Mislead Homeowner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know if anyone mentioned this or not, but with a few coats of polyurethane, that would make a nice looking simulated burl gearshift knob.

Im sure there are plenty of saws like it in all brands that look like it...

Just Is No Excuse For Poor Maintenance.....

Last edited:
That is the problem with box stores the products may be good but the sales people dont know beeeeep. I walked in and got sales pitches then end up testing their knowledge and found them to be very uninformed. The companies should give people a course on there product so they can be more informed.:clap:

dust

I like the saws that when you remove the air filter cover all you see is a block of sawdust.

"Clean the Air filter, what air filter?"

i believe anybody that has spent any amount of time repairing saws has heard that more than once. NOT brand specific.:monkey:

I like the saws that when you remove the air filter cover all you see is a block of sawdust.

"Clean the Air filter, what air filter?"

i believe anybody that has spent any amount of time repairing saws has heard that more than once. NOT brand specific.:monkey:

But the other side of the coin is, guy that blows holes
in the filter with air hose and thinks the screen wire
will do the job.

That is the problem with box stores the products may be good but the sales people dont know beeeeep. I walked in and got sales pitches then end up testing their knowledge and found them to be very uninformed. The companies should give people a course on there product so they can be more informed.:clap:

Yes, that is true.....

...but it usually helps to read the user manual.......:)

REMEMBER Homelite & McCulloch ? ----They where sold in box stores.Just a matter of time for the big "H" ! Now day it is just" Build more Cheaper".
----Thats all I got to say!.-----:angry2:

LOL .........Troll only buys the best saws in his mind.......Be careful or you'll get him complaining about handle bar angle.....:dizzy: :dizzy:

YES!:givebeer: :givebeer:

- why not????? :cheers:

The 353 was the last "compromize", and now have status as my potential loaner saw - not used in more than a year, if memory serves....

Last edited:
4 tanks of straight gas at WOT & it runs great with 130# comp... & a mildy scuffed pison.

Sorry, but I call BS

Some of the biggest bunch of BS I have ever heard.

I guess since Echo equpment is superior to anything out there, that they can handle this sort of thing.

What model Poulan is the 55R based on anyway ??

Or did they steal the design from Echo.

I know that Ive only had 2 Echo's come in that were beyond repair.

One had been used commercially for a year with no air filter installed, and one had been run on straight gas. Both blew 70psi, and started easily, and ran fine, but bogged when they warmed.

Customers bought new ones without a 2nd thought.

Boss said that at an Echo "expo" they took 3 NEW identical SRM-210's.

Taped the throttles wide open on all 3.

the first one they tapped the air vents up, all over, they went through a ton of tape making sure the thing couldnt breath. Filled it with 50:1 mix gas, Echo power blend.

The 2nd one was filled with 50:1 mix of gas/ sae30 motor oil.

The 3rd one was filled with straight gas.

All 3 were cranked and set outside to run with line installed.

They all ran out of gas about the same time, 1 tank...Then they were filled a 2nd time...the first 2 ran the whole time they were there...only stopping momentarily to refuel. The 3rd one seized after 2 tanks. IT cooled, unstuck, and refired, and ran through a 3rd tank...and seized. Cooled, refired and ran through a 4th tank, and seized again.

All in all it seized 4 times...the other 2 kept running.

After it was all done, they compression tested all 3, and the first 2 still tested at new compression levels. The 3rd one was like 130.

As they were leaving they offered the 3rd one to my boss "if he wanted it"...so he accepted.

He took it, pulled it apart and found a mildly scuffed piston...he put it together, added mixed gas, and we are still using it to trim around the shop every week...runs like new with a ton of power, just like a new one.

Echo Trimmers are some tough SOB's. just like their saws, which dont get any love.

4 tanks of straight gas at WOT & it runs great with 130# comp... & a mildy scuffed pison.

Sorry, but I call BS

Some of the biggest bunch of BS I have ever heard.

I guess since Echo equpment is superior to anything out there, that they can handle this sort of thing.

What model Poulan is the 55R based on anyway ??

Or did they steal the design from Echo.

I will agree Echo has a lot of equipment that doesnt get due credit. I have seen quite a few trimmers with straight gas ran through them, and they still run good. The SRM 2400 I have was this way, so I got it real cheap. I never even took the cylinder off it. My 260 is a runnin u-no-what. I have run a few of their saws as well, and I liked them. I dont believe anyone said Echo was superior to anything out there, but it sure as hell aint junk either. 4 tanks of straight gas seems a stretch, but who knows?

Well I dont care is anyone thinks 2 tanks of straight gas is BS...because Ive seen the trimmer, Ive used it...it works and it works well. Echo is TOUGH stuff.

Today we had a PB-200 come in with 80psi...piston was BLACK. But no scoring on the piston or cylinder. Straight gas in the tank.

So it will be getting a new piston and rings. My boss looked at the piston and said "damn it took a long time to do this"///:jawdrop:

XXXXX, you are an idiot. Yes, you are. Getting tired of your stupid bichhin about Stihls. I know the 026 dont have the best filtration, but you have nothing but mouth-farting to say about anything but what you have. Grow up. Offer some good information for once. Jesus.

Now Bowtie,
You should be ashamed of yourself picking on somebody in such a way. Some Husky owners are just like that, they can't help it. Didn't Momma teach you not to pick on the handi-capped? BTW, that's the reason I own so many Stihls because I really enjoy cleaning air filters. The only bad thing is when I wear it out from all the cleaning I have to go to a dealer for a replacement, not to the local big box store. I've never experienced so many supposed adults ripping on others for their personal preferences. The aforementioned can also cut the BS about it being "All in Jest" or "Good Natured Ribbing". It's only a thinly veiled excuse for being rude. Again, I said "Some" so this clearly falls under "If the Shoe Fits, Wear It" Rule.

Now Bowtie,
You should be ashamed of yourself picking on somebody in such a way. Some Husky owners are just like that, they can't help it. Didn't Momma teach you not to pick on the handi-capped? BTW, that's the reason I own so many Stihls because I really enjoy cleaning air filters. The only bad thing is when I wear it out from all the cleaning I have to go to a dealer for a replacement, not to the local big box store. I've never experienced so many supposed adults ripping on others for their personal preferences. The aforementioned can also cut the BS about it being "All in Jest" or "Good Natured Ribbing". It's only a thinly veiled excuse for being rude. Again, I said "Some" so this clearly falls under "If the Shoe Fits, Wear It" Rule.

Ashamed? Nope.

Back