Maybe I should just work for free!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats great ya know that takes skill just like the climbing thing does, taking care of the climber is no joke. Good to see your hanging in their though.

I think that 90% of being on the ground is being able to deal with the constant cluster#### of ropes and brush.

I think that 90% of being on the ground is being able to deal with the constant cluster#### of ropes and brush.

you ain't kidding :cheers: plus being able to understand whats going on up in the tree and you learning to climb only makes it that much easier.

Ya know dan I really thought everything went well, it seemed that way from your expressions. What pissed me off was that you came on here like SOM said and seemed to sugar coat everything like you were trying to make me look like a joke for your followers. I am a brutally honest speak my mind person and I expect the same from friends and co-workers. If you have beef or dislike something i'm doing then just say it. This beating around the bush #### is for the birds. I try not to hold grudges but i needed a breather from you and AS or it could of gotten bad and I didn't want that to happen.

I don't know what your intentions are with me but I can say that I came on to your and plas's job with a good attitude trying to the best I could. If you see that I could do better than just open that big trap of yours. You sure as hell don't have any problem speaking up on AS.

P.S. If you think plas and me are bad then you haven't seen ####. Yeah plas needs to be beat with a stick a few times but all in all he's a pretty smart donkey.(no offence plas) I'll have to send some of my jackys your way then you'll see some re-re's.

I have no idea what you are talking about. The one and only thing that you ever did to get my goat was to call us pansies. That is what started it from my POV. That's it, nothing else. Now what the hell is a re-re?

I suppose much of what I said in our online spat had really little or no bearing on anything.
It was the the way that all the sudden you yourself came online and called us pansies without any call. Its hard to weed out what is real and what is not online here. Maybe it was only a joke? I don't know, didn't seem that way. We don't really have any other beef with you other than the fact that you did that. You were cool on the job but here you say pansy? That's the thing right there.

I suppose much of what I said in our online spat had really little or no bearing on anything.
It was the the way that all the sudden you yourself came online and called us pansies without any call. Its hard to weed out what is real and what is not online here. Maybe it was only a joke? I don't know, didn't seem that way. We don't really have any other beef with you other than the fact that you did that. You were cool on the job but here you say pansy? That's the thing right there.

On that last maple job we did I took a big azz limb to the upper back and went down on a running 361. Then I got right the #### back up and continued working like nothing happened. I'm quite sure I'm not a pansie.

On that last maple job we did I took a big azz limb to the upper back and went down on a running 361. Then I got right the #### back up and continued working like nothing happened. I'm quite sure I'm not a pansie.

way to take one for the team and not puss out, definatly not a pansy in my book. glad you didn't get hurt

I just wanna know what it is about the way the dan carries himself that makes people think he might take them up on the planting pansies deal?? :)

thats old news we've moved past that now

way to take one for the team and not puss out, definatly not a pansy in my book. glad you didn't get hurt

Yea well it was a real greehorn mistake on my part and i was really embarassed. Here's what I remember.

We had a big ####ed-up shaped limb down on the ground. I was bucking it up with my MS-361 CQ. Note the "Q" in that model number, it's part of my story.

A good portion of this limb was well over my head, it was kind of a twisted mess. I reached down and back-chained a 2" offshoot that was digging into the dirt. Unbeknownst to me, that offshoot was holding this entire limb from rolling down into the flat position. Before I new what happened, I'm down on my hands and knees with my running 361 under my chest. That crap happens FAST bro.

The MS-361 C Q has a quick-stop beaver-tail safety on it. As soon as your hand comes off the handle, the chain brake kicks in. So when I went down on the saw, the chain was stopped. My left wrist, I believe, was damn close to the bar too.

Stupid, stupid mistake.

Back hurt a bit the next day.

The dude at the Stihl shop tried to talk me out of the quickstop model too...

Yea well it was a real greehorn mistake on my part and i was really embarassed. Here's what I remember.

We had a big ####ed-up shaped limb down on the ground. I was bucking it up with my MS-361 CQ. Note the "Q" in that model number, it's part of my story.

A good portion of this limb was well over my head, it was kind of a twisted mess. I reached down and back-chained a 2" offshoot that was digging into the dirt. Unbeknownst to me, that offshoot was holding this entire limb from rolling down into the flat position. Before I new what happened, I'm down on my hands and knees with my running 361 under my chest. That crap happens FAST bro.

The MS-361 C Q has a quick-stop beaver-tail safety on it. As soon as your hand comes off the handle, the chain brake kicks in. So when I went down on the saw, the chain was stopped. My left wrist, I believe, was damn close to the bar too.

Stupid, stupid mistake.

Back hurt a bit the next day.

The dude at the Stihl shop tried to talk me out of the quickstop model too...

sounds like that saw was meant for you at least untill you get more experience. Sounds kind of freaky glad you made it out without the saw stuck in your chest. Bucking limbs up are still if not sometimes more dangerous then climbing. Lots of energy left in those limbs even know they are on the ground. I drill my groundies to pay attention to how stuff is laying and how to make proper cuts when bucking. Their is alot of debris around you usually and one wrong cut, a little roll, and a trip spells disaster.

Maybe that big ####d-up u shape limb needed to have some safety switches installed on it before they let you at it plas?? :)

It was an accident and I almost got hurt. Not appropriate to bust my balls for that. I learned from the mistake and moved on.

Plas, Glad you're alright. Ground sawing can be far more dangerous than aerial sawing. With this experience behind you I daresay you will become a lot more safety conscious when it comes to saws which will benefit you and all who work with you in future. Also it takes guts to stand up and tell everyone about your "real greenhorn mistake".

You ain't no pansy!:clap:

For a vid of Plas with his face in the mud? $10........you got paypal?

Not enough.

I just remembered 1. he slipped on his spikes a little ( shoulda seen the look on his face) but he regained himself and bit back.2. Then he fell bucking a limb on the ground as well.
Yeah, he went right over on his back the saw almost came down on him. I crashed a lot of bikes that way. Its not always the crash that hurts, its the bike landing on you. Ouch.
I hope he put the pics up of the job. I went and hucked this big limb off this tree which the butt was sticking up in the air and then the school let out and all the kids were walking through the yard. When I was cutting I caught a little something myself when it rolled.

Thinking back to when I worked with the drug addicts and losers on your crew I remember you saying " Hell, if you got hurt these guys would laugh at you". I was thinking " Hell, you look like you would be the first one to crack a smile". Was I right?
Chill out Mr. Nelson, might want to can the sardonics.Thanks, I'm walking here.

That whole day was one of those off-days. It was like neither one of us *really* had time to cram that job in before the holiday and before the snow but we did anyway, and we crammed some training in to boot. Just not a good profession to have off days in.

Not enough.

I just remembered 1. he slipped on his spikes a little ( shoulda seen the look on his face) but he regained himself and bit back.2. Then he fell bucking a limb on the ground as well.
Yeah, he went right over on his back the saw almost came down on him. I crashed a lot of bikes that way. Its not always the crash that hurts, its the bike landing on you. Ouch.
I hope he put the pics up of the job. I went and hucked this big limb off this tree which the butt was sticking up in the air and then the school let out and all the kids were walking through the yard. When I was cutting I caught a little something myself when it rolled.

Thinking back to when I worked with the drug addicts and losers on your crew I remember you saying " Hell, if you got hurt these guys would laugh at you". I was thinking " Hell, you look like you would be the first one to crack a smile". Was I right?
Chill out Mr. Nelson, might want to can the sardonics.Thanks, I'm walking here.

Latest posts

Back