Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could use a break and mend for sure. My dealer just charged me way too much to spin up some 92DL loops from some clearance RS chain they had laying around. Could have bought a couple of those for what they charged me.

How well do these work? 3/8 LP, .325, 3/8, .404 ?

I have a good breaker, but need a spinner. Is the NT one worth it, or is it typical china HF quality?
Where get the links and rivets?
I might only use it a couple times a year, but have some uses. I would not spend $40, but $15 I could see, if it works.

The Granberg hand held tool, IMO, is not a substitute for a decent, bench top spinner and breaker. It is OK for occasional use, and nice to have as a field tool. I have one, but would not recommend it for someone making loops off of a roll on a regular basis.

That said, if you can find one of the clearance ones, it might be worth trying for what you describe. You should be able to get your money back on Craig'sList or the Trading Post if you don't like it - low risk investment.

The Granberg Break-N-Mend is made in the USA if than makes a difference.

I order Oregon/Carlton presets and tie straps from Bailey's, usually when I am placing another order. I get STIHL parts from my local STIHL dealer. You can sometimes find chain parts on eBay, or other mail order places.

Philbert

Let's find a time to meet up guys. I'll bring my muff modded/Chinese cylinder 350 also and we can have a midweight shootout.

Jim, would you be up to driving a bit north of Minneapolis yo Lino Lakes? Looks like it's about 2:30 from you.

Wish I was closer. I'm a big fan of hot 45-50cc saws. We visit my in-laws lake place near Battle Lake, MN every summer. My NE 346xp might need a road trip.

Back