Maybe I should just work for free!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That whole day was one of those off-days. It was like neither one of us *really* had time to cram that job in before the holiday and before the snow but we did anyway, and we crammed some training in to boot. Just not a good profession to have off days in.

I would say its more that you still have very little idea of what you are doing. Hey, don't feel bad. You survived and learned a good bit more. Give it a few more years and you will be able to hang out with a novice like you and not get to exasperated.
That's just the truth. You are experinacing all the little wierd things that there are to experiance with this. Its really a lot and you did ask for it. No real problem what so ever. You can't show me a guy who can run around all sorts of trees with the experiance you have, he don't exist. Same with the ground work, you have to know a lot.

I would say its more that you still have very little idea of what you are doing. Hey, don't feel bad. You survived and learned a good bit more. Give it a few more years and you will be able to hang out with a novice like you and not get to exasperated.
That's just the truth. You are experinacing all the little wierd things that there are to experiance with this. Its really a lot and you did ask for it. No real problem what so ever. You can't show me a guy who can run around all sorts of trees with the experiance you have, he don't exist. Same with the ground work, you have to know a lot.

Yea, that too. I will make it though.

Sorry to dig into your post Nc, I am right with ya on the neighbor thing.

But Treeco, whared ya go? Got me all worked up ready to come then run away... again? Oh ain't this a #####? Who's the internet toughguy now anyway? Come on back here buddy, finish what you started dancing queen.

But as usuall you just come on with snide, un-related and non-tangible remarks then slink back into your den... I mean under your bridge.

Ben you ought to put a little more effort in keeping your #### together. You come across as an idiot to often.

Go back to your hole!

What in the hell do you think you sound like? Jesus dude. Holy crap! Give it a rest man. I don't want to hear your sardonic remarks. No sir, not at all. Just smile and wave mother####er, says so in the manual. I come off like an idiot? That's the idea phuckyschmuck, read between the lines. Oh my God, yes, a lot is lost over the internet, However you make sure your remarks are pure ####### and most can see that. Sure you are a funny guy but some of the remarks you make are complete disrepect. You come off like a troll, a mean one at that. Mean, mean, mean. yer mean dude.

Ben you are drooling on your keyboard!:popcorn:

Uhh, let me check...... no not exactly. Actually not even close. How bout you?
Seriously, what is with these last bit of Treeco remarks towards my boy? You have to cut that #### out. He don't think its funny and I really don't think so either.
See, with me even over the internet people understand when i am joking and when I'm not. Not so with you. I told you this before. I think you are trying to be a prick and I am just serving it back, its not my fault if you are below my sardonics. I am not drooling, I'm doing the two step.

OK, $20 for the video but only if it shows that same limb getting you, too.:)

If I was a lesser man I would say " send me a picture of your sister and we can call it even".
But I am not a lesser man. Good night Mr. Nelson ( with all due respect) and you can shove it right up your heiny hole. Don't drink and drive.

:arg: Ok we are getting way off topic here. I am dead in the water with work right now and am barely able to make rent at the end of the month. I need to find ways to conjure up some work or it's time to look for a job working at Wendys.

I adverise in a local advertising magazine and thats it, been doing it for a couple of year with pretty good results. I think now though everyone who reads it knows about me by now. I don't advertise in the phonebook because it's expensive and your competing with 80 other companies. The only ones that get calls from the phonebook are the first and biggest ads.

So here i am, i know the other thread has alot of info on it but it seems to be caught btween wether to go big or stay small. I'm knot going big at least not anytime soon. I think I will lose my love for this work quickly if I decide to go big. So any of you guys out there have any suggestion for me I would greatly appreciate it, also any of you local guys need a climber then i'd be willing to take my crazy pills and climb some trees.

p.s. although i seem to climb better when i'm full blown nuts:laugh:

I have no idea what you are talking about. The one and only thing that you ever did to get my goat was to call us pansies. That is what started it from my POV. That's it, nothing else. Now what the hell is a re-re?

re-re is slang for a mentally callenged individual

......LOL!

............How you used the word made it obvious to most.:cheers:

Treeco are you looking for trouble cause i think you might just be taking this to far with dan and plas.

I really would like to know what the story is between you and dan. I know he worked for you back in the day so what's the beef here? their has to be a story behind this constant bickering between you and dan

:arg: Ok we are getting way off topic here. I am dead in the water with work right now and am barely able to make rent at the end of the month. I need to find ways to conjure up some work or it's time to look for a job working at Wendys.

I adverise in a local advertising magazine and thats it, been doing it for a couple of year with pretty good results. I think now though everyone who reads it knows about me by now. I don't advertise in the phonebook because it's expensive and your competing with 80 other companies. The only ones that get calls from the phonebook are the first and biggest ads.

So here i am, i know the other thread has alot of info on it but it seems to be caught btween wether to go big or stay small. I'm knot going big at least not anytime soon. I think I will lose my love for this work quickly if I decide to go big. So any of you guys out there have any suggestion for me I would greatly appreciate it, also any of you local guys need a climber then i'd be willing to take my crazy pills and climb some trees.

p.s. although i seem to climb better when i'm full blown nuts:laugh:

Sounds like yer not advertising enough during the busy season...and in general for that matter. I do the yellow pages and yellow book, as well as a couple of local papers. Most of my work still comes from word of mouth, but I figure i don't want to chance losing some nice jobs. cost of doing business. Yes the yellow pages sucks and its mostly price shoppers - but if yer any good/and or have some equipment that can give an edge over the next guy, so there can be money in those calls too. Of course its probably too late in the season to launch an advertising campaign at this point. just saying.

This part about barely being able to pay the rent makes me scared for you! I thought all of us self employed guys save up money during the season in order to get through the winter??

Latest posts

Back