Mn/Wi/Ia/Up GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw you guys are really breaking my eggs, and just when I have a whole group of saws that will actually start...

Be careful, have fun, and take lots of pictures please!

Mark

P.S. Take a piece of rabbit early, after it's been warming on the grill all day it gets a bit tough

Have Fun!

Sounds like it's going to be an awesome GTG. Should be quite the Dolmar fest. . . . Hang in there woodyman - - - maybe I'll be able to make the next one and offer some reinforcement to the Husky brand.

Have fun guys and post a lot of photos!

Al :cheers:

Well, my Stihl RSC vs LGX comparison is shot in the buttocks. Friendly local Stihl dealer who shall remain nameless was gonna make me up a 64DL, but when I went to pick it up today, it turns out the bulk chain on the roll in the back room is Oregon, even though there isn't a single loop of Oregon on display in the store! I do have loops of both on the 7300, but neither are new, so probably more of a comparison of the caveman on the grinder than anything else.

If that's the worst that can happen on Friday the 13th, I'll take it. Well that and the screen on my Blackberry taking a crap, but that's almost a monthly thing. My commo tomorrow will be some kick butt 80's technology Nokia.

Just hiked out to the back 40 and got the truck and loaded her up. You'll probably see me sometime between 8-9 tomorrow. With this mist and drizzle, it could get foggy tonight. Does this mean Wdchuck is on the way?

Current passengers are 7300, 5100 and little bitty 280E Echo. Stihl 290 is working tomorrow with little brother, and 271 Olympik wouldn't start. I'll look at it a bit in the morning before I leave.

Camera is ready, with spare batteries and 2 empty memory sticks. Plenty of pics and videos will be shot.

Sorry guys can't make it this time. Wife is do with are second child on the 26th of this month. She hasn't been feeling right lately so I had better stick around just in case the storke wants to make a visit.

There is one in the spring usually right?

Have fun stay safe.

Beefie

attachment.php
We are figuring around 8-9 or so to start cutting and BSing and racing around noon or so. Redlinefever has already made it here.
J.D. I would think you ,Jon and redlinefever would have all the cutting done with all them Stihl's,Dolmar's and the red ones you got over there so we could just BS and race or I could come a few minutes early and do it with my 336
attachment.php
:hmm3grin2orange: How do you like the bike J.D.,my brother picked it up a month ago,I think 3 years old with 1,200 miles on it.It's a Honda twin 1300cc and I forgot the model.He won't till me how much he piad for it.:clap:

7:40 am, and foggy here. Anyone heard from Wdchuck?:D

Couple quick chores to take care of and I'll be pointed north. ETA about 9.

As they say in NASCAR, Boogity, Boogity, Boogity!

I'm running a little behind schedule waiting for a guy to show up and look at a truck I'm trying to sell.:cry:

Hopefully I won't be waiting all day for another Craigslist no-show.

Hey Boyd, the new hat fits a little tight, and I couldn't find an owner's manual for it. Can you help?

Maybe my head just swelled up from having the smallest saw there, but not the slowest time!

Headed to the local watering hole to tell some chainsaw stories, and maybe get a hangover that will keep me at the computer posting pics and videos all day instead of cutting wood.

BTW thanks again WetGunPowder (Boyd) for bringing the 5105 and the 2153 up for us!

We are figuring around 8-9 or so to start cutting and BSing and racing around noon or so. Redlinefever has already made it here.

Grandpatractor, WetGunPowder, HEAVY FUEL and others responsible:

Thank you each for a great GTG today.

And thanks to all the guys who brought the saws to try!

Philbert

Last edited:
:cheers:Sounds like everyone had a good time again. Grandpatractor always puts on a good show.

:camera: Now just waiting to see all the great pics and videos everyone took. Hope to see everyone in the spring.

By the way, JD, is my door prize in the mail? :hmm3grin2orange:

:cheers:

:camera: Now just waiting to see all the great pics and videos everyone took. Hope to see everyone in the spring.

By the way, JD, is my door prize in the mail? :hmm3grin2orange:

Your door prize is one of the MacCullochs that wouldn't start today. We figured Mark had enough already.

I just returned from the local saloon, Apparently the potent combination of2 stroke smoke and bonfire means I only have a couple minutes to type. At least I won't wake up in a strange bed tomorrow. I should be hung over enough to sit here and post pics and videos tomorrow, besides the race doesn't start till 2 and the Packers don't play till 3:15, I hear there is a college game at noon to keep football fans busy. How does a 40 year old QB play for a college team anyhow?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back