Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That happens too!.

What I was thinking is that it looks like the upper right portion of the tree looks dead (in the photo; Post #5097), and maybe even rotten. This can break off when cutting into the trunk or driving wedges, long before the tree falls.

Philbert
Oh OK yes I have heard of that happening too. I think what you might be seeing is a part where a branch broke off. It has had two bigger branch break off, I believe in storms but I'm not sure. But this tree is definitely dead, I believe oak wilt but I could be wrong

Wrap some ratchet straps around the main trunk and fell it like a regular tree. I have done that a few times and no ossues

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wanted to let anyone know who was willing to give me a hand felling that tree this Saturday, I will not be doing that. I will be going to pick up me free wood hauler truck instead. It's one of my brothers old work truck he wants gone. Ran when parked 6 months ago. 99 Chevy 3500 cube truck, planning on cutting the box off, to make a flat bed! May not be ideal, but its free[emoji106]

Wanted to let anyone know who was willing to give me a hand felling that tree this Saturday, I will not be doing that. I will be going to pick up me free wood hauler truck instead. It's one of my brothers old work truck he wants gone. Ran when parked 6 months ago. 99 Chevy 3500 cube truck, planning on cutting the box off, to make a flat bed! May not be ideal, but its free[emoji106]
Good deal! And a free storage shed too.

Hey. Does anyone want a 8hp, 28" Bolens slow thrower? Needs a carb cleaning and new throttle cable. Electric start motor has a cracked bracket but you could put a new motor on if you want. Free pickup from Lino Lakes or I'll deliver if you are close enough.

Hey. Does anyone want a 8hp, 28" Bolens slow thrower? Needs a carb cleaning and new throttle cable. Electric start motor has a cracked bracket but you could put a new motor on if you want. Free pickup from Lino Lakes or I'll deliver if you are close enough.
Free?! Lol, can't beat that, I'm good though. I'll have to pass on this.

Yes absolutely free.

I got it for free and now I have a atv plow in addition to my normal Ariens blower plus another scrounged blower that needs a recoil. A guy just runs out of room. Plus after getting a few gifts from members on here recently I need to make some deposits to the pay it forward bank!

Sounds like it would be great for somebody. I clean snow with like a 40 year old cub cadet garden tractor, that pushes snow like a tank! It wouldn't surprise me if it was a tank at somepoint.

Latest posts

Back