Major Announcement: MAC IS BACK!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I did say that and then I also said service centers.

Yeah I didnt ask about mail order saws, just parts. Thanks for coming clean on that and proving my point.

A pullon service center, LOL. A place I can pull into and get my pullon fixed.:dizzy:

No point proven other than mail order is not the way to go. The others will learn but will have to work hard to dethrone the Champ.;)

Troll, Stihl's homeowner models hold up just as well as husky's pro models. They are built tough, believe that!

That is just hilarious!

2K, I think you forgot to take your meds again. Instead, it looks like you have OD'd on that Stihl Kool-Aid that you drink all of the time.

Your above statement is so comical, that it re-enforces the point I made in the 372X-Torq thread; your posts no longer have any credibility and nobody takes you seriously anymore. You used to have some worth while things to contribute, but all you do is jump around here beating the Stihl drum. Everything about Stihl is the best; the saws, the boxes they come in, their hats and T-shirts, the toilet paper they use in Virginia Beach. Anything associated with Stihl is perfect. They are infallable; almost God like. In fact, Andreas Stihl fills in up there for God when he goes on vacation.

You could probably use a vacation yourself, because you've become little more than a pest here on AS. Seems you like to spend most of your time annoying people by posting about Stihl in threads that aren't really about Stihl at all. This thread is a perfect example: It's not about Stihl, yet you have come in here running your mouth and are now arguing with 3 or 4 of us at the same time.

Go talk to your saws................

Everything about Stihl is the best; the saws, the boxes they come in, their hats and T-shirts, the toilet paper they use in Virginia Beach. Anything associated with Stihl is perfect. They are infallable; almost God like. In fact, Andreas Stihl fills in up there for God when he goes on vacation.

:ices_rofl::ices_rofl: I bet Andreas prefers to run his diesel tractor when God is on vacation...:hmm3grin2orange:

I don't see McCulloch ever being a good company again, their name has been screwed beyond repair. Deere must not have been that bad, Stihl joined them. Any company that Stihl wants to join is going to be top notch, Stihl proved that with being #1.

.:clap:

There is some truth to this. In the Tractor world a Green Skined Tractor can command a better price than any red or blue ones. Even when they are made in the same place. Proves yet again perception is reality and a good marketing job can be more important than the product line. IBM did that for half a century. BUT when the gig started to run out in the PC world, IBM sold out to a Chinese concern (Everything from product design to patents) and now that company is a price sale...anyone know the name of the that company?

That is just hilarious!

2K, I think you forgot to take your meds again. Instead, it looks like you have OD'd on that Stihl Kool-Aid that you drink all of the time.

Your above statement is so comical, that it re-enforces the point I made in the 372X-Torq thread; your posts no longer have any credibility and nobody takes you seriously anymore. You used to have some worth while things to contribute, but all you do is jump around here beating the Stihl drum. Everything about Stihl is the best; the saws, the boxes they come in, their hats and T-shirts, the toilet paper they use in Virginia Beach. Anything associated with Stihl is perfect. They are infallable; almost God like. In fact, Andreas Stihl fills in up there for God when he goes on vacation.

You could probably use a vacation yourself, because you've become little more than a pest here on AS. Seems you like to spend most of your time annoying people by posting about Stihl in threads that aren't really about Stihl at all. This thread is a perfect example: It's not about Stihl, yet you have come in here running your mouth and are now arguing with 3 or 4 of us at the same time.

No prob Spike. I stick up for Stihl just as you and Troll wave the husky flag. Fact is Stihl is at the top, the numbers don't lie. You took a crack at Stihl's homeowner saws and I fired back. Take a look at all the 017, 018 , 021, 023 and 025s out there. Not to mention the flippy cap 210, 230 and 250s still being used and abused. If I'm such a pest, just don't read my posts. Makes no difference to me.:D

No prob Spike. I stick up for Stihl just as you and Troll wave the husky flag. Fact is Stihl is at the top, the numbers don't lie. You took a crack at Stihl's homeowner saws and I fired back. Take a look at all the 017, 018 , 021, 023 and 025s out there. Not to mention the flippy cap 210, 230 and 250s still being used and abused. If I'm such a pest, just don't read my posts. Makes no difference to me.:D

You should see someone about these hallucinations that you are having. It wasn't me that "took a crack" at Stihl's homeowner saws. One of your problems is that you are carrying on so many arguments at the same time you are losing track of who said what. Troll and I are friends, but in a recent responce to a post from Joat, I said that if he dumps on Stihl, he deserves to get smacked around a little bit. I don't dump on Stihl, but I will defend my turf from nitwits like you who jump into threads that I've started and derail them with brand ignorance.

Another problem of yours, and I'll put it in a context that even your immature mind can grasp, is that you have trouble playing with the other children in the sandbox. It's not right to call folks names here, or make accusations, without proof, but I will here and now call you a fool, and easily prove that is the case. If you can open your mind as easily as you open your mouth, you might learn something.

This is a site for people who share an interest in saws. It's kind of a social thing where we can all hang out and share that common interest. I have met a lot of good people here, and have made quite a few friends. Only about half of them, are Husky/Jonny guys. The rest favor other brands, most often Stihl. A few of them are Stihl dealers. These friendships are based on each others character, not the preferred brand of saw. We never take shots at each others brand of saw, partly out of mutual respect, but mostly because we are not close minded and ignorant like you and a few others here.

I've always said that locking oneself up with one brand means you are missing out on plenty of other good saws. But you have painted yourself into a corner with your incessant sniping at Husky, and your insane claims about Stihl's perfection, to the point that the majority of non Stihl users here think you are nothing more than a jerk. There are PLENTY of good people here, but you have foolishly decided to judge everyone based on what brand saw they run. You might be a decent guy otherwise, but if you can't expand your mind enough here to post anything more intellegent than all of your Stihl-against-the-world crap, then you'll just continue to be more and more of a joke around here. You've done this to yourself by running your mouth all the time and alienating yourself from everyone that isn't a Stihl head. Yup, you is a fool!

You should see someone about these hallucinations that you are having. It wasn't me that "took a crack" at Stihl's homeowner saws. One of your problems is that you are carrying on so many arguments at the same time you are losing track of who said what. Troll and I are friends, but in a recent responce to a post from Joat, I said that if he dumps on Stihl, he deserves to get smacked around a little bit. I don't dump on Stihl, but I will defend my turf from nitwits like you who jump into threads that I've started and derail them with brand ignorance.

Another problem of yours, and I'll put it in a context that even your immature mind can grasp, is that you have trouble playing with the other children in the sandbox. It's not right to call folks names here, or make accusations, without proof, but I will here and now call you a fool, and easily prove that is the case. If you can open your mind as easily as you open your mouth, you might learn something.

This is a site for people who share an interest in saws. It's kind of a social thing where we can all hang out and share that common interest. I have met a lot of good people here, and have made quite a few friends. Only about half of them, are Husky/Jonny guys. The rest favor other brands, most often Stihl. A few of them are Stihl dealers. These friendships are based on each others character, not the preferred brand of saw. We never take shots at each others brand of saw, partly out of mutual respect, but mostly because we are not close minded and ignorant like you and a few others here.

I've always said that locking oneself up with one brand means you are missing out on plenty of other good saws. But you have painted yourself into a corner with your incessant sniping at Husky, and your insane claims about Stihl's perfection, to the point that the majority of non Stihl users here think you are nothing more than a jerk. There are PLENTY of good people here, but you have foolishly decided to judge everyone based on what brand saw they run. You might be a decent guy otherwise, but if you can't expand your mind enough here to post anything more intellegent than all of your Stihl-against-the-world crap, then you'll just continue to be more and more of a joke around here. You've done this to yourself by running your mouth all the time and alienating yourself from everyone that isn't a Stihl head. Yup, you is a fool!

Spike,

Well ... with a personal attack like that .... you've become whom you wail against.

Look, Brian is a big boy and doesn't need me to defend him. As his friend, I will speak to his character ... it is outstanding. Brian is very knowledgeable and helpful. He is loyal to Stihl and will quickly join the fray. I honestly don't know what you expected in this thread.

Most users on AS are not the occasional type user. For the people in AS Hood, most brands work great. No real need for dealer handholding. But, when it comes to saws that are used once or twice a year, buying a Stihl and having their enourmous dealer network behind them in the USA is certainly a plus.

That little Mac you have in this thread is a probably a fine saw. Will a pro buy it? Will an ocassional user buy it? If he does, I don't think the two reputable non-Stihl dealers in my neighborhood would put them at the top of the service list. Service is an important ingrediant for the occasional user.

Now, let me mention a little trolling that goes on:

We get this:

I will try to get involved in fewer "battles" in the future - I am a bit tiered of them. :givebeer:

Then this:

I don't like to recommend a POS homeowner saw, but in this case I believe you are right!

It has a lot more power than the 260, but the quality isn't anywhere close to comparable. I never handled a 391, but it looks like it is heavier than some much better 70cc pro saws, that have a better design and a lot more power - and it sure is notisably heavier than the 390.

Bottom line is that the 260 isn't made for cutting the same wood as the 390 is. That is just a question of size - basically the 260 is a much better saw, even though it is close to Museum status. :givebeer:

Comparing them is a hopeless stunt....:rolleyes:

Wow .... the 290/310/390 is a POS.

I see them running all over my area. The fire department uses them. You see the Tom Hall 290 resurrection thread? Hard to work on, eh? A decent saw sold only when it's been started and run. Comes with a vast network of dealers. But ... it's a POS?

I now own more Husky that Stihl. Both great saws in my opinion (as is Dolmar). But when you talk occasional use, Stihl has something good going on.

Again, Spike, I ask, what did you expect in this thread?

But, what do I know?

joat

Spike,

Well ... with a personal attack like that .... you've become whom you wail against.

joat

Well, I know Spike gets pretty well along with everybody in the sandbox, but everybody has a limit as to how many BS he can take. It was about time that someone told 2K that his constant belittering of other brands than Stihl is pretty ennoying sometimes, especially when he considers other members mentally challenged if they don't agree with his opinion.
Brian may be a good sport, but he should realise people can have a different opinion than him. If he doesn't see that, then indeed he's a fool.

I'd rep Spike for the content of his post, but am short of ammo for the moment.

Well, I know Spike gets pretty well along with everybody in the sandbox, but everybody has a limit as to how many BS he can take. It was about time that someone told 2K that his constant belittering of other brands than Stihl is pretty ennoying sometimes, especially when he considers other members mentally challenged if they don't agree with his opinion.
Brian may be a good sport, but he should realise people can have a different opinion than him. If he doesn't see that, then indeed he's a fool.

I'd rep Spike for the content of his post, but am short of ammo for the moment.

I like Spike too. I'd rep him for you, but I have to wait. Heck, I have a "I :heart: Spike" bumper sticker on my SUV.

Just remember, if not for the annoying and thought provoking posts here, most of us would have abandoned this ship long ago.

Here's to Stihl :cheers:
Here's to Husky :cheers:
Here's to Mac :cheers:
Here's to Dolmar :cheers:
Here's to Spike :cheers:
Here's to Roland :cheers:
Here's to Brian :cheers:

joat

Spike,

Look, Brian is a big boy and doesn't need me to defend him. As his friend, I will speak to his character ... it is outstanding. Brian is very knowledgeable and helpful. He is loyal to Stihl and will quickly join the fray. I honestly don't know what you expected in this thread.

Most users on AS are not the occasional type user. For the people in AS Hood, most brands work great. No real need for dealer handholding. But, when it comes to saws that are used once or twice a year, buying a Stihl and having their enourmous dealer network behind them in the USA is certainly a plus.

That little Mac you have in this thread is a probably a fine saw. Will a pro buy it? Will an ocassional user buy it? If he does, I don't think the two reputable non-Stihl dealers in my neighborhood would put them at the top of the service list. Service is an important ingrediant for the occasional user.

Now, let me mention a little trolling that goes on:

We get this:

Then this:

Wow .... the 290/310/390 is a POS.

I see them running all over my area. The fire department uses them. You see the Tom Hall 290 resurrection thread? Hard to work on, eh? A decent saw sold only when it's been started and run. Comes with a vast network of dealers. But ... it's a POS?

I now own more Husky that Stihl. Both great saws in my opinion (as is Dolmar). But when you talk occasional use, Stihl has something good going on.

Again, Spike, I ask, what did you expect in this thread?

But, what do I know?

joat

Expect? I didn't expect that you would line up as a brand guy just for the sake of arguing. This is kind of a disappointment. Is that what you think we all should do? Husky guys against the Stihl guys? That's been the main problem with this site all along. I always had much more respect for you than that.

Also, why is it that you keep hitting me with posts from Troll? I don't need to explain or defend anyones elses posts. If you have an issue with his stuff, then take it up with him. Further, I don't like either you or Brian tying me in with Troll's posts, or anyone elses, to suggest that I share the views in those posts. I can and do speak for myself.

I don't believe in dumping on a guys favorite saw, his truck, or the size of his wifes behind. Not a good way to make friends in any environment. I don't rip the Stihl saws, homeowner or otherwise. Especially the near bullet proof 290 series; they just run and run and run. I think Stihl makes a great product, and my record shows that I've been saying that for a long time. Also, Stihl as a company has done a lot for the OPE industry as a whole. I think they are a top notch outfit, and that's why they are an industry leader.

I made the post about Brian personal because he likes playing the role of trouble maker. If he's gonna do that in threads that I've started, I'm going to have at him. You seem to want to play the role of referee here, and if you want to get in the middle of it, then feel free to join in.

As for my expectations for the thread, like I said before, I've been goofing on this imitation mac myself, and I thought we could just have some fun with it. It's all kind of tied in with the Wild thing races and such. Having a few laughs with the cheap saws on the low end of the market. I wouldn't call it a fine saw though, and I don't plan to sell them. It's just another cheap saw as far as I'm concerned. I mean come on, "Major announcement"? How could anyone take that seriously? It's a Joke, Father Joat.

But the real problem here is that some people such as 2K, and my friend Troll has to be included here, just can't resist slinging mud and stiring things up. Then when it gets nasty we get all of this, "aw gee, be nice" crap. I try to ignor this stuff for the most part, but sometimes you gotta fire back, and when I do, I don't care about playing by the Marquis of Queensbury rules.

Hope we're still friends. :cheers:

Last edited:
Expect? I didn't expect that you would line up as a brand guy just for the sake of arguing. This is kind of a disappointment. Is that what you think we all should do? Husky guys against the Stihl guys? That's been the main problem with this site all along. I always had much more respect for you than that.

Also, why is it that you keep hitting me with posts from Troll? I don't need to explain or defend anyones elses posts. If you have an issue with his stuff, then take it up with him. Further, I don't like either you or Brian tying me in with Troll's posts, or anyone elses, to suggest that I share the views in those posts. I can and do speak for myself.

I don't believe in dumping on a guys favorite saw, his truck, or the size of his wifes behind. Not a good way to make friends in any environment. I don't rip the Stihl saws, homeowner or otherwise. Especially the near bullet proof 290 series; they just run and run and run. I think Stihl makes a great product, and my record shows that I've been saying that for a long time. Also, Stihl as a company has done a lot for the OPE industry as a whole. I think they are a top notch outfit, and that's why they are an industry leader.

I made the post about Brian personal because he likes playing the role of trouble maker. If he's gonna do that in threads that I've started, I'm going to have at him. You seem to want to play the role of referee here, and if you want to get in the middle of it, then feel free to join in.

As for my expectations for the thread, like I said before, I've been goofing on this imitation mac myself, and I thought we could just have some fun with it. It's all kind of tied in with the Wild thing races and such. Having a few laughs with the cheap saws on the low end of the market. I wouldn't call it a fine saw though, and I don't plan to sell them. It's just another cheap saw as far as I'm concerned.

But the real problem here is that some people such as 2K, and my friend Troll has to be included here, just can't resist slinging mud and stiring things up. Then when it gets nasty we get all of this, "aw gee, be nice" crap. I try to ignor this stuff for the most part, but sometimes you gotta fire back, and when I do, I don't care about playing by the Marquis of Queensbury rules.

Hope we're still friends. :cheers:

Spike,

Well ... that bumper sticker is still on my bumper. couldn't scatch the thing off

I will say this about AS. Many threads end up in brand battles. I've participated on several sides of these battles myself. To me, when Brian and Niko are warring about homweowner Stihl saws, there making internet sport the best they can. They days when Tommy and Brian squared off against Rope and BookerDog were entertaining. It was easy to spot from a distance, no one took it serious and there were no hard feelings at the end of the day.

What I find less than helpful are two types of threads:

1. I know what's best, so by golly, listen to me. These threads happen when someones says something like, "help me pick a new saw". There are several things that happen. Gotta be Brand ____. You need a bigger saw in case you run into a 68" DBH tree. Stock saws are for weenies, so gut the muffler and send it to B__d. A man that would be happy with a 350 Husky or a 310 Stihl is recommeded a 7900, a 390 Husky and a 660 Stihl, with woods port.

2. No stinkin' homeowner saw will do, so by golly, listen to me. These threads happen when an occasional user stumbles into AS and wants confirmation that the new $300 Stihl or Husky he's eyeing will be better than the WildThing his wife bought him 8 years ago. It usually goes like this. Gotta be a real, he man, balls-to-the-wall "pro" saw. They man is exactly what the saw engineers had in mind when they designed their homeowner/occasional use saw line. But, his $300 budget gets turned into a $700 saw real quick. Then the safety police will remind him to "chap up" and he's looking at $900.

When the newbie is told to search, he'll run into these threads. One will say something like, all Stihl homeowner saws are a POS. That will give him pause. When the search uncovers a "you date livestock if you own a Dolmar" post, most people are smart enough to know what that is all about.

I believe a lot of the banter here is good, clean fun that helps entertain when there is little else going on in AS land. Many participate and many object to this behavior. I always chuckle that many that don't want that stuff here seems to have high post counts on that type of thread. Some banter is clearly not helpful to those that come in seeking help in finding a saw.

This is not a pontification directed at others, for I have erred the most,

joat

A game of PUI last night guys, got into the 'net fight a little more than needed. Dang Coors Light, good stuff!!

Anyway, didn't think I needed to be called a fool but it ain't the first or the last. If that is the worse of my problems, I'll celebrate being a fool.:D I will say no of this banter goes on at the GTGs. Any saw that looks intresting, I'll kindly ask to run it, no matter the color. I sway towards Stihl but seeing some other brands that could put my #### in the dirt when built right has opened my eyes some. Steve had a big Poulan that will run with a 440 and 7900 all day, not bad for such an old saw.

I can't talk too much smack, Joat's 346, 357 and 7900 put a smile on me just about as big as a Stihl. Can't wait to run the 3120.:rock: I will have to build a 880 after that.:hmm3grin2orange:

A game of PUI last night guys, got into the 'net fight a little more than needed. Dang Coors Light, good stuff!!

Anyway, didn't think I needed to be called a fool but it ain't the first or the last. If that is the worse of my problems, I'll celebrate being a fool.:D I will say no of this banter goes on at the GTGs. Any saw that looks intresting, I'll kindly ask to run it, no matter the color. I sway towards Stihl but seeing some other brands that could put my #### in the dirt when built right has opened my eyes some. Steve had a big Poulan that will run with a 440 and 7900 all day, not bad for such an old saw.

I can't talk too much smack, Joat's 346, 357 and 7900 put a smile on me just about as big as a Stihl. Can't wait to run the 3120.:rock: I will have to build a 880 after that.:hmm3grin2orange:
bryan i normally dont do this ask for help financially but 70.00 in the negative can get out of hand and you should of saw me when i found out after i put in a small deposit today from a order that came in thru paypal it still is in the negative digits as im typing to you

yes i about to close my site down due to no one taking advantage of parts sales cant afford to keep it going if no one is going to order

besides i cannot take the stress have too much on me as well with the way my mom is doing

bryan i normally dont do this ask for help financially but 70.00 in the negative can get out of hand and you should of saw me when i found out after i put in a small deposit today from a order that came in thru paypal it still is in the negative digits as im typing to you

yes i about to close my site down due to no one taking advantage of parts sales cant afford to keep it going if no one is going to order

besides i cannot take the stress have too much on me as well with the way my mom is doing

I'm sending a PM Calvin.

That is just hilarious!

Too bad it won't let me rep you for this one.

Well said.

Back