Masterminded 362c 87 octane vs 94

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont even bother with these expensive motorcycle oils anymore its a waste of money , auto supermarket has lucas oil for 27 a gallon there , i dont think theres two sh!ts of a difference honestly..its cool to compare if thats what your into...but to use those fancy oils on the regular is entirely too expensive to reap the benefit... if there even is one.

I dont even bother with these expensive motorcycle oils anymore its a waste of money , auto supermarket has lucas oil for 27 a gallon there , i dont think theres two sh!ts of a difference honestly..its cool to compare if thats what your into...but to use those fancy oils on the regular is entirely too expensive to reap the benefit if there even is one.
I like Lucas ............ it was crispy as well............... plus its blue !!!
Never seen it be dry though ................... what mix ratio are you running ?

I like Lucas ............ it was crispy as well............... plus its blue !!!
Never seen it be dry though ................... what mix ratio are you running ?

I know this dude who does quite a bit of milling for mantles , i was boozin with him last fall and he asked me about a new saw to mill with and was set on a 660..i told him a 395 would be a better choice..didnt see him for a few weeks..he bought an echo 8000 for 850 bucks or somewhere around there and was pretty happy with it ( i didnt even bother to piss in his wheaties )..i tried talkin him into a muffler mod and 32:1 with a richer tune and he couldnt be bothered..he has milled an assload of wood on 50:1 since last fall with the limiter caps untouched and the saw still runs and cuts with good compression....people totally overthink this stuff...i was guilty too.

I know this dude who does quite a bit of milling for mantles , i was boozin with him last fall and he asked me about a new saw to mill with and was set on a 660..i told him a 395 would be a better choice..didnt see him for a few weeks..he bought an echo 8000 and was pretty happy with it ( i didnt even bother to piss in his wheaties )..i tried talkin him into a muffler mod and 32:1 with a richer tune and he couldnt be bothered..he has milled an assload of wood on 50:1 since last fall with the limiter caps untouched and the saw still runs and cuts with good compression....people totally overthink this stuff...i was guilty too.
Hater ............................... :(

So ......... you running 50:1 nowadays eh ??

40..only because of the stuff ive read here.

Just like my ported 2172 was gonna blow havin it tuned around 13800-14000..that hasnt happened yet..i lost track on the gallons a few years ago that have been ran through that saw...people should just use/do what they like..chainsaw forums fark with your head.

When randy had all the groupies runnin 32:1 with belray.. it was "the" oil to run on AS.. and then some dude says its garbage..now everyone quit buyin it and all of a sudden discovered some problem with their chainsaw that they never mentioned before , or were just too scared to challenge the "man"...or so it seems.

I ran the piss out of belray at 32:1 for quite a while because i got a few free gallons that were headed for the garbage from an estate sale and never noticed a single thing wrong with it other than the odd tuning with it ( which it seems everyone noticed ) i didnt care for the smell but i didn't change my tampon prior to using it either..maybe that would have helped..

I say buy the oils you have access to and can afford or just use whatever gives you a boner..it doesnt matter to 99.9% of average chainsaw users.

I'm not jumping on the heavy oil band wagon. Ok squeaking 50:1 might be a little light but 40:1 is plenty. Why would a ported saw need more oil? Imho correct fuel is more important. Keeping the saw cool is done by keeping the correct amount of fuel flowing through the saw. Higher compression, higher torque and higher rpms make more heat due to the rings being pressed harder against the cylinder and more load being put on the connecting rod bearings and crank bearings.

A ported saw flows better and in return uses more air and fuel. The increased air and fuel is helping to cool down the increased heat from higher compression and torque. I've tested and torn down a lage number of saws. 50:1 has oil everywhere 40:1 has a bit of excess oil in the exhaust and anything with higher oil content than 40:1 is just way overdoing it IMO.
Telling a sloppy fuel mixer 32:1 or 40:1 will most likely always keep him in the safe range. Telling a sloppy fuel mixer 50:1 might get him in trouble. His sloppiness might have him at 45:1 sometimes and or at 55:1 sometimes. If you accurately mix your fuel then 40:1 is probably more than enough.

I'm not jumping on the heavy oil band wagon. Ok squeaking 50:1 might be a little light but 40:1 is plenty. Why would a ported saw need more oil? Imho correct fuel is more important. Keeping the saw cool is done by keeping the correct amount of fuel flowing through the saw. Higher compression, higher torque and higher rpms make more heat due to the rings being pressed harder against the cylinder and more load being put on the connecting rod bearings and crank bearings.

A ported saw flows better and in return uses more air and fuel. The increased air and fuel is helping to cool down the increased heat from higher compression and torque. I've tested and torn down a lage number of saws. 50:1 has oil everywhere 40:1 has a bit of excess oil in the exhaust and anything with higher oil content than 40:1 is just way overdoing it IMO.
Telling a sloppy fuel mixer 32:1 or 40:1 will most likely always keep him in the safe range. Telling a sloppy fuel mixer 50:1 might get him in trouble. His sloppiness might have him at 45:1 sometimes and or at 55:1 sometimes. If you accurately mix your fuel then 40:1 is probably more than enough.

That makes entirely too much cents for this forum.

I wouldn't run 32:1 on an Autotune saw. Especially bel ray. That being said, my saws ran great on belray at 32:1, and the insides always looked perfect. I'm currently experimenting with yamalube, but bought another bottle of h1r to use when I'm out of Yama. If you have small, flat blade screwdriver skills, it's a great product.
That being said, I totally agree with Ryan. If folks remember to put any sort of oil in their gas at any sort of reasonable ratio (especially the PSP'ers), and tune ballpark OK, they will be unlikely to ever burn up their saw.

I wouldn't run 32:1 on an Autotune saw. Especially bel ray. That being said, my saws ran great on belray at 32:1, and the insides always looked perfect. I'm currently experimenting with yamalube, but bought another bottle of h1r to use when I'm out of Yama. If you have small, flat blade screwdriver skills, it's a great product.
That being said, I totally agree with Ryan. If folks remember to put any sort of oil in their gas at any sort of reasonable ratio (especially the PSP'ers), and tune ballpark OK, they will be unlikely to ever burn up their saw.

Flat blade skrewdriver skillz are gonna be a lost art.

I ran it at 32 in my 241 and it seemed to run fine..idk..i dont have any teef , dont listen to anything i say.

I forgot to add that at 32:1 with belray there was a ton of spooge comin out of my muffler ports at that ratio no matter what the tune was..seemed excessive to me..i just mixed it that rich because it said to on the bottle .

I forgot to add that at 32:1 with belray there was a ton of spooge comin out of my muffler ports at that ratio no matter what the tune was..seemed excessive to me..i just mixed it that rich because it said to on the bottle .
I've seen oil spillage out of the muffler with 40:1 using motul 800

So runnin 50:1 in a ported saw would be safe because of how thick these oils are ?
Haha. I'm not bold enough to make that statement but I think 40:1 is more than enough. 50:1 IMHO is sufficient if your using a good synthetic blend oil. Nothing wrong with the Stihl gray bottle

Back