Michigan mini-GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some timed cuts:

GTG_31Small.jpg

GTG_32Small.jpg

GTG_33Small.jpg

Milling:

GTG_07Small.jpg

GTG_08Small.jpg

GTG_10Small.jpg

GTG_11Small.jpg

Okok...I need to get on the ball...Ill get my pictures loaded and posted.

HEY STEVE...Ive got about 45 minutes of video. Its on Mini DV tape right now. I have no way to hosting it to a site. I can either transfer it over to VHS, or DVD, which do you want and Ill ship it to you so you can work your magic on it.

HELSEL said:
Well I made it home, There were a lot of nice saws there.I think there will be some videos later.

Rick :greenchainsaw:

Sorry Mark, We all had a great time,thank you for having us.The food was great. Tell the lady's I said thank you they did a great job with the food. I am still full.I think it would be great place for another GTG.We are having a race here in Manton on Labor day you guys are all more than welcome to come.There is going to be alot of world class sawer's there.Mark I am sure I can get a spot to do some carving. Let me know if you want in.

Rick

This was a ton of fun, Sorry to anyone that missed it. I look forward to the next time that we all can get together and play like kids. I think we learned some valuable stuff- I'm going to work on some chains(thanks Risk,LOL).
Thanks to all that came, My door is always open to you!
Rick- you sure do have the baddest saws I've seen, Thanks for coming by and showing us what it's all about. It was fun.You and your crew are a bunch of very nice gentlemen.
We will be doing this again - don't miss next time.
Mark

Well, I thought I had more still shots. I was tied up quite a bit running the video camera.

For those who are interested in some times....These are all 2 cuts, one down, one up.

The 7900 went through in just over 5 seconds, the 460 went through in around 6. 20" bar, 3/8 50 gauge RM, new out of the box.

The 026 pro and the 260 were both right at 11 seconds. 16" .325 63 gauge RS.

The fastest time was Ricks 3120, 2.2 seconds.

The slowest was Marks 200, 21 seconds.

For anyone comparing the 395 and the 066, they were almost dead on. I think the 395 was 5.65, and the 066 was 5.22. Both were wearing 20" 3/8 50 gauge. I can get these times when I watch the video. I got footage of almost every saw run today, except that piped 3120, I could hardly stand next to it, and didnt want to blow up the mike in the camera. Rick was so fast with the cut I didnt have a chance to push the record button or get my hearing protection on!!

EDIT: the carved mushroom on the ground took Mark roughly 12 minutes from start to finish. I have the entire process on tape.

Last edited:
carvinmark said:
This was a ton of fun, Sorry to anyone that missed it. I look forward to the next time that we all can get together and play like kids. I think we learned some valuable stuff- I'm going to work on some chains(thanks Risk,LOL).
Thanks to all that came, My door is always open to you!
Rick- you sure do have the baddest saws I've seen, Thanks for coming by and showing us what it's all about. It was fun.You and your crew are a bunch of very nice gentlemen.
We will be doing this again - don't miss next time.
Mark

Definetely should be a next time. It was awesome to meet you Mark. You too Rick, you gave us all something to aspire to!!

CaseyForrest said:
Well, I thought I had more still shots. I was tied up quite a bit running the video camera.

For those who are interested in some times....These are all 2 cuts, one down, one up.

The 7900 went through in just over 5 seconds, the 460 went through in around 6. 20" bar, 3/8 50 gauge RM, new out of the box.

The 026 pro and the 260 were both right at 11 seconds. 16" .325 63 gauge RS.

The fastest time was Ricks 3120, 2.2 seconds.

The slowest was Marks 200, 21 seconds.

For anyone comparing the 395 and the 066, they were almost dead on. I think the 395 was 5.65, and the 066 was 5.22. Both were wearing 20" 3/8 50 gauge. I can get these times when I watch the video. I got footage of almost every saw run today, except that piped 3120, I could hardly stand next to it, and didnt want to blow up the mike in the camera. Rick was so fast with the cut I didnt have a chance to push the record button or get my hearing protection on!!

EDIT: the carved mushroom on the ground took Mark roughly 12 minutes from start to finish. I have the entire process on tape.
Casey,
Ricks 50 cc saw went thru in about the 2.2 seconds. I didn't get his 3120 timed but I'm sure it was under 1 second.
Mark

EDIT: the carved mushroom on the ground took Mark roughly 12 minutes from start to finish. I have the entire process on tape.[/QUOTE]

Casey,
It seemed more like an hour to me, Not used to doing them still attached to the log. Does that 200 scream or what!!!! Thanks brian,
Mark

Like watching Picasso Paint, time stood still!!!

HAHA..I wish I had the imagination to do that!!! Yeah...that 200 is a nice saw, Ill make sure to let Brian know how pleased you are with it.

CaseyForrest said:
LOL...WHOOPS!! Sorry Rick. Ill watch the video tomorrow and get the actual numbers for the saws.
I don't know what the times were. I know that the 3120 cut a 1.4 on 3 cuts before(hot start). We have cut .9 on 2 cuts lots of times just testing chains.I think the 181 stock appearing saw might have cut in the 2s. The 50 ran good but I don't think it was in the 2s. I think the world record for 3 cuts cold start is like 2.46 .

Rick

CaseyForrest said:
Like watching Picasso Paint, time stood still!!!

HAHA..I wish I had the imagination to do that!!! Yeah...that 200 is a nice saw, Ill make sure to let Brian know how pleased you are with it.
Thanks casey, I was in my element. A bunch of saw nuts and raw wood, what more could I ask for???
Mark

Back