Masterminded 362c 87 octane vs 94

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian,
How many hours would you estimate are on that saw in the pic with the H1r used as mix ?

Black goo oozing from my muffler wont bother me one bit ........... its the blue goo at the bottom of a cylinder base that I will allways watchout for and stay far away from

I honestly don't know ,i have 6 saws i use ,i can't even remember how long i have had it back since it was built ,i would have to see if could find the thread on it for reference it as how long i have had it , is a go to saw i use a lot ,I am not a production faller ,they normally put 25-30 hours a week on a saw i do nowhere near that i could guess less than 100 hours since it was done ,but i can not document it ,i have not kept good track ,i hear of guys getting 2000 hours out of a stihl so i am not a good guy for proving it is any better ,i would ask a production logger ,but most of them i know run stihl mix and get 2000 plus hours from a saw (but most run a lot less compression than i do ),i honestly do not know any pro fallers that run the dirt bike oil like we do ,but their saws are more mildly built then what we play with too ,i have let a few pro fallers try my saws out ,there were smiles on their faces after if that says anything

The bean oil in the r50? Will it leave behind more depoists than the ester oils?
R-50 is not a bean based oil... it has some of the same protection characteristics though.

" R-50 is a pure synthetic lubricant designed exclusively for use in all sustained Hi-RPM 2-stroke racing engines. R 50™ film strength is comparable to castor oil with the benefits of Clean Burn™ technology"

R-50 is not a bean based oil... it has some of the same protection characteristics though.

" R-50 is a pure synthetic lubricant designed exclusively for use in all sustained Hi-RPM 2-stroke racing engines. R 50™ film strength is comparable to castor oil with the benefits of Clean Burn™ technology"
Ok. Wonder why it leaves alil more depoists behind?

Super TechniPlate however is blended with 20% BeNOL® Racing Castor Oil.

Also for giggles lol.

R-50 mixed with Sunoco 92 E-10 fuel
l
10464374_690422847673209_7176665249927237936_n.jpg

Maxima K2 freshly mixed with the same fuel
10502332_717295901652570_6519849580422755515_n.jpg

I'm not going to run super. I know sachsmo gets good results while milling with it. He may get the saws hot enough to burn that off.

That is hideous!!! I've never seen anything like that. Are you sure something else wasn't going on?
That was a new saw given to me, along with 2 gallons of mix of super techno plate to break that saw in before Stump ported it...
I whipped that saw like a rented mule for 2 days clearing fence rows of hedge and locust trees...
To use up the last half gallon, I did nothing but set up rounds and noodle them into 9 pieces, over and over...
The daily temps were around 95 degrees... The saw was given no quarter....
Re-fill check chain and go... That test is what sold me on the 562...
Do you realize how much wood I cut on that 2 gallons of fuel!!??
Now...
You tell me what was going on..
The fuel was non eth fuel...

That was a new saw given to me, along with 2 gallons of mix of super techno plate to break that saw in before Stump ported it...
I whipped that saw like a rented mule for 2 days clearing fence rows of hedge and locust trees...
To use up the last half gallon, I did nothing but set up rounds and noodle them into 9 pieces, over and over...
Now...
That right there also sold me on the 562xp! It takes a hell of a lot of wood to run two gallons through a 562xp!!! :D

I honestly don't know ,i have 6 saws i use ,i can't even remember how long i have had it back since it was built ,i would have to see if could find the thread on it for reference it as how long i have had it , is a go to saw i use a lot ,I am not a production faller ,they normally put 25-30 hours a week on a saw i do nowhere near that i could guess less than 100 hours since it was done ,but i can not document it ,i have not kept good track ,i hear of guys getting 2000 hours out of a stihl so i am not a good guy for proving it is any better ,i would ask a production logger ,but most of them i know run stihl mix and get 2000 plus hours from a saw (but most run a lot less compression than i do ),i honestly do not know any pro fallers that run the dirt bike oil like we do ,but their saws are more mildly built then what we play with too ,i have let a few pro fallers try my saws out ,there were smiles on their faces after if that says anything

I posted this video Jan 21, 2013....

The reason I've not mentioned anything about what I thought of the K2 is because I've not started using it yet. I'm out of H1R as of yesterday......so I'll be mixing some fresh fuel with K2 today.

Now...
I'm guessing it was more heat than the oil could handle. That crap looks baked on to me. I'm most concerned by the apparent blowby that looks to have been going on. I'm shocked to see it down the side of the piston like that.

BTW, what was the reason to break it in before porting? Seems to me it'd be better the other way around.

I read this awhile ago and found it interesting. Ester oils are absorbed into the metal surfaces and stay there where as other oils depend on viscosity to stay put on the surfaces. Upon start up which is a high wear time, it only makes sense there will be more protection between the surfaces With the esters staying put? Less friction easier starting also?

I'm guessing it was more heat than the oil could handle. That crap looks baked on to me. I'm most concerned by the apparent blowby that looks to have been going on. I'm shocked to see it down the side of the piston like that.

BTW, what was the reason to break it in before porting? Seems to me it'd be better the other way around.
It looks pretty bad

That video was before a couple more tweaks were done inside ,it revs more in the cut now and does not bog like in the video now ,not that it is bogging awfully bad ,but it runs a lot better now,i have also added the early 10mm flywheel since that video ,which helps keep the power rolled on with a longer bar

Stumpy's brain works differently...
He wanted to know what a well broke in stock 562 was capable of before he even opened it up...
I cut year around... Once you hit 100 degrees, that'll separate the workers from the players...
The autotune did it's job, and he was happy with the results..
Even if he did have to clean all that freaking brown goo off the P&C...
And that weren't no small task.....

Latest posts

Back