Major Announcement: MAC IS BACK!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for dumping on your thread Spike. Not sure if you thought anything more than dump would come out of a thread introducing a new mac saw but sorry none the less.:D

Men, I'm so excited, I can hardly type this. I'm on some streak here for the month of June as far as new models go. We had the interesting 372 X-Torq, and the spectacular 560XP.

And now, we have the return of an American icon. The first in a new line of saws that will stand the saw market on it's head! Words simply can't begin to describe the excitement that I felt upon opening the box.

Gentlemen, I now have sitting on my counter, the new 42cc, strato charged McCulloch MC4218AV. That's right, the first Strato-Mac!

OK, I'll wait a minute and give any of you that may have fainted time to recover. There, are you OK now?

Pics? Of course I took pics. And as is usually the case, you'll have to wait til weimedog or Mikefunaro post them later tonight. haha! But you can still grab a quick look by going to www.mccullochpower.com . The saw has kind of a "wild" look to it. (Get it? LOL)

OK, I'll almost get serious now. What is obviously going on here is that Husky dealers are able to order some of the Poulan Pro products in McCulloch garb. I know that to you real Mac fans, this is down right sinful. Not to mention all of the jokes we'll hear from the Husky bashers. But, this stuff is far better than the recent Chinese junk that MTD or whoever was bringing in under the Mac name. At least this stuff is made in the good old USA.

The retail on this saw is only $169, and it actually comes with a case. (That normally sells for $40 just by itself.) Took the thing apart and discovered that we can do "reversable" muffler mods on it. You can do a mod by taking a couple of parts out of it, which can be re-installed later. Pretty cool actually.

So, this will be my entry in any upcoming wildthing races. I'm all ready for weimedogs Jonsered/Craftsman hybrid. Bring it on boys. :bringit:

hey spike sorry i bombarded in your thread like i did anyway im glad to hear it is usa branded and not overseas even though it does look like the poulan wildthing but i still say the quality is much better than chinese made stuff

the good thing is it falls under the same family as poulan in which if you typed in 28570 in the dealer locater you will find i need to get poulan to change my phone # no wonder im not getting any calls has the old # still listed

i want to thank you for showing this it helped me find a issue with my ad on the poulan dealer finder

Goodbye

A game of PUI last night guys, got into the 'net fight a little more than needed. Dang Coors Light, good stuff!!

Anyway, didn't think I needed to be called a fool but it ain't the first or the last. If that is the worse of my problems, I'll celebrate being a fool.:D I will say no of this banter goes on at the GTGs. Any saw that looks intresting, I'll kindly ask to run it, no matter the color. I sway towards Stihl but seeing some other brands that could put my #### in the dirt when built right has opened my eyes some. Steve had a big Poulan that will run with a 440 and 7900 all day, not bad for such an old saw.

I can't talk too much smack, Joat's 346, 357 and 7900 put a smile on me just about as big as a Stihl. Can't wait to run the 3120.:rock: I will have to build a 880 after that.:hmm3grin2orange:

Brian,

It seems that you are the scape goat for the threads that turn into brand wars. Others contribute to this, but they are not called names. You are a class act.

I wish you all well.

I remain,

joat

Brian,

It seems that you are the scape goat for the threads that turn into brand wars. Others contribute to this, but they are not called names. You are a class act.

I wish you all well.

I remain,

joat

Sticks and stones Joat. I slept lastnight and should tonight. Where lies a Stihl bashin', 2K will give a thrashin'.:laugh:

Looking forward to the next GTG!!:cheers:

Sorry for dumping on your thread Spike. Not sure if you thought anything more than dump would come out of a thread introducing a new mac saw but sorry none the less.:D

Everything's cool Brian. I guess your Coors Light and my short fuse just kind of collided in the intersection there. I did kind of over do it there myself, so I'm sorry it got out of hand. (80% of my penalty minutes in hockey over the years have been retaliatory in nature :givebeer:)

You're right also about none of this crap taking place at the GTG's. (Thank God) Like you, I'm more interested in trying different saws at those events. I don't want to go to those things and run other peoples 346's and 372's when I have a half dozen of each.

The thought behind the "Major Announcement" was of course that it was kind of a joke. I was making fun of the saw myself. I hope that nobody thought that I was really excited about that thing. :dizzy:

Maybe some day we'll get to have a couple of cold ones together. :)

No prob Spike. I stick up for Stihl just as you and Troll wave the husky flag. Fact is Stihl is at the top, the numbers don't lie. You took a crack at Stihl's homeowner saws and I fired back. Take a look at all the 017, 018 , 021, 023 and 025s out there. Not to mention the flippy cap 210, 230 and 250s still being used and abused. If I'm such a pest, just don't read my posts. Makes no difference to me.:D

I don't wave any brands flag in the same way as you wave the Stihl flag, except when it obviously is just for fun! :greenchainsaw:

I don't wave any brands flag in the same way as you wave the Stihl flag, except when it obviously is just for fun! :greenchainsaw:

But one lesson we all learned here is that it's not always easy to tell when it's "obviously just for fun".

No problem here with the flag waving either; it's the burning of the other guy's flag that causes the hard feelings. We should all bear that in mind.

Video...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Eykxhx6Y8kY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Eykxhx6Y8kY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Latest posts

Back