MillerModSaws plays with 440R/046D Hybrid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never had to drill one of those either....
I don't like when someone tells me that I can't make a 5100 faster than a 346. And I don't like when people tell me that I can't make a saw fast with the equipped carb. So I've had to drill a couple.

Edit it wasn't you saying that I couldn't

I don't like when someone tells me that I can't make a 5100 faster than a 346. And I don't like when people tell me that I can't make a saw fast with the equipped carb. So I've had to drill a couple.

Edit it wasn't you saying that I couldn't

The 461 has a very small main jet........I've never been comfortable with that. They just seem staved for fuel till they are drilled out.

[/QUOTE]
I've seen some pretty outrageous saws run with those HDs without drilling. I personally like the Zama (not typically a Zama fan) on the 1128 saws. Drilling jets is the last thing I do to a carb. The first thing is understanding that ports will affect what may seem like carb issues. Intake duration at 156 should not be flowing enough to give you carb issues. I can think of 4 things that I can get more out of a carb without drilling. But I ruined a few carbs learning just the same as you are. You'll never know until you try it. I'm sorry for interrupting your thread. Hopefully we'll see your results soon enough. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message.
would u mind listing the 4 cuttinties? Thanks

would u mind listing the 4 cuttinties? Thanks
They were tricks shown to me by another builder. I'm not going to claim to have figured them out . I'll talk to him before I share anything. As much as everyone likes to share it just wouldn't be fair for me to give his tricks in the open forum if he'd rather keep them in his pocket so to speak. Take into consideration a lot money and time goes into finding gains. I'm not the smartest guy here. But I've learned many things through trial error and many of those experiences cost money. Education isn't free and experience isn't either. I will say that if you understand how carbs work there's a couple of obvious things that should come to mind when looking at one.

Ok I got a couple vids loading. You can here the difference in the saw. Holding the rpm much better. The first vid I had the rakers to grabby for this wood. But once I got it going you can see. Second vid is back to 28" bar. And you can see me play with leaning on it, pulling it threw and letting the saw do the work. Please throw your opinions out there. I think with just a tad more work this is gonna be a 24" bar machine. And plenty capable of pulling a 28" without a problem.

Latest posts

Back