Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy, I will keep an eye out in the area for anything. If you could get me a list of models it would help too, I know a few saw guys and shops in the area and can get a list passed around. Serial # would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

442ef78e93760e7e69abeea2d2ba13ff.jpg
828125e29b0f2790b804a73ab879dda4.jpg
. After pics

From the Hills

Oh Man!! That's really sad, I'm so feeling your pain! Any ideas yet what exactly happened?

I think I wood be puking my guts out if that happened to my shop! I'm so sorry for you guys!

It does make us sick and causes one to ask many questions, but it can't be undone and we just have to focus on the future. Thankful for many things........no one was hurt, not any livestock or pets and the house is OK. Pretty helpless feelings and a lot of tears shed at least on the inside. Most things can be replaced, but there were a lot of irreplacable items.
Tractor, auto, and chainsaw books and manuals, repair records and items that were some of our Granpas tools and belongings, etc, etc.
TIME TO REBUILD.

It does make us sick and causes one to ask many questions, but it can't be undone and we just have to focus on the future. Thankful for many things........no one was hurt, not any livestock or pets and the house is OK. Pretty helpless feelings and a lot of tears shed at least on the inside. Most things can be replaced, but there were a lot of irreplacable items.
Tractor, auto, and chainsaw books and manuals, repair records and items that were some of our Granpas tools and belongings, etc, etc.
TIME TO REBUILD.
Good way of putting it! Way to be positive, don't get any where being negative about everything

Wow. That sucks. Glad everyone was OK, sounds like?

We're all ok. Not exactly the way we wanted to start off Christmas.

Good way of putting it! Way to be positive, don't get any where being negative about everything

Dad was pretty down for a few days after the fire, he had been saving a lot of stuff for years for retirement (he's been retired for over a year now), still had to do some shelving/organizing/finishing on the inside of the garage yet. Told him we can start over and build it all at once, how we want to now, and have all the time to do it too. And in the end, even if it's something that has a lot of sentimental value that sucks losing it, it's material possessions that we could replace and can't take with us anyways. Really makes you realize how easily one can take things for granted and to be thankful for what you have.

TIME TO REBUILD.

Very true. I hope it goes as easy as it can for you and yours.

It's situations like these that don't build character, but define them.

So sorry to hear about your misfortunes. If you need help you know where to find us. Don't hesitate to ask. I know you had said that your maybe not going to have the GTG. Can I suggest that you still have one? I know this is all fresh and you need some time to get stuff sorted out but maybe there would be a way that we could help you. It might just be good to have us all get together just to have a little feeling of normalcy. Again if you need anything, please ask. I know its hard to ask for help, I struggle with it, but you have friends here and that's what friends are for.

So sorry to hear about your misfortunes. If you need help you know where to find us. Don't hesitate to ask. I know you had said that your maybe not going to have the GTG. Can I suggest that you still have one? I know this is all fresh and you need some time to get stuff sorted out but maybe there would be a way that we could help you. It might just be good to have us all get together just to have a little feeling of normalcy. Again if you need anything, please ask. I know its hard to ask for help, I struggle with it, but you have friends here and that's what friends are for.
Amen to that. Couldn't have said it better. You know where we are, hoskys. We are here for you!!

Thanks so much Andy and Sarah. Our initial thought was; well , there goes the Spring GTG! The more I think about it and mull things over in my mind I agree, Andy, it would help to have a felling of normalcy and just to overcome the situation and not let this misfortune spoil the plans.
We have already been talking to Mike about getting the quonset building ready or using the big machine shed or........something. Things may not be quite as warm or organized etc., etc., but we still desire to have the GTG in April, so don't scratch it off the calendars just yet!

On the fire note, dad's shop burned the ground 2 days before this past Christmas, there's almost nothing left of the building, nor do they know what started it either. Parents got woken up about midnight by some loud noise, looked out the window and the shed was 3/4 engulfed in flames. The shed was about 200 ft. away from the house so it did not affect the house. Insurance co. gave us the ok to go digging though the pile but a proper inventory and clean-up will have to wait until spring now. Dealing with these situations are not fun at all.
Sorry to hear.

Back