Mn/Wi/Ia/Up GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here is some of the pics that I've got. And let me say "Thanks" again to all who came.
FallGTG09034-1.jpg

FallGTG09013.jpg

Boyd brought along the Timberwolf splitter.
FallGTG09014.jpg

Grizz and Redlinefever on the "attack"
FallGTG09023.jpg

Heavy Fuel and Wdchuck racing with Steve and Redlinefever watching on.
FallGTG09036.jpg

Wetgunpowder after his wife said he could stay longer!
FallGTG09037.jpg

Who needs a polesaw when Ryan is around.:clap:
FallGTG09038.jpg

Woodyman trying my 7900 with the square loop on.
FallGTG09039.jpg

Thanks for another great GTG J.D. it was alot of fun.I wanted to beat Jon and his ported 2156 with my ported 359 but a tie is better than losing.I will be setting my sights on you and your 7900 in the spring with my ported 371XP:hmm3grin2orange:J.D. you sholdn't have showed me how you do your square race chain:clap:

Thanks for another great GTG J.D. it was alot of fun.I wanted to beat Jon and his ported 2156 with my ported 359 but a tie is better than losing.I will be setting my sights on you and your 7900 in the spring with my ported 371XP:hmm3grin2orange:J.D. you sholdn't have showed me how you do your square race chain:clap:

I'm going to have to do a little more testing with that oddball chain. That stuff cut alot better than I thought it would.

You don't think I told you "all" my secrets do you?:jawdrop::cheers:

So.... you guys had a testosterone filled weekend, hum? Hope you are extra nice to your spouses or significant others now that you are home! :jester: Hopefully hubby & I can come to your Spring GTG and show proper thanks for all your kindness.

Shari
(& John, on what seems like a tempory leave from a hospital bed, waves "Hi, guys!" in the background)

So.... you guys had a testosterone filled weekend, hum? Hope you are extra nice to your spouses or significant others now that you are home! :jester: Hopefully hubby & I can come to your Spring GTG and show proper thanks for all your kindness.

Shari
(& John, on what seems like a tempory leave from a hospital bed, waves "Hi, guys!" in the background)

Tell John to keep getting better.

I have to be extra nice to my wife for a while as she spent alot of friday cleaning up my shop while I was working and it was her birthday also.:clap::clap::clap::clap:

David Bradley 77cc

This saw was/is (possession is at times 9/10th of the law) my FILs. When I got it it was locked up. I thought for sure that the cylinder was rusted. Well, I got the bug at the GTG to get it running. I hadn't touched it besides just moving it around....
FallGTG09043.jpg

Well...The recoil needed work. The rope wouldn't "recoil". Taking the flywheel shroud off to get the recoil off, I found some "non-chainsaw" stuff. The mice had been busy and had built a nest. I took the saw over to the garabge can and did some home wrecking. I got the saw back to the bench and grabed the flywheel for some reason and it turned! The nest was the reason the saw was stuck! Next was to check for spark..............NO SPARK!!!!!!!!! Older saws have points which over time get dirty and no more spark. So, the flywheel had to come off to get access to them. Points cleaned and spark was restored!

The recoil needed a bit more work. The end of the spring had broken off. I heated the end of the spring and bent a new end on it. Now the recoil was doing it's job once again!

A bit off mix down the carb and I heard the saw bark! A bit more work with some mix in the tank and I had it running! I think I spent about 2 hours on it.

Gramps. Thanks for the GTG! BJ and Kip and I had a great time.

I'm going to have to do a little more testing with that oddball chain. That stuff cut alot better than I thought it would.

You don't think I told you "all" my secrets do you?:jawdrop::cheers:

Gramps... Did you try ripping with that chain? Looking at it the "regular" looking teeth look like they are perpendicular to the bar or 0 angle. It might do a good job ripping.

Just a thought.

Dan

Well me and the wifvey made it home !!!!!!!!! Had to stop at the aunt and uncle's before we got home. Thanks to JD and jon for the bed and entertainment and the eats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Boyd for the goodies and everything else !!!! And everybody that showed up had a great time and will be back for the spring one!! I will try to get the pics up tommorrow !!!! Maybe I can get the wife involed next year. I should have something special next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE MAD SCIENTIST WILL BE HARD AT WORK:chainsaw::chainsaw::clap:

Well me and the wifvey made it home !!!!!!!!! Had to stop at the aunt and uncle's before we got home. Thanks to JD and jon for the bed and entertainment and the eats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Boyd for the goodies and everything else !!!! And everybody that showed up had a great time and will be back for the spring one!! I will try to get the pics up tommorrow !!!! Maybe I can get the wife involed next year. I should have something special next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE MAD SCIENTIST WILL BE HARD AT WORK:chainsaw::chainsaw::clap:

Glad you made it home safe Ryan. I'm sure glad you made the trip up. If the word gets out that you are bringing more of that smoked pork butt to the spring GTG, we might run out of room!! That stuff and the brats were great.:clap:

Latest posts

Back