MS 200T - A couple questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my bigger saws I tighten by the feel of how the chain rotates.... there's a very narrow 'sweet spot' where the chain can be freely rotated by hand on most bars in the area of 24"/ When you get closer to 3'+, you have to go a little bit tighter.

On smaller saws like my 192t with a 12" bar I find that the rotation method of tightening isn't the way to go. If you can rotate the chain freely by hand, it will probably jump the rails. I don't know if the situation is the same on the 16" bars most guys seem to run on the 200t.

The way I tension my 192t with a 12" bar is to pull the chain out at about half way along the bar on the bottom side. When the drive teeth *just* pull out of the bar, I find thats about right. Any further, it will jump rails. Any less, you're putting too much friction on the system. At this tension it doesn't rotate very freely by hand, but it does rotate. To me, you want it just slightly tighter than the point it's going to jump rails.

Shaun

For that bogging thing...

If nothing else works, check the fuel tank breather...my 200t would run fine, then start to bog then cut out, and not start for a while, fuel tank breather had some crud in it...now it runs better than ever!
Someone here told me to check that, and they were right on!

Yup, breather was plugged for the most part. Thank you Bermie.

Back