Michigan GTG (Let's have a real one)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HELSEL

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
What does everyone think about having a GTG in Michigan. This could take place in early spring, we could have several different classes. We could have class for woodstock saws, a class for stock appearing saws, a class for modified saws, a class for open chainsaws and a class for bikes. In the woodstock class, first place would be a new chainsaw and cash prizes for all the other classes. We could also do some bowsawing, cross cutting, chopping and who knows if enough people show up maybe even the water boil and axe throw. This is an open invitation for anyone that wants to come, we want the wood to suit everyone, reply if interested.

Rick

HELSEL said:
What does everyone think about having a GTG in Michigan. This could take place in early spring, we could have several different classes. We could have class for woodstock saws, a class for stock appearing saws, a class for modified saws, a class for open chainsaws and a class for bikes. In the woodstock class, first place would be a new chainsaw and cash prizes for all the other classes. We could also do some bowsawing, cross cutting, chopping and who knows if enough people show up maybe even the water boil and axe throw. This is an open invitation for anyone that wants to come, we want the wood to suit everyone, reply if interested.

Rick
Bring your own fuel.

Rick

kf_tree said:
oh it's going to take alot of fuel.........

Total Est. Time: 12 hours, 54 minutes Total Est. Distance: 822.57 miles

Were gona try to get some guys from the west coast.I think it will be fun.

Thanks Rick

Could y'all set up a classic saw class? if I can make it, I'll try to get my 7G going good, and bring a few of my classics to demonstrate. this year, I'll probably be able to make it since I've got some extra funding, and a more reliable truck now.

Lawn Masters. You know dam (it won't let me spell it right) well you're not gonna show up. You have been invited to several of these and airfare was even offered once.

kf_tree said:
oh it's going to take alot of fuel.........

Total Est. Time: 12 hours, 54 minutes Total Est. Distance: 822.57 miles

Maybe there`s a chance that you and I could split the bill Ken, shoot we could even pick up John and then you and I would only have to pay 25% each. ;)

Russ

My distance is:

Total Est. Time: 7 hours, 9 minutes Total Est. Distance: 453.60 miles

I am will not confirm attendence at this point but I will say it is under serious consideration depending on the April date in regards to Easter.

Bill

sedanman said:
Lawn Masters. You know dam (it won't let me spell it right) well you're not gonna show up. You have been invited to several of these and airfare was even offered once.

Paul,

I agree. I have not seen him at Baraboo which is closer at centered around vintage classes.

Bill

Who's going from the west coast? I'm out of the game for sure, I'm looking at back surgery, son of a b. But that wouldn't stop my saw from possibly making a showing. I wanna know what she's capable of. JP

Well, this year, I'm making an attempt to get there. this year, I've got a decent truck, that ACTUALLY goes somewhere. if I can get there, I'll do it. if not, well, you can figure it out.

bwalker said:
Is Slozer Dud, Woodsjunkie and the rest of the Klingons going to be there? Is manton By Cadillac?
Ben, I don't think you'll see "Those Are Glans", going to any Helsel GTG after the way he tried to ride on Cliff's and Rick's shirt tails just to get at Ed.
Check out the bad things he says about AS. Then he expects to be one of us??
Go figure!
John
http://gympyclimber/terdhouser/viewtopic.php?t=2850&start=120

jokers said:
Maybe there`s a chance that you and I could split the bill Ken, shoot we could even pick up John and then you and I would only have to pay 25% each. ;)

Russ
Russ, it looks like it's the same distance to Rick's from me as it is to your place, so yes, scoot over this way and we'll all chip in for benzine.
John

Hey Gypho, Your link nots working.
Ben, I don't think you'll see "Those Are Glans", going to any Helsel GTG after the way he tried to ride on Cliff's and Rick's shirt tails just to get at Ed.
I was kind of hoping for a steel cage match between Rick, Cliff, Big Dave, Dudley and Eric.

I wouldnt miss this for anything!

I offer no competition, no crazy geeked up saws unless I get out to the garage and get to work, and no grudge match with anyone. I can work on that one too I guess. I just wanna sit back and watch the show.

This is gonna be better than a June fair with all the new carny brides to check out.

Hey I think you could have the Mini-mite competition that gypo thought up. All small saws, itty bitty as they come. I have a 33cc one round here somewhere. I wanna see an alky burnin mini spew its guts up.

Back