Mastermind worksaw's picture thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MM "work" saws got a little workout today.:)
2015-04-05%2016.01.47_zps0ianzqvo.jpg

661cxb had a several tanks through yesterday taking down a huge gum, so far I've lent to two other climbers who just think it's beautiful to use, the groundies talk about it in awe.

Ozzie spec stock 660 is different to US model, 7hp (?) DP muffler and big balls, strong saws running 25" bars in hardwood and they just don't stand a chance

661cxb had a several tanks through yesterday taking down a huge gum, so far I've lent to two other climbers who just think it's beautiful to use, the groundies talk about it in awe.

Ozzie spec stock 660 is different to US model, 7hp (?) DP muffler and big balls, strong saws running 25" bars in hardwood and they just don't stand a chance
This is a picture thread, I wanna see!

Here's my latest Mastermind Masterpiece contribution to this awesome thread.

Not a way cool powerhouse like most all the saws posted and pic'd in this thread, but boy does she have deeeep sentimental value here at Home. '76 vintage, pictured with an aftermarket spike, a 20" bar from Jonathan and two new loops of 3/8 .050 RS Oilomatic chain. We have the original spike and 16" (?) bar with most all paint intact hanging on a nail.

Fired it up last Friday evening after work with my good friends at Newtown Power Equipment for the first time in many many years after having pushed it off into a corner myself since inheriting it. Good Lord does that exhaust note BARK just force a huge smile of reminiscence! Too pretty to run with that new 20" and chain, may have to go back to the 16 when I end up running her.

Can't thank Randy enough, he just really went way out of his way to completely go through every nut and bolt, seal and bearing, line and well you get the idea. Randy, thank-you.

Just got Home from knee surgery this morning so it'll be a while. Boss says she doesn't want to see me back at work for 6 weeks. boy, that's too bad, what the heck am I gonna do? Hmmm, by sheer coincidence I renewed my fishing license a month or so ago... Lol Anyway, enough ramble, enjoy the pics!

1 MM McCulloch 002.JPG 1 MM McCulloch 003.JPG 1 MM McCulloch 004.JPG 1 MM McCulloch 004.JPG 1 MM McCulloch 005.JPG 1 MM McCulloch 006.JPG 1 MM McCulloch 007.JPGu

Here's my latest Mastermind Masterpiece contribution to this awesome thread.

Not a way cool powerhouse like most all the saws posted and pic'd in this thread, but boy does she have deeeep sentimental value here at Home. '76 vintage, pictured with an aftermarket spike, a 20" bar from Jonathan and two new loops of 3/8 .050 RS Oilomatic chain. We have the original spike and 16" (?) bar with most all paint intact hanging on a nail.

Fired it up last Friday evening after work with my good friends at Newtown Power Equipment for the first time in many many years after having pushed it off into a corner myself since inheriting it. Good Lord does that exhaust note BARK just force a huge smile of reminiscence! Too pretty to run with that new 20" and chain, may have to go back to the 16 when I end up running her.

Can't thank Randy enough, he just really went way out of his way to completely go through every nut and bolt, seal and bearing, line and well you get the idea. Randy, thank-you.

Just got Home from knee surgery this morning so it'll be a while. Boss says she doesn't want to see me back at work for 6 weeks. boy, that's too bad, what the heck am I gonna do? Hmmm, by sheer coincidence I renewed my fishing license a month or so ago... Lol Anyway, enough ramble, enjoy the pics!

View attachment 419655 View attachment 419656 View attachment 419657 View attachment 419657 View attachment 419658 View attachment 419659 View attachment 419660u

Mel,

Very nice. You are not to far from me, and newtown power equipment is about 15, maybe 20 mins away, depending on how fast i feel like driving and traffic :D...Im in Trumbull. Good to see another guy from CT that isnt far away.

Here is my latest Mastermind work saw, big thanks to DexterDay for selling it to me & bringing it to the Iowa GTG,

MM461R, think I need to clean my camera lens after the GTG, seems a little dirty.

DSCN9594.JPG

at the GTG, we put a 28" bar on my Masatermind 441c, & new chain, Hedgerow made a cut in a 24" piece of oak, got a time of 31.9 seconds, then we put the same bar & same chain on the Mastermind 461r, Hedgerow cut a cookie off of the same piece of oak, we got a time of 22.9 seconds. Good running saw for sure!

Back