Michigan GTG June 3

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis Cahoon said:
Hey Rick...How about bumping up the size of the wood to 20" for the bike saws and I'll try to gather up some of the West Coaster's and make a road trip. Even if I can't make it, I'll send a couple of saws for somebody to run.
Any of those bull$hitting Canadian Culls coming? Hahahaha!

Dennis, I talked with Cliff last night and he said he has no problem with bigger would for the bike saws.He said he would make it 20" We have a few Canadians coming as of now.The Ebars are coming they are very good.

Thanx Rick

This should be great! I only live a couple hours to the south. I have seen the Helsels and the Ebars at our local contest, in Newaygo at the logging festival in the fall. I ran my antique saw there long ago when they still ran that class, but the chamber of commerce doesnt have that any more. It was kinda an end of the season showing and we would get a lot of talent from both "the bush" as well as professionals from ESPN and Stihl timber sports showing up. Very laid back and the guys seemed to be a lot more mellowed out than at the major competitions.

How bout camping? I should have my camper back to gether by then and would just make a weekend out of it with the family. leaving them at the local camp ground at night to talk with the fellas at night of course!

Oh yeah, Go Rangers! My SIL and BIL were teachers there for a couple years.

This is gona take place at a big camp ground.So there will be no problem with parking. This camp ground has cabins they rent if any body is interested Let me know I will post the phone #.It also has lots of camp sites.

Rick

jokers said:
June 3rd huh? What happened to May?

Russ

We have the show at Webster in May.We thought that the weather would be better in june. But hope you can make it Russ. Dont make me come find you!!(LOL) We tried to make a May date it just would not work. Sorry.

Rick

This is Gypo porting

I'm guessing it will be okay for some average Joe's to show up with saws too. I doubt I'll be in the competitions, because all my saws are not only 'stock appearing', but in fact stock! Do you plan to have any large logs (over 25") just for demonstration? I was thinking it would be nice to have one anyway to run some big bars into, like the 42" on my 1-76. If you like, I may be able to haul one in approx 30" dia. 10' long that the sawmill didn't want to take.

Hay can I come I live down by lansing, I dont have any cool race saws but maybe by then I mite have my 7900 going.... I been waiting to go to one since i was like 12 years old and seen it on the TV.

saws43 said:
do you expect ehp to reply?

Hey John, I dont think he will reply! But to get this on a better note,The pipes Cliff gets from you are sure working out good. Are you gonna make it?

Thanks
Rick

will it cost anything to come? If not do want any type of donation to help out? I`d like to try and make it.

sh25 said:
will it cost anything to come? If not do want any type of donation to help out? I`d like to try and make it.

It dont cost nothing, Plus every one is welcome.

Rick

I have been wanting to go to one of these since I found the site I will be there. Thanks for putting it on. Im will probably bring the whole family. I cant wait. Will there be a way to get directions?
jason

Back