Mint 090

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blsnelling
Boy O Boy I sure hope this saw meets his expectations or I'll be :censored: toast
What a piece of crap, lol:greenchainsaw:

I see that it is delivered. Where are the pics and video, man?:)

Yes it is, and it's a thing of beauty! I just ground off about half of the teeth left on the original chisel chain, setting the rakers, and cleaning out the gullets. I'm fixing to go mount the B&C, warm it up, tune it to specs on 32:1 Klotz R50 and get you guys a video:)

stinkbait

stinkbait

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yes it is, and it's a thing of beauty! I just ground off about half of the teeth left on the original chisel chain, setting the rakers, and cleaning out the gullets. I'm fixing to go mount the B&C, warm it up, tune it to specs on 32:1 Klotz R50 and get you guys a video:)

Hurry up! I have to leave work early today, and won't be able to watch it until Monday if I miss it now.

Dibbs

Dibbs

ArboristSite Guru
I'm waiting for a it to be ''snellerized''!!!!

I think that might be kind of sacreligous, don't you think? I sure wouldn't want to hurt it.

Heres another photo
stuffz230.jpg

The best thing about sacrilege is that you can always repent later!
Take my 090 for instance, I had it at 210 psi cold after a bout of sacrilege with the cylinder in a four jaw chucked lathe.
I repented and brought it to a more "reasonable" level.
I'll see your 150 and raise you 40!

attachment.php

Lovely saw Brad, congratulations on joining the 090 club!

blsnelling
You can sure tell I don't have any experience running this saw, lol. You'll just have to forgive my inexperience. Carb setting specs on this saw are 11,000 with the governor disabled. I have it set at 10,600. With the governor enabled it should be tuned to 7,500-8,000. I'm only turning 6,xxx. It's making the saw very difficult to cut with. I have to put way more load on the saw than I should have to in order to get it to clean out and run right. That's also what's making it surge up and down. For the last two cuts I disabled the governor and you can finally see what it should run like. I'll get the governor adjusted shortly.

Also, this is not a good noodle making saw. It packs up very easily. Oh well, who cares anyway? The saw starts like a dream. I haven't even used the decomp yet. It idles as slow as mollasses in January and has good throttle response. I'm VERY happy with my new "toy":)

You'll have to give it a few more minutes to finish processing on their end.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cHW8u2qmTOI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cHW8u2qmTOI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>