Maybe I should just work for free!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Treemandan is the user name I used to login here. I used it cause it was easy to remember, I am not good at picking cool screen names for myself so I used that. There was a kid that came to work on a crew I was on a few years ago, he knew nothing about trees but his name was Dan so we called him Treemandan. It has nothing to do with Treeco, not in the least.
The thing with Treeco and I is that he is so dam sardonic towards anybody he deems unfit. No grudge. I just don't dig his jokes or the tit for tat internet games he is so good at.It appears to me he works very hard at it.
As far as anything else he is talking about I have to say he is pretty much off base, and basically the internet troll he claims me to be. If it isn't obvious that he does in fact lie in wait to spew his sardonic remarks to any unsuspecting person who wanders in here then I guess the world isn't round.
That's it in a nutshell and as far as Nc and Blakes not living up to my expectations: Treeco, you are really nuts. What in the hell are you talking about now?
And as far as getting the boot from The Buzz? Yeah, the pretty people don't like me... for good reason I make sure of that.

Sounds like yer not advertising enough during the busy season...and in general for that matter. I do the yellow pages and yellow book, as well as a couple of local papers. Most of my work still comes from word of mouth, but I figure i don't want to chance losing some nice jobs. cost of doing business. Yes the yellow pages sucks and its mostly price shoppers - but if yer any good/and or have some equipment that can give an edge over the next guy, so there can be money in those calls too. Of course its probably too late in the season to launch an advertising campaign at this point. just saying.

This part about barely being able to pay the rent makes me scared for you! I thought all of us self employed guys save up money during the season in order to get through the winter??

I can get work in the winter. There are a number of ways to rustle up some work. Hey, like any other business you have to get out and track it down... rent a plane and drop leaflets all over. Any business that wants business will do that. If you think that some of the alternatives to advertise cheapen the industry then sit on your ass and drain your bank account all winter.

I can get work in the winter. There are a number of ways to rustle up some work. Hey, like any other business you have to get out and track it down... rent a plane and drop leaflets all over. Any business that wants business will do that. If you think that some of the alternatives to advertise cheapen the industry then sit on your ass and drain your bank account all winter.

I was just putting that out there to give some insight into the different ways of going about things. The way I do things is aimed at survival. I'll bite my tongue here.

I was just putting that out there to give some insight into the different ways of going about things. The way I do things is aimed at survival. I'll bite my tongue here.

Don't bite on my account. I wasn't really only speaking to you in my last post but to anyone.

Get a copy of that letter to her insurance company too. I'd forget about doing the trees unless of course there's good firewood to be had, LOL!

Yeah, but I dont think "simon" is certified, LOL maybe certifiable!! dont know if he has the verbal/penmanship skills to get across his point, LOL

BTW...... dont yell at him in the letter or cuss, you`ll have to write it in a professional manner....................good luck with that...Simon???:clap:

glad you know my name NC.....

LXT......................

Yeah, but I dont think "simon" is certified, LOL maybe certifiable!! dont know if he has the verbal/penmanship skills to get across his point, LOL

BTW...... dont yell at him in the letter or cuss, you`ll have to write it in a professional manner....................good luck with that...Simon???:clap:

glad you know my name NC.....

LXT......................

I really don't want your opinion lxt, like i said before you rub me the wrong way. Everything you say is just plain ugly. you are really starting to piss me off to the point where i'd like to have an out of house meeting so we can settle this. Please just leave it alone and bother someone else

Welllllll NC, im not hard to find!! you know my name!! hell..... google it up!
see you at the end of badazz street........ then you can yell at me!

dont really care what you like or dont like!! just the thread title & how you treat potential customers is what is not liked!!! you dont like it??? awe...have some x-mas cookies & milk!

LXT................

WOW, this thread has a lot of people watching!! LOL,:jawdrop:

LXT.........

Sounds like yer not advertising enough during the busy season...and in general for that matter. I do the yellow pages and yellow book, as well as a couple of local papers. Most of my work still comes from word of mouth, but I figure i don't want to chance losing some nice jobs. cost of doing business. Yes the yellow pages sucks and its mostly price shoppers - but if yer any good/and or have some equipment that can give an edge over the next guy, so there can be money in those calls too. Of course its probably too late in the season to launch an advertising campaign at this point. just saying.

This part about barely being able to pay the rent makes me scared for you! I thought all of us self employed guys save up money during the season in order to get through the winter??

Well i put out 30,000 post cards last spring and hardly got any calls off of it. in the previous two years i did the same thing only to 70,000 homes. I had so much luck with it that it became to much for my little one man show.

My situation is probably different than most of you guys. I am single so I have no second income, my rent is pretty exspensive and i am still paying for my chip truck and estimate/working truck. I made a few bad spending choices in my first two years because business was so good. This economy went to #### and so did the work. I also made a bad choice of starting my business in december so all my liability and comm insurance come at one time when i'm slow. I bought a big chip truck which now i feel was a bad choice because i don't have the volume plus it needed alot of work. I spent over $6000 in repair and maintenance for the truck since i owned here in the past two years.

It was such a bad year for me that i barely saved any money for the winter so now i sit here scraping by hoping this economy will get better. I'm not trying to make a sob story but it just really sucks and i'm thinking about quiting. the only thing is i love this work so much that i don't know what else i could possibly do.

NC....putting our differences aside, I hope all works out for ya! I dont want to see anyone struggle or go through financial hardships, our Biz is hard enough!

may the new year be better for us all,

LXT...............

As far as this whole treeco being sardonic thing goes (good word and usage btw), if I ever saw that side of him it was because I deserved it more than likely. he is a mod after all...correct??

Dano, you just may be taking this stuff a little too seriously...maybe you the one needs the milk and cookies? I mean we are supposed to be treeguys right? Toughen up a little...its not like treeco (or any of us) really wants to see plas get hurt. I just viewed it as a seasoned treeguy bustin young plas's chops. Like we say here at the shop when someone really gets their ass busted: "tough crowd".

Welllllll NC, im not hard to find!! you know my name!! hell..... google it up!
see you at the end of badazz street........ then you can yell at me!

dont really care what you like or dont like!! just the thread title & how you treat potential customers is what is not liked!!! you dont like it??? awe...have some x-mas cookies & milk!

LXT................

you have no ####ing clue how i treat my customers, so crawl back into your hole, your like a turd that wont flush:buttkick:

NC....putting our differences aside, I hope all works out for ya! I dont want to see anyone struggle or go through financial hardships, our Biz is hard enough!

may the new year be better for us all,

LXT...............

I'm guessing yer gonna want to retract that comment after NC's last post eh? :laugh:

I just wasted the last few minutes of my life reading this... Oh my frickin god,really, are we still in high school? Just drive over to his house and beat the breaks off the guy or SHUT UP!!! sounds like a bunch of school girls LOL:cry:

I just wasted the last few minutes of my life reading this... Oh my frickin god,really, are we still in high school? Just drive over to his house and beat the breaks off the guy or SHUT UP!!! sounds like a bunch of school girls LOL:cry:

you know it, it's getting ridiculous

Yeah, you guys sure whine a lot. I'm sure you're all good tree guys in your own right and we all know we don't get a whole lot of respect from people, especially other people within our industry, so everyone's whiny antics on the site here are excusable. Keep it coming! :popcorn:

Don,t feel like the lone ranger,me too.

Only from a bunch of guys from PA.I take it you guy,s are not from the cty of brotherly love.:drool:

Back