Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5+ hours one way, I'd have to leave here at 3am. I can't leave the day before cause I'm busy. You coming to drive for me and haul my splitter up and back? I'd love to be there, but I didn't see this date soon enough and I got things I'm trying to get done before winter hits.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Careful with the ladders!

I hear ya. We're not big ladder fans.. But all went swimmingly. Here's a couple more pics, and I've got a video from both directions..

Trying to select just the right saw... It's a big decision
2ce21901818f1dccb35746fb29e29d67.jpg

38bb6b8955f0bf9b7073aae1452208fd.jpg

Careful with the ladders!

I did not appreciate how bad things could go with a tree and a ladder until I warched murphy4trees video:

Now, if I can't reach it with a pole saw . . . .

Philbert

Nonsense. Ladders are always safe. I usually like to set my ladder up on top of something else, like the rack of the four wheeler or on the tailgate of the Jeep. It's fun to take chances sometime.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Trying to select just the right saw... It's a big decision

That's a real 'decision tree'!

Nonsense. Ladders are always safe. I usually like to set my ladder up on top of something else, like the rack of the four wheeler or on the tailgate of the Jeep.

It's spelled D-A-R-W-I-N . . . .

Philbert

Sense the subject right now seems to be ladders and tree felling... Has anyone ever used a bottle jack to drop a tree?
I am by no means an experience tree feller but I have fell quite a few before, I just have a huge oak to drop on my property and was just wondering how the bottle jack way works if anyone has done it before. Or if I should stay away from felling it this way.

Sense the subject right now seems to be ladders and tree felling... Has anyone ever used a bottle jack to drop a tree?
I am by no means an experience tree feller but I have fell quite a few before, I just have a huge oak to drop on my property and was just wondering how the bottle jack way works if anyone has done it before. Or if I should stay away from felling it this way.
Since*

yes, you need a large, thick plate top and bottom of the jack. 50 ton or bigger depending on size and lean of tree.

Nope, its leaning to the right, I'm just nervous of the limbs on the left. It's in the woods, I'm dropping one tree for sure so it doesn't get hung up in but otherwise its clear. This is by far the biggest tree I will fell, but to you guys its probably not a big deal. Lol

Back