Me and the girls

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you had a good day . I have 2 truck loads myself that needs split . Hopefully tomorrow split it and start my first Holzhausen.

Nice looking load of wood. Even prettier with those saws.

Holly Crap Man‼
My saw ain't been that clean in over 20 years‼
Heck, I've got more paint missing than you got dirt on them saws.

That reminds me of a neighbor rancher I was helping round up some stray cows. We made a temporary catch pen on some abandoned property , and he pulls this Stihl saw out of his truck. Man, that thing looked worse than a starved to death horse. I felt like hollerin' saw abuse. Man, it was ruff, and even though it ran well, the chain was as dull as a butter knife, and he sawed, and sawed. I felt like taking it away from him, but I just clinched my jaw, and said nothin'.
myindividualsaws0291.jpg

L-O-L
Well... I do sharpen my chains, maintain the air filter, true-up the guide bars, even replace the drive sprocket from time-to-time...
But as far as clean-up...well... if'n a little compressed air don't remove it... (shrug).
Heck, my 16 inch bar has way more bare steel showin' than it does paint.

L-O-L
Well... I do sharpen my chains, maintain the air filter, true-up the guide bars, even replace the drive sprocket from time-to-time...
But as far as clean-up...well... if'n a little compressed air don't remove it... (shrug).
Heck, my 16 inch bar has way more bare steel showin' than it does paint.

Generally, that's all I do to them, but sooner or later I'll get around to spiffin' m up a bit.

Since starting to use my X27 I really like splitting by hand now, and I love my little 021 it is so light and easy to tote.

What kind of wood is that? Looks like easy splitting with no large knots...

JT

Gun season was finally over this last weekend and I got out and cut some tops up across the street. I brought 2 saws but the only one that got dirty was the IMG_20131210_171035_044.jpg 346. :chainsaw: 2 red oaks tops down and a lot to go. I hauled out two loads and got a little greedy on the second one. I had it loaded up so much I got stuck . Had to unload a fair amount to get moving again. IMG_20131210_142019_826.jpg

ash man
The 346 is absolutely perfect for tops like the ones in the picture. That's where I use mine. Swing the big saw only when you need it.

that's a good 2 saws for firewood cutting :chop:, the x-27 is nice and light ,i like the one i have ,gets the job done

The 026 has seen a lot of abuse the 460 only has one season on it. I only cut wood in the winter. Part of the joy of cutting wood is hanging out in the garage cleaning and sharpening chains in front of the wood burner.image.jpg

I got to run my 32" bar last Saturday. I love cutting in 30° whether

Attachments

• IMAG0570.jpg
    IMAG0570.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
Back