Major Announcement: MAC IS BACK!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
from spike:

9XeiOl.jpg

PULL BACK TO RESET (you idiot, you shouldn't be running anything remotely this dangerous, let alone a real McCulloch).

Sweet!!!

It's about time the McCulloch name was on a decent saw!!!
I would have liked to see more of that grand old Mac yellow, but then it would have been a Poulan Pro!

Mike

PULL BACK TO RESET (you idiot, you shouldn't be running anything remotely this dangerous, let alone a real McCulloch).

The sproket cover even has a "chain" molded into it, both top and bottom to show you the proper direction so you don't put it on backwards.

Gives you an idea of the target market for these saws, huh?

Men, I'm so excited, I can hardly type this. I'm on some streak here for the month of June as far as new models go. We had the interesting 372 X-Torq, and the spectacular 560XP.

And now, we have the return of an American icon. The first in a new line of saws that will stand the saw market on it's head! Words simply can't begin to describe the excitement that I felt upon opening the box.

Gentlemen, I now have sitting on my counter, the new 42cc, strato charged McCulloch MC4218AV. That's right, the first Strato-Mac!

OK, I'll wait a minute and give any of you that may have fainted time to recover. There, are you OK now?

Pics? Of course I took pics. And as is usually the case, you'll have to wait til weimedog or Mikefunaro post them later tonight. haha! But you can still grab a quick look by going to www.mccullochpower.com . The saw has kind of a "wild" look to it. (Get it? LOL)

OK, I'll almost get serious now. What is obviously going on here is that Husky dealers are able to order some of the Poulan Pro products in McCulloch garb. I know that to you real Mac fans, this is down right sinful. Not to mention all of the jokes we'll hear from the Husky bashers. But, this stuff is far better than the recent Chinese junk that MTD or whoever was bringing in under the Mac name. At least this stuff is made in the good old USA.

The retail on this saw is only $169, and it actually comes with a case. (That normally sells for $40 just by itself.) Took the thing apart and discovered that we can do "reversable" muffler mods on it. You can do a mod by taking a couple of parts out of it, which can be re-installed later. Pretty cool actually.

So, this will be my entry in any upcoming wildthing races. I'm all ready for weimedogs Jonsered/Craftsman hybrid. Bring it on boys. :bringit:

you are excited about a strato saw??

Dude,

yo:sucks:u are a FAG!!

Spike, at least punch a hole in the exhaust! We can do the race and after our old iron puts the wood to the plastic....punch a hole in that muffler and see if it can regain some self esteem!:chainsaw:

Oh yes, it will be opened up. Two nice big holes to let it breathe. I'm not going up against your hybrid with a stock saw. :givebeer:

But, this stuff is far better than the recent Chinese junk that MTD or whoever was bringing in under the Mac name. At least this stuff is made in the good old USA.

You know what? This right here has been my thinking all along and I never could understand all the bashing on the consumer Poulans. Yep there not the best by any means but compared to there line of competitors there far from junk, mostly they just need a muffler mod and carb tuning to be decent. (just like the vaunted 361)

What little I have been around the imported Homelites and Macs I could not ever see why they were not the butt of all the jokes. To me they are the joke.

I really don't see the point of what Husky is doing rebadgeing these as Macs though. I bet there mostly for the Menards sales anyway.

I really don't see the point of what Husky is doing rebadgeing these as Macs though.

They're trying to give the dealers price point units to compete with the box stores without cheapening the Husky brand name.

We are supposed to get these units up here in Canada this fall but we haven't seen pricing yet so I don't know if we are going to be carrying them or not. We do sell the 235/240 series of saws as we can't order the 435/440 only the 440e from Husq. Canada. Properly tuned the 235/240 seem to hang together pretty well.

It seems odd to us that we might be carrying McCulloch branded products in our store after telling our customers to avoid the McCulloch brand for years because of all the Mexican/Taiwanese junk that has been sold under that name. We're going to order in a couple of the snowblowers to see what the response is to the name.

if some one will ship me one of these saw i have a 100 round drum to unload on it . 7.62 shoud do the trick nicely Randy Mac... i dont publically bash to man y saws but these boxes of manure they are trying to push now days ain't worth a crap.. if the recoil on one of these last thru 3 tanks of gas i would be surprised .

They're trying to give the dealers price point units to compete with the box stores without cheapening the Husky brand name.

It seems odd to us that we might be carrying McCulloch branded products in our store after telling our customers to avoid the McCulloch brand for years because of all the Mexican/Taiwanese junk that has been sold under that name. We're going to order in a couple of the snowblowers to see what the response is to the name.

I've been selling the MC500 22" push mower all season. Not much reaction either way to the name. Just people buying the basic push mower. I'll probably do some of the snow throwers as well and slot them in under the Ariens. The problem will be that if you have them sitting next to a Husky snow thrower, they're going to look an awful lot alike.

You know what? This right here has been my thinking all along and I never could understand all the bashing on the consumer Poulans. Yep there not the best by any means but compared to there line of competitors there far from junk, mostly they just need a muffler mod and carb tuning to be decent. (just like the vaunted 361)

What little I have been around the imported Homelites and Macs I could not ever see why they were not the butt of all the jokes. To me they are the joke.

Exactly right Mark. All of this Poulan stuff should be compared to that lousy imported crap that it sits next to in the box stores, not the real Huskys and Stihls that we generally talk about here. The Poulan product is far better than most of the junk sold at those lower price points.

As far as the comments about what Husky is doing to the McCulloch name, it's not as if they are de-flowering a virgin here. If anything, they are treating it better than it has been treated for some time. Keep in mind that it was McCulloch themselves that ruined the McCulloch name.

One thing is for certain: Husky will be far better for McCulloch than John Deere was for Homelite. :cheers:

Spike will forgive me, but I am getting a bit confused with the consumer saws produced by Husqvarna. How do they 'position' the brands of Mc Culloch, Partner and Poulans...? are they all disguised Poulans ? And if so, what is the reason for doing this ? :dizzy:

Hey, if he wants to dump on Stihl then he deserves to get smacked around a little bit.

BTW, I wasn't planning on selling these things. I don't even sell the 235/240 Huskys.

Well I don't "dump on" Stihl in General, just on the models that "deserve" it. I do the same with the Huskys that deserve it.

I have always liked the 026 - the problem with that one is that the design has been outdated for a long time, and suffer from it....:greenchainsaw:

Spike will forgive me, but I am getting a bit confused with the consumer saws produced by Husqvarna. How do they 'position' the brands of Mc Culloch, Partner and Poulans...? are they all disguised Poulans ? And if so, what is the reason for doing this ? :dizzy:
I am not sure of this, but believe at least some Partners, and maybe some McCs, are made in Italy - at what used to be the old McC Europe factory.

I thought Husky owned the McCullock brand name only in Europe, but that may of course have changed........:confused:

Spike,

10-4.

You know, ST hasn't had an AS battle in a while and I know everyone was going easy on him due to his mysterious absence. I wanted to "get him back in the saddle" again.

Busted,

joat

I will try to get involved in fewer "battles" in the future - I am a bit tiered of them. :givebeer:

I will try to get involved in fewer "battles" in the future - I am a bit tiered of them. :givebeer:

Niko,

I read you load and clear. If you get ready to suit up again and enter the fray, let us know.

Peace,

joat

PS: Help wanted: Need reliable anti-homeowner Stihl ranter. Must have instant recall of all published specs. Must be fluent in German as to access the DLG and KWF test reports. Must be willing to defend DLG and KWF test reports at all costs. No pay. No benefits. Long hours. Free avatar. Inquire within.

Latest posts

Back