Messy Woodpile / Bad Neighbor II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Appliances never go next to a vehicle, always place unwanted appliances behind house.
An even larger sin, believe it or not, this cluster of houses has been designated a historical district, now I'm definitely a yuppie:givebeer:
Yes on the national registry for historical value.

Hold on my BMW alarm is going off, I'm low on windshield washer fluid. This damned car does this all the time, why should I be interupted just because the $95K car is low on washer fluid? Last time this happened some poor smuck I hired to drop off some seasoned cherry firewood set off my alarm where I asked him to stack it all. Who does this wood guy think he is telling me it's an additional charge to stack inside my firewood garage? What a set of nuts!

The Yuppie

Rftreeman:
Second Insult in as many days:)

GO POUND SALT
Blah Blah Blah.......

I can't believe it would cost 9k to 15k for a fence on one side, put up a fence and "forget about it"

Just wondering, why did you pay for the tree work [and buy lunch] before it was done?
:agree2: That's the problem here.....

Last edited:
Long Island...that's the problem. Move to the sticks like did 40 years ago, I ain't got no neigbors for a quarter mile. :)

That place is an abomination. Either the guy is to old or broke to clean it up or he has no respect for his neighbors. I would hate to see what kind of work he does, its probably as crappy as his yard and that is usually the case.

You should tell him that you posted the pics on the site. Tell him to log on so I can tell him what I just told you.I see no pride there just crap. I can understand if he has fallen on hard times but that don't change the fact that that place is a junkyard. He should be the one to move... to a real junkyard.

I hope my place never gets like that, I wouldn't do it to my neighbors.

Put in a privacy fence and let your neighbor live in peace!

It looks like your neighbor is using his property to make some income. I don't see a whole lot wrong with that. If you don't like how his place looks then don't look over there! Maybe you would be happier on a city lot?
i don't agree with you much, but you are spot on here..
That place is an abomination. Either the guy is to old or broke to clean it up or he has no respect for his neighbors. I would hate to see what kind of work he does, its probably as crappy as his yard and that is usually the case.

You should tell him that you posted the pics on the site. Tell him to log on so I can tell him what I just told you.I see no pride there just crap. I can understand if he has fallen on hard times but that don't change the fact that that place is a junkyard. He should be the one to move... to a real junkyard.

I hope my place never gets like that, I wouldn't do it to my neighbors.
it is his property to do with as he sees fit..he is not putting any one in danger, so either build a fence or quit whining. the fact that you or the OP don't like it is irrelevant.....

I have no neighbors and my place stays reasonable. I have to look at it i could care less what anyone else thinks, But i like having things look decent.

Idk how a fence cost 9-15k. I could put up a fence that size in a day.

Or get some plastic strip's in you chain link, from the sides it will look a solid color.

If i ever had neighbors id have 12ft high fences! I don't want people seeing me and i don't wanna see anyone else.

Other then that your going to have to get over it or go clean it yourself.

I know a lot of people who work all day everyday and its hard to find time to make things look good.

Only wrong thing he dad was rip you off. Idk why you didn't solve that when it happened.

Some thoughts

i don't agree with you much, but you are spot on here..

it is his property to do with as he sees fit..he is not putting any one in danger, so either build a fence or quit whining. the fact that you or the OP don't like it is irrelevant.....

Actually and sadly he can't do what he sees fit. Like around here I am sure there are township ordinances. The new mailer we get from our township sayd you now need a permit for a home based business.
the way the township clean the leaves out of the road gutters is to have the guys blow them into our yards.
What kind of world would it be if we all could do what we really wanted anyway? Like do you think we should all be allowed to walk around our yards naked? Should you be able to raise livestock in a residential neighborhood?
and by the way I know Treeco's wife would kick his ass if he didn't keep the place tidy.

I don't think bringing this discussion to AS is really helping the situation. The OP (squirrell...?) oughta actually do something about the situation, rather than let us all argue about whether or not the slob next door has the right to be a slob. Our opinions in this matter aren't going to fix anything.

OP, go next door and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Then let us know how it turns out.

Sorry your house lost value, and sorry that guy made a mess you have to look at, and sorry that he may or may not be a scumbag. This guy has every right to conduct himself in a manner he sees fit, just as you do. If he is violating any local/municipal/regional/state/federal laws, then put the law to work for you. If he is not, deal with it or move on.

The only way to resolve this matter is to actually do something about it.

The OP kinda reminds me of of the people that buy a house next to an airport or train tracks and then complain about the noise.

Glad you are in new york and not Wisconsin.

Dont want to see other peoples junk. Move to a subdivision with covenants that prevent that kind of stuff or buy a large chunk of woods out in the country and slap your house in the middle of it.

The OP kinda reminds me of of the people that buy a house next to an airport or train tracks and then complain about the noise.

Glad you are in new york and not Wisconsin.

Dont want to see other peoples junk. Move to a subdivision with covenants that prevent that kind of stuff or buy a large chunk of woods out in the country and slap your house in the middle of it.

i purposely bought a house next to RxR tracks ,so i dont have neighbors,and i love the noise!

I think we just all should be happy that there are rules that prohibit me from walking around my yard naked. Ya'll too for that matter.

did ya research the neighborhood BEFORE you bought it? not drive to the house only looking from car. get out and talk to the people, talk to the local fuzz. if you didnt its your fault you made a bad investment! people suck! hell i have a neighbor that use to mow 5 foot of my yard cause "tall grass causes mice in his house". i mow my yard and ignore him even when he burns leaves in that 5 foot space. he sucks but im not screwin my marriage and my health up over crap as silly as that! love as always, pigpen

BlackenedTimber:
"I don't think bringing this discussion to AS is really helping the situation. The OP (squirrell...?) oughta actually do something about the situation, rather than let us all argue about whether or not the slob next door has the right to be a slob. Our opinions in this matter aren't going to fix anything."

Dead on & level headed, noted & well spoken. I really did not wish this to go in this direction.

tomtrees58:
11733 'Old Field South' north of 25A, the small sticks with big squirrels!

discounthunter:
Again - the situation since I purchased the property has become worse.

Mud23609:
Wisconsin? I drove from Grand Forks N.D. to Long Island N.Y. and stopped in Madison. The only time in my life my active duty issues were stolen while in the states, (Madison - Wisconsin)
Gorgeous state besides the fact.

I posted this thread to show the other side of the coin, with neighbors in close proximity, and a bad case scenerio to boot.

I started reading the thread
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=74451

Where else does a single thread have nearly 12K views on this site, it's a hot issue to say the least. One see's it one way, the other another (three times quick).

Let's talk chain saws, NHolz Hausens, turkeys' being done, my stomach is upside down already.

ok Suffolk county is easy on trucks here in nassau i am in glen cove you con not have trucks at your house or have more then 2 cords at your house:jawdrop: nice farm country thear tom trees:cheers:

Latest posts

Back