ms 150 best saw ever (snellorized) in the history of saws (lb. for lb.)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad's got some vids but while most of you look forward to becoming an old vet of the biz...I am and if you don't want to listen....well...ms 150, zig zag, arbor trolley, etc. so much cool stuff out there and if you don't have a bucket, 200 hp chipper, crane, mini, tracked stumper...etc., well you prob won't get there because you won't enjoy it and come to hate it. This saw flat out fkn cranks and weighs a drop over a handsaw.

Took me a long time to decide to migrate from climbing with an 028 to an 026 to finally a 200T.
Old habits die hard.
I'd be more seduced by a MS150 if the $$$ : cc ratio wasn't so out of kilter.
Also, wasn't there some issues with the bar stud stripping, or the lanyard ring attachment?

yeah the bar stud and they warranted but in retrospect since it hasn't re occurred I think it was a gorilla fisted groundman that overtorqued the nut after a chain adjustment. Also this saw is easily worth what they are charging....again if it has longevity. So in effect I am also soliciting lack of longevity in this thread as I would buy another otherwise.

Hard for me when I can almost get 2 cs271t echos or one 150...

Hard for me when I can almost get 2 cs271t echos or one 150...
From what I've seen so far, a stock MS150 out-cuts the other micro-saws. Not saying something better might come along later, but I've had my MS150 11 months now and absolutely love it. Took the top out of an oak last weekend ... 12" bar and the oak was 14" diameter where I made my cut.

So if all these toys made you the "vet" you are...what were you 5 years ago when you had almost none of them?

personally,I like the thought of having one of these little saws around. Any thing I can do to extend the life of my shoulders is a good thing and I am all ears. i may have to bust a move on one here in a month or so. Gotta build up the bank after that long winter. But I will likely get one unless I hear bad things in the next month or so.

Brad Snellor loves em and I think he is up your way to do the mod unless you can do yourself. Great saw without it, spectacular with it.

that's too bad, he works in Cinci. and he met me here on the way home to Dayton. Very happy with the 2 saws he did for me. Then again...you might be wrong.

He might be taking in work now but be wasn't he took a break when his dad was real sick and recently passed away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back