Michigan GTG (Let's have a real one)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys,
what exactly is a GTG? i kinda get the jest, but i have never been to one. and what does gtg stand for? is that a poor mans timbersports thing? im 643 mi south of manton mi and always looking for a worthy trip.

This GTG(get to gether) is gonna give all the guys that are trying to get started in the sport a chance to run there saws.We have a lot of world class lumberjacks that plan on comming.World class crosscut teams,world class bowsawers,World record hotsaws.We have some real good choppers coming.We even got a call from the west coast from a world class lumberjack that plans on comming.This should be a lot of fun for everyone.We will try to post a date in the next few days.

Thanks Rick

The sooner the better on the date but I still won`t know `til February if I`ll be coming out to the GTG.

Russ

We are trying to make this work for everyone. We would like to have the dates when it would be convinent for everyone. EHP what weekend do you have free in the spring? Chris Cicora how about you? We have alot of bowsawing, this should be right up your alley.

Thanks, Rick

Just got a call from EJ he is coming.He is bringing 2 bike saws,plus a load of mods.

Rick

Hi Rick, You might have seen me and my cousin Paul at the logging congress with our mac hotsaws a few times. This would be a fun time. Our macs don't keep up to your saws, but it's fun to make some noise with them. Would you be doing a hot or cold start in the events? My PS5100 should be broken-in by then, and I have a sweet little minimac for the mini contest. John B., the s44 hotsaw is still in a box! A couple vintage classes would be great, maybe 5.0 and under, and 5.0 and up?
Scott Mueller

McC said:
Hi Rick, You might have seen me and my cousin Paul at the logging congress with our mac hotsaws a few times. This would be a fun time. Our macs don't keep up to your saws, but it's fun to make some noise with them. Would you be doing a hot or cold start in the events? My PS5100 should be broken-in by then, and I have a sweet little minimac for the mini contest. John B., the s44 hotsaw is still in a box! A couple vintage classes would be great, maybe 5.0 and under, and 5.0 and up?
Scott Mueller

Yes I remember you guys you run a 101 right?Hope you can make it to Mich.We have been getting a lot of calls.A vintage class would be great.We use to have them at all our shows.They had to be 1960 or older,Some guys couldnt follow that rule so we stopped. :laugh:

Rick

if anyone would be kind enough to PM or email me the details on when and where I'm going to be coming for sure. just give me the details.

Rick, will you be planning on any large wood classes? Like 20" stuff and up. I think that's more fun than the small stuff. I really liked it when I blew up TFJ's 084 in Caif. even though he was nice enough to let me use it.
Hahaha
John

Yes One guy from the west coast called and wanted big wood. and EJ has two bike saws so yes we will have big wood.

Rick

C'mon Scott, I keep waiting for you to finish that S44 up to give me some inspiration to do mine. I still have the 1-51 going. I think I'll have to wander out to the barage and put something back together so I have another really good reason to go and at least something to play with up there. Yeah I would like to see some of those old mac kart saws show up, what a hoot to watch.

Well John, this could be inspiration for me to get it done. Anyone have rings for a super 44? That's about all I need to finish it. klickitatsacket, it would be fun to run against Macs from the west coast. Guess I'll have to put on a longer bar and buy a chain for it.
Scott

Well we are still getting calls.The GTG will take place in may.The wood will be 10 in for the chainsaw classes.We will have big wood for the bikes.It should be alot of fun.Bowsawing,crosscut,axe throw,chopping

231-879-3985

Rick

smithm said:
Hey Rick, This is a question from a previous thread. Who do you sell logs to up there?

There are a lot of places to sell wood here. Depending on what you got.

Thanx Rick

Interested party here

If the chosen weekend works in my schedule, I'd be very interested to make the gathering. Its about three hours from home, and much less from my camp so I'd have convenient lodging. It certainly would be fun to meet some of the personalities from this discussion board and run a few of my McCullochs there.

Back