We had the interesting 372 X-Torq, and the spectacular 560XP.

And now, we have the return of an American icon. The first in a new line of saws that will stand the saw market on it's head! Words simply can't begin to describe the excitement that I felt upon opening the box.

Gentlemen, I now have sitting on my counter, the new 42cc, strato charged McCulloch MC4218AV. That's right, the first Strato-Mac!

OK, I'll wait a minute and give any of you that may have fainted time to recover. There, are you OK now?

Pics? Of course I took pics. And as is usually the case, you'll have to wait til weimedog or Mikefunaro post them later tonight. haha! But you can still grab a quick look by going to www.mccullochpower.com . The saw has kind of a "wild" look to it. (Get it? LOL)

OK, I'll almost get serious now. What is obviously going on here is that Husky dealers are able to order some of the Poulan Pro products in McCulloch garb. I know that to you real Mac fans, this is down right sinful. Not to mention all of the jokes we'll hear from the Husky bashers. But, this stuff is far better than the recent Chinese junk that MTD or whoever was bringing in under the Mac name. At least this stuff is made in the good old USA.

The retail on this saw is only $169, and it actually comes with a case. (That normally sells for $40 just by itself.) Took the thing apart and discovered that we can do "reversable" muffler mods on it. You can do a mod by taking a couple of parts out of it, which can be re-installed later. Pretty cool actually.

So, this will be my entry in any upcoming wildthing races. I'm all ready for weimedogs Jonsered/Craftsman hybrid. Bring it on boys. :bringit:

Ooohhh oohhh!!!

I have a few cool late model Mac/poulan/j-red/ bla bla's too!!!:rolleyes:

show and tell:monkey::

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

and

one

more:

attachment.php

oh, wait.

that last one doesn't belong :clap:

hehehe

seriously though, it would be interesting to see what happens, or how they do..

or even better:

when they put a

395 and a 3120 motor in a Mcculloch...

or,

they start making the 123cc motor again in a saw.. :D

...... OK, I'll almost get serious now. What is obviously going on here is that Husky dealers are able to order some of the Poulan Pro products in McCulloch garb. I know that to you real Mac fans, this is down right sinful. Not to mention all of the jokes we'll hear from the Husky bashers. But, this stuff is far better than the recent Chinese junk that MTD or whoever was bringing in under the Mac name. At least this stuff is made in the good old USA.

Spike,

So, the Huksy bashers will bash, but the homeowner Stihl basher (AKA ST) will not?

Wonder why?

joat

Spike,

So, the Huksy bashers will bash, but the homeowner Stihl basher (AKA ST) will not?

Wonder why?

joat

Well Father Joat; you'll have to ask him that yourself. I recently wrote a nice post in defense of the much too picked on MS260 over on the Husky 353 thread.

Personally, I think we should all have a little fun with this thread. It's kind of made for bashing. It would be nice if we could get past the first page without a real argument.

Well Father Joat; you'll have to ask him that yourself. I recently wrote a nice post in defense of the much too picked on MS260 over on the Husky 353 thread.

Personally, I think we should all have a little fun with this thread. It's kind of made for bashing. It would be nice if we could get past the first page without a real argument.

Spike,

Well, I apologize for picking your thread to make a point. Most of the Husky crowd love to bash the homeowner Stihls, in particular the 290/310/390 series current, past and future. I don't see the Stihl crowd knocking the homeowner Husky models ad infinitum.

BTW, what was the point of this thread? Did you expect adulation and highly profitable sales from those old Mac diehards just waiting for a new homeowner Mac? You seemed to indicate that you expected Husky bashers to respond in a negative way, no?

May your basket overflow with Mac sales,

joat

Spike,

Well, I apologize for picking your thread to make a point. Most of the Husky crowd love to bash the homeowner Stihls, in particular the 290/310/390 series current, past and future. I don't see the Stihl crowd knocking the homeowner Husky models ad infinitum.

BTW, what was the point of this thread? Did you expect adulation and highly profitable sales from those old Mac diehards just waiting for a new homeowner Mac? You seemed to indicate that you expected Husky bashers to respond in a negative way, no?

May your basket overflow with Mac sales,

joat

Come on Joat, you gotta loosen up a bit. I'm making fun of the saw myself. The whole point of the thread is that it's a goof. Have some fun with it.

Maybe a rebadged, different color plastic PP4218

At least they are supposed to have Durachrome cylinder, my older
PP260 does, not sure about the Wild Thingy's.
I had a bud show up last year with a new Craftsman that size.
He said they were better saws than Poulans. I looked at it &
laughed, it looked like a Wild Thing with J-Red color plastic.

I looked at the MAC site, the picture didn't show what
kind of chain adjust, maybe they are available with lateral screw
adjustment.

Come on Joat, you gotta loosen up a bit. I'm making fun of the saw myself. The whole point of the thread is that it's a goof. Have some fun with it.

Spike,

10-4.

You know, ST hasn't had an AS battle in a while and I know everyone was going easy on him due to his mysterious absence. I wanted to "get him back in the saddle" again.

Busted,

joat

Spike,

10-4.

You know, ST hasn't had an AS battle in a while and I know everyone was going easy on him due to his mysterious absence. I wanted to "get him back in the saddle" again.

Busted,

joat

Hey, if he wants to dump on Stihl then he deserves to get smacked around a little bit.

BTW, I wasn't planning on selling these things. I don't even sell the 235/240 Huskys.

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

ANTIDOTE, ANTIDOTE!

attachment.php

Breathe...

Okay.

Husky has a "golden" opportunity to DO something with that brand. The question is when!?!

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

ANTIDOTE, ANTIDOTE!

attachment.php

Breathe...

Okay.

Husky has a "golden" opportunity to DO something with that brand. The question is when!?!

CPR,

They need to leave the old, proud Mac name alone. Reminds me of Willie Mays trying to play ball when he was 50.

joat

At least they are supposed to have Durachrome cylinder, my older
PP260 does, not sure about the Wild Thingy's.
I had a bud show up last year with a new Craftsman that size.
He said they were better saws than Poulans. I looked at it &
laughed, it looked like a Wild Thing with J-Red color plastic.

I looked at the MAC site, the picture didn't show what
kind of chain adjust, maybe they are available with lateral screw
adjustment.

Chain adjust is forward facing in the side cover like most of the Poulan stuff.

I'm kind of curious as to how this cheapo-strato is going to run. Going to wait and put on a loop of non-saftey 3/8 LP on there, do the muffler mod and get ready for the "Wild Thing Fling".

spike did you order one just for fun or are you actually going to stock them?

I just ordered one as a goof. I've been telling the NYCSM boys that I had a new in the box McCulloch coming, and they were thinking I found some interesting NOS item somewhere. But we're cooking up some kind of Wild Thing race and this is what I'm going to bring.

I don't have any intention to stock these things. It puts me at a price point that I don't really care about, and like I said, I don't even sell the 200 series Huskys that these things are related to. A 435 recon @ $200 is a better deal for the customer than either the 200 Huskys or these Macs.

It's not a bad looking saw, and for $169.............but I've never liked the way the Poulan stuff runs, and they have never been all that easy to work on. The only thing that could change my mind is if the new strato design results in a better running saw. So, if I start to like this thing, you never know. I could get $169 for it without the case, which would be for sale over with the rest of the accesories. LOL

Back