McCulloch BP-1 update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one too, I need to clean up the carb on it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wow Cliff. That's the cleanest BP-1 I've seen, even in pics. Have you ever ran it? Now I really have to stop by your place when I head south. No advanced warning for you either!:hmm3grin2orange:

Wow Cliff. That's the cleanest BP-1 I've seen, even in pics. Have you ever ran it? Now I really have to stop by your place when I head south. No advanced warning for you either!:hmm3grin2orange:

Darn now im going have to more to some other place.:laugh:

Cliff, where is the spike I sent you???
Jim

These pics were taken befor I got the spikes from you.
The spikes are on the saw right now.

Well that's the pits. I'd have liked to meet the one and only Mr BowSaw. Just leave all of your saws at your 'old place' and I'll be OK I guess....:laugh:

Ok sure thats what I will do.;)

I could never move out fast, It would take me two years to move.
First I would have to stop all the tree contractors from bringing me
wood. Then a year to sell all the wood and another year to clean up
everything and move out of here.
So I will be here if you stop by.:biggrinbounce2:

Ok sure thats what I will do.;)

I could never move out fast, It would take me two years to move.
First I would have to stop all the tree contractors from bringing me
wood. Then a year to sell all the wood and another year to clean up
everything and move out of here.
So I will be here if you stop by.:biggrinbounce2:

Fair enough. I will give you advanced warning too...:cheers:

I sure did not see that. There were some parts 2 weeks ago I stayed away from out of respect to Jim.

Bill

I saw those parts to. I really didnt need them and didnt say anything about them cause I know if i was watching them and someone put them in the ebay thread i would be mad. I hope whoever saw them that needed them got them

I sure did not see that. There were some parts 2 weeks ago I stayed away from out of respect to Jim.

Bill

I appreciate that Bill, I did pick up some gearbox parts, and a carb.
FYI, I feel a little bad, but I did get the 1st set of BP1 diaphragms listed.
I just wanted to be straight with everyone.
Jim

I appreciate that Bill, I did pick up some gearbox parts, and a carb.
FYI, I feel a little bad, but I did get the 1st set of BP1 diaphragms listed.
I just wanted to be straight with everyone.
Jim

Jim,

I sure hoped that you got those parts. I had a interest in some of them for another BP1 that I have here but I knew that you had more need for them than I did. I know they went to a good home.

Bill

Jim,

I sure hoped that you got those parts. I had a interest in some of them for another BP1 that I have here but I knew that you had more need for them than I did. I know they went to a good home.

Bill
Thanks Bill.
What parts are you looking for? You had only mentioned that you needed carb diaphragms.
Jim

Currently on e-bay, 8 each NOS Champion TJ-8J spark plugs.

If I win the auction I will have a few spares for sale so don't bid them up too far unless you're willing to sell me one in return.

Mark

Well those sure do not look like the correct plug but who knows????????

Well those sure do not look like the correct plug but who knows????????

Looks like the right one to me. The packaged plugs in the listing pics have a cardboard tube taking up space from the funky recessed top electrode to the end of the package. I presume that's to keep these goofy short plugs from sliding around in a 'standard' plug box. At first glance that spacer tube looks like part of the plug (because it's a shade of white that's similar to the insulator).

If you do a search for TJ8J, you'll get the listing Mark mentions as well as one in the UK. The UK listing has a pic that clearly shows a TJ8J out of the package, with the packaging 'spacer' removed (sitting below packaged TJ8J's with the spacer I mentioned in place).

It's interesting that the UK listing mentions Homelite XL12 and SL5 (Remingtion I presume) saws. The used TJ8J I just sent Mark came out of a Super XL12 I have. That saw has the special plug cap that looks like what you'd find on a BP1. I've seen a pic of an XL100 circular saw that had this same plug and cap. My Remington SL9 doesn't have this style plug and cap, and neither does any of my other XL12 family saws. I haven't seen mention of this style of plug in my XL12 IPL's either. I believe I have an XL100 IPL somewhere. Gonna check if for poops and giggles...

Here's the link to the UK listing..................for illustrative purposes only. If I'm out of line posting it here, then please dock me some points and whip me with a wet noodle....

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHAMPION-TJ8J-S...98?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2eaeddb8ee

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back