Mastermind worksaw's picture thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Randy remember this hot mess? Now it is just hot.

DSC08043_zps72beb37d.jpg

Well, besides that! I believe the P&C are the same? So the 681 should be a slightly stronger saw?

Yeah they will bolt on but why would you want to on a 7900? What about that 1mm-1.5mm longer base for the 1mm longer stroke on the 681. That right there makes the cylinders different.

Now pic 7900 1mm shorter stroke in a taller 681 cylinder. Bet that throws the port time way off eh.

:givebeer:

Yeah they will bolt on but why would you want to on a 7900? What about that 1mm-1.5mm longer base for the 1mm longer stroke on the 681. That right there makes the cylinders different.

Now pic 7900 1mm shorter stroke in a taller 681 cylinder. Bet that throws the port time way off eh.

:givebeer:
I don't want to, I was just trying to figure out the difference between the two. Mine runs just fine at 79cc and will run even better once it's Masterminded. :D
Thank you for the information, btw. :clap:

I'll have to double check on that 084 coil and carb. I'm by no means an expert but I do know there were different coils and carbs like jeremiah said. I thought I seen a thread about swapping coils on a 084 though, maybe it was in my dreams haha.:dizzy:

How did that 038 respond?
It was decent when I got it. You can tell from the pix that it has been used a fair amount. After a total rebuild and a ported tecomec magnum top end, it is ...well... priceless. Meaning it isn't EVER going to leave my stable. They are heavy, no doubt, but it has some serious balls to make it worth the effort. It was a big hit at the Pa. GTG. It wears a 20" ES bar these days.

Latest posts

Back