Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great time today. After several hours in the sun I'll definitely sleep well tonight.

Some saws
image.jpg
More saws
image.jpg
Husky S2800 and saws
image.jpg
Old guy and Andy firing up.
image.jpg
Andy doing some noodling.
image.jpg
Andy and dieselfitter removing the clutch from my saw.
image.jpg
Husky S2800 and Fiskars chopping axe.
image.jpg
Some cookies.
image.jpg

I hope someone got a picture of Andy's stools.

Tim and Andy, I looked around to replace the faulty sprocket I brought with. Can still get a sprocket with bushing for $4 otherwise the one with needle bearing is $20 shipped. I guess I'll just do it right otherwise we'd end up machining the cheapo one again.

Also it appears they sell 91 chain in 50 or 52 link loops so 51 is a custom job. Not that I intend to use that saw very much anyhow.

Thanks to everyone for coming out today. The weather was perfect and I had a great time.
It was good to finally meet the Wendell LLC in person. Thanks for coming Steve and thanks for the cigar. I hope you didn't have any problems with the shortcut I recommended on your way home.
Thanks SVK for bringing the smoked fish, jalapeno jelly, crackers, cream cheese... It was awesome.
Thanks Andy for all the help getting wood in place for everyone to cut.
Bill, thanks for coming and for the cigars. I really enjoy hearing your stories and wish you lived closer so we could hang out more.
It was a pretty casual gathering. Sitting and enjoying good conversation and perfect weather.

Tim and Andy, I looked around to replace the faulty sprocket I brought with. Can still get a sprocket with bushing for $4 otherwise the one with needle bearing is $20 shipped. I guess I'll just do it right otherwise we'd end up machining the cheapo one again.

Also it appears they sell 91 chain in 50 or 52 link loops so 51 is a custom job. Not that I intend to use that saw very much anyhow.
No problem to shave the bushed drum or shorten chains. If you want, stop by and we'll get it done.

Someone say stool? Ya, I got a pic.. [emoji12]
de656b72e09726cf1cbcb378ad39dce1.jpg

Hello upper midwesterners!

Nice weather, hope to get into the woods this weekend after football games. Hopefully nobody made off with the stash of Norway splits I did this spring.

Last night I changed the battery in my Yukon. Andy had to give me a jump at the GTG because anytime you left the door open the dome lights would kill it in about 10 minutes. That makes the second vehicle of mine to get a new battery this week, so I guess when it rains, it pours.

Nice weather, hope to get into the woods this weekend after football games. Hopefully nobody made off with the stash of Norway splits I did this spring.

Last night I changed the battery in my Yukon. Andy had to give me a jump at the GTG because anytime you left the door open the dome lights would kill it in about 10 minutes. That makes the second vehicle of mine to get a new battery this week, so I guess when it rains, it pours.

Man I'm on the same road both my vehicles have weak Batts too. Interstate Batts are not what they use to be anymore

Latest posts

Back