Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, its leaning to the right, I'm just nervous of the limbs on the left. It's in the woods, I'm dropping one tree for sure so it doesn't get hung up in but otherwise its clear. This is by far the biggest tree I will fell, but to you guys its probably not a big deal. Lol
Judging by the size differential of that tree to the others, once that one starts coming it's not stopping till it hits the ground.

That's a tree where you need to be extra careful about stuff hitting you in the head while you are working on it. Not all 'widow makers' are loose branches (I can see some of those); some break off while you are cutting or driving wedges.

Be careful.

Philbert
I have never thought about it hitting other branches on the way down. But makes sense!

Also located close to you if you need a hand. Not sure what I have going on that day. I could bring the 660 with 32" bar or 28" bar. Have hard hat just in case. I'm in Lino lakes/Circle Pines

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Also located close to you if you need a hand. Not sure what I have going on that day. I could bring the 660 with 32" bar or 28" bar. Have hard hat just in case. I'm in Lino lakes/Circle Pines

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
That's great! I've got a hard hat too! My saw might be the only thing holding me back a bit, at least the bar, I just have a ported 372 with 24"... I need a bigger saw[emoji12]

I have never thought about it hitting other branches on the way down.
That happens too!.

What I was thinking is that it looks like the upper right portion of the tree looks dead (in the photo; Post #5097), and maybe even rotten. This can break off when cutting into the trunk or driving wedges, long before the tree falls.

Philbert

Back